• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 17 Wonder to Alaska

Hi! I am the organizer of the MUFE (Monster University Fish Extender) group. Our deadline has passed to join in, but here is what I can offer you - we are broken up into two teams with 8/9 cabins in each team (total of 30 people per group). If you really want to join, I will need your Cabin number and your names if you want to share it as soon as possible. You will be considered a "late addition" so you will receive gifts from people in our group that have extras, so there is no guarantee that you will or will not get anything (I'm pretty sure you will get something!) You can provide gifts to the cabins and people in the team you are assigned to, but you are also welcomed to give to the other team as well. That is up to you. This is my first Disney cruise and first for most of my family, and its a first for many of our other families as well. Welcome aboard!!!

Also, there's a link to our facebook page on Post #325 on Page 22 of this thread. The spreadsheet is loaded there or I can email it to you.
We are going to Vancouver (flying in from Houston) a few days early any recommendations of fun stuff to do. We have two girls 10 and 13.

I would love any kind of packing list. travling from Houston Texas with Husband and a 10 year old and a 13 year old Girls.

Hi! I've got everything ready to work on my MUFE gifts and just requested to join the facebook page. Is that the easiest way to get the MUFE list?
Looking forward to it ! I better get busy!!

Yes the list is on facebook. I will go check and make sure you get added. I couldn't figure out how to post it here.

Hi Cruisers,

We are new, travelling from AUSTRALIA to do this Cruise with Canadian family. I have decided to try to find out what all this talk of Fish Extenders are... found my way here only to find out we are TOO LATE?

I am travelling with 4 children under 9 (two of them have to sleep in with their grandparents because of the numbers but the rooms are joined) and I was so hoping to do a few swaps. Not offended to be on a late list since bringing too much stuff home is not easy for us (we have 3 weeks of travel with the kids AFTER the Cruise) but I thought the kids would sure miss out if we didn't try to do this.

Please let me know if there is a way we can get on a late list and what I need to do for it all.

THANKS! Can't wait!! Can't wait, can't WAIT!

I did see on some other cruises, they post a name tag and I guess everyone makes their own and wears it at the meet and greet. Any suggestions anyone??

I'm still putting together a "for fun" VIP lanyard for MUFE members. I don't have enough for everyone but thought it would be fun for the kids.

Thanks Jayne - I think that's a great idea to post a name tag and people can print their own to wear! ;)

Well, in the message above, I was trying to post as a reply to another disboarders post, but it didn't work quite right. Still learning! I have noticed that will be in Juneau during the summer solstice and have seen on one site that there will be a parade, but couldn't find a time. Anyone else know of summer solstice celebrations that week?

Thanks for sharing! Like Linda, I'll also try and get more information and if anyone else finds something, please let us know. :goodvibes

Heather

We are going to Vancouver (flying in from Houston) a few days early any recommendations of fun stuff to do. We have two girls 10 and 13.

I meant to add this to my last post - we are also flying in 2 days early to Vancouver and plan to explore the city a little bit. We'll likely walk to Stanley Park from our hotel (Pan Pacific) and explore the near by sites. I'm hoping the weather will be nice so we can walk around. I hear nothing but awesome things about Vancouver!

Enjoy,
Heather

Hi everyone

Just checking in :)

I started our packing today. I'm really trying to travel light but I still seem to be taking a ton of stuff!

Such a tricky trip to pack for, especially as we will be away from home for 14 nights

Tomorrow will be the start of our last full working week !! :)

Hi everyone

Just checking in :)

I started our packing today. I'm really trying to travel light but I still seem to be taking a ton of stuff!

Such a tricky trip to pack for, especially as we will be away from home for 14 nights

Tomorrow will be the start of our last full working week !! :)

Yep, on countdown mode! After today I have 7.5 working days left! :cool1: I think our suitcases are going to be a mix of everything and it's hard to pack a few of everything (don't know what we'll need) but we'll just have to make do!

I was trying to catch the Wonder coming back into Vancouver and I checked at 715am local time and she is already docked. I was hoping they would make it in a little earlier so it will be interesting to see if this continues and when the first group could disembark for the airport.

Heather

Hi Cruisers,

We are new, travelling from AUSTRALIA to do this Cruise with Canadian family. I have decided to try to find out what all this talk of Fish Extenders are... found my way here only to find out we are TOO LATE?

I am travelling with 4 children under 9 (two of them have to sleep in with their grandparents because of the numbers but the rooms are joined) and I was so hoping to do a few swaps. Not offended to be on a late list since bringing too much stuff home is not easy for us (we have 3 weeks of travel with the kids AFTER the Cruise) but I thought the kids would sure miss out if we didn't try to do this.

Please let me know if there is a way we can get on a late list and what I need to do for it all.

Hi! Glad you joined our group! I've always wanted to see Australia! I'm making extra FE gifts for those who may have joined late, and was wanting to find out if your children are boys or girls or a mixture of both so I know what to bring.
Thanks!

Ok! Do you want to join the Roaming Mickey - its a magnet that goest room to room and everyone signs it with their name and room number and at the end, hopefully I get it back, then I post it and everyone can make a copy. Sounds fun! Just message me your room number if you want to be included. We are planning a meet and when I get that info I will post it here and on our facebook page.

Yes, we would like to do the roaming Mickey. Thanks! I'll send you a message hopefully tonight with our room info.

I saw that people are being added to the MUFE again.... We are going to pass on this. At this point I'm so overwhelmed with everything (end of the year stuff, packing, DS's birthday...) that I can't add anything else on my plate right now. We will go to the get together to meet everyone though. I can't believe it's do soon!

Kandie, here is an abbreviated version of what I am planning to bring. Also understand I am planning to do laundry once in Vancouver and probably twice onboard.

I have a longer list I'd be willing to email if you're interested - I shared it with my parents and our other travel companions and they are tweaking it for themselves. You just have to promise not to laugh at my silly comments. ;)

Thanks! I would totally love to check out the longer list, and I promise not to laugh. ;) kandykane183@yahoo.com

Yes, we would like to do the roaming Mickey. Thanks! I'll send you a message hopefully tonight with our room info.

I saw that people are being added to the MUFE again.... We are going to pass on this. At this point I'm so overwhelmed with everything (end of the year stuff, packing, DS's birthday...) that I can't add anything else on my plate right now. We will go to the get together to meet everyone though. I can't believe it's do soon!

Ok,noted that you are passing on the MUFE and I WILL add you to the Roaming Mickey. See you at the Meet and Greet!

Hi! I've got everything ready to work on my MUFE gifts and just requested to join the facebook page. Is that the easiest way to get the MUFE list?
Looking forward to it ! I better get busy!!

Please let me know that you found us on Facebook so I know you got the list. Thanks!

Hi Cruisers,

HI! You can still be added as late addition, some of our members are excited to put some gifts together for you and your kids, so we need their gender and ages asap, and Room Number. Please find our facebook link on Post #325 above. It's a little late but possible! Welcome aboard!! We are also having a meet and greet at 2:45 pm at Diversions on embarkation day!

I think I missed the info on the facebook page....what should I search for?

Have you guys read about this attraction? There is no official opening date yet, but it is supposed to open in June 2013 in Canada Place Seems similar to Soaring over California! I really hope we get o do it.

Have you guys read about this attraction? There is no official opening date yet, but it is supposed to open in June 2013 in Canada Place Seems similar to Soaring over California! I really hope we get o do it.

I checked it out - wouldn't it be great if it opened in the next week!

Yay! Wow, it's so nice to sit down at the end of the day and have a reply! Ok GREAT. I am so super happy to do the late list. One wee surprise for the kids would be thrilling for them.

Here is our information:

We are Greg, Susan, Minaya (8), Felicity (6), Mitch (4) and Davis (1) so two girls and two boys! You will recognize us because we are only flying in the day before so my kids are going to want to be sleeping when everyone is awake and partying whilst everyone else is sleeping for a few days (kill me now) but that's how the flights worked out what can we do?

The children are split across TWO ROOMS (2083 2085) The girls are staying with the Grandparents and the boys with us, adjoining rooms!! The grandparents will be the ones sleeping during the DAY!

We are travelling with Grandparents, Sister/husband and their two adult kids in a separate room AND my Uncle (so 5 rooms in total) so doubt we will make Meet/Greet things. I figure we'll do our FE stuff in the middle of the night when I have to walk the halls with a wide-awake baby!!

Now please excuse these ditzy questions:

1) Do we have to bring something Monsters Uni? or can we do a little Australian something?
2) How many items will we realistically need to bring?
3) Suggestions on making a Fish Extender?
4) I'd attach a photo of our door images if I could figure out how to.. that can WAIT!

These are custom images I made to put on the doors that show where the girls are and where the boys are if this helps?! Gosh thinking people are tailoring for boys/girls makes me think this is fancier than I'd originally imagined? I was just planning on doing a little Aussie thing, guess I need to find out what's really expected for these FE's?

We just did a temperature check.. pretty much its the same temperature in Vancouver that it is HERE and it's WINTER! (Brrrrr)

Cheers,
Susan

PS. Sorry if I am not following protocol and adding peoples comments first etc. I am just hitting the reply button. There is no way I can go back and read all 30 pages of notes on here and still get packed in time. I have to pack for 6 people for 4 weeks for like 4 seasons (or maybe its just Winter??) haha... can't wait to meet you all! Speaking of that:

5) seriously how FORMAL is FORMAL?

Sorry for the big time delay in replying to this. I will go on now and checkout the FB page?!?

Very interesting! I'm not going to get my hopes up it will be open by our weekend in Vancouver, but it would really be nice :) I did tweet them earlier to see if we could at least get an update on their opening date and here is their response:

"Hi! Thanks for the tweet. We'll be announcing our opening date very soon. Keep check on our website for some changes...."

So, not sure what that means but changes makes it seem like it won't be mid-June as I had read? Fingers crossed and thanks for sharing Paula!

Every day I try and tick off a few items from my to do list but then I add a few more - lol.

Linda - you might be heading there earlier than anyone else?

Heather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter