• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 17 Wonder to Alaska

No, no.... At this point I'm not expecting to be added. I originally had been wanting to do an FE, but then there was very little activity here, and I went M.I.A. While I was gone, there was lots if activity! Which I'm glad about, but I regret that I stopped checking in. That was more what I was trying to get at in my post: I'm glad things picked up, I regret not being part of it. Is there a meet scheduled though? I haven't seen that mentioned.

Thanks!
Renee

Ok! Do you want to join the Roaming Mickey - its a magnet that goest room to room and everyone signs it with their name and room number and at the end, hopefully I get it back, then I post it and everyone can make a copy. Sounds fun! Just message me your room number if you want to be included. We are planning a meet and when I get that info I will post it here and on our facebook page.

We are doing our 1st cruise ever, very excited feeling lost and overwhelmed. My husband and I will be celebrating out 15 year wedding anniversary my 50th birthday with our 10 year old 13 year old daughters.:scratchin We wanted to do the Fish thing but just found out about it today, how can we join the group and do it???

We are doing our 1st cruise ever, very excited feeling lost and overwhelmed. My husband and I will be celebrating out 15 year wedding anniversary my 50th birthday with our 10 year old 13 year old daughters.:scratchin We wanted to do the Fish thing but just found out about it today, how can we join the group and do it???

Hi! I am the organizer of the MUFE (Monster University Fish Extender) group. Our deadline has passed to join in, but here is what I can offer you - we are broken up into two teams with 8/9 cabins in each team (total of 30 people per group). If you really want to join, I will need your Cabin number and your names if you want to share it as soon as possible. You will be considered a "late addition" so you will receive gifts from people in our group that have extras, so there is no guarantee that you will or will not get anything (I'm pretty sure you will get something!) You can provide gifts to the cabins and people in the team you are assigned to, but you are also welcomed to give to the other team as well. That is up to you. This is my first Disney cruise and first for most of my family, and its a first for many of our other families as well. Welcome aboard!!!

Also, there's a link to our facebook page on Post #325 on Page 22 of this thread. The spreadsheet is loaded there or I can email it to you.

Hi everyone!
We are going to have a meet and greet on embarkation day! Please join us at 2:45pm on Monday June 17 at Diversions on the Disney Wonder!! Although this is a MUFE event, everyone is invited to stop by and meet your fellow DIS'rs! See you there!!

No, no.... At this point I'm not expecting to be added. I originally had been wanting to do an FE, but then there was very little activity here, and I went M.I.A. While I was gone, there was lots if activity! Which I'm glad about, but I regret that I stopped checking in. That was more what I was trying to get at in my post: I'm glad things picked up, I regret not being part of it. Is there a meet scheduled though? I haven't seen that mentioned.

Thanks!
Renee

hi Renee
Just got a request from another family to join the MUFE, so I'll leave it open to you if you want to come in as a late add as well. If you do, I will assign you to a team as we have split our group in two teams. There are 8/9 cabins with 30 people in each team. LMK See my post regarding late add's above.

Hi everyone!
We are going to have a meet and greet on embarkation day! Please join us at 2:45pm on Monday June 17 at Diversions on the Disney Wonder!! Although this is a MUFE event, everyone is invited to stop by and meet your fellow DIS'rs! See you there!!

Copy - thanks Jayne!! Are you other fellow cruisers planning on stopping by? Are we doing name tags of any sort? Just curious... :goodvibes

IT'S JUNE!! WOOHOO - we cruise *this* month and time is running out fast but getting excited. The hard part of my DS's school is done so tomorrow the suitcases are coming out! To those that have animals, I understand the anxiety suitcases bring.

We are so close! :cool1:

Heather

I meant to mention this - I noticed on the webcam yesterday for Juneau, the Wonder left at 4:00pm, not 4:30pm as scheduled. I'm wondering if there was a change for them or if there was a reason. I checked the itineraries online and they still show leaving Juneau at 4:30pm. :confused3

Heather

Copy - thanks Jayne!! Are you other fellow cruisers planning on stopping by? Are we doing name tags of any sort? Just curious... :goodvibes

IT'S JUNE!! WOOHOO - we cruise *this* month and time is running out fast but getting excited. The hard part of my DS's school is done so tomorrow the suitcases are coming out! To those that have animals, I understand the anxiety suitcases bring.

We are so close! :cool1:

Heather

I did see on some other cruises, they post a name tag and I guess everyone makes their own and wears it at the meet and greet. Any suggestions anyone??

I'm still putting together a "for fun" VIP lanyard for MUFE members. I don't have enough for everyone but thought it would be fun for the kids.

I meant to mention this - I noticed on the webcam yesterday for Juneau, the Wonder left at 4:00pm, not 4:30pm as scheduled. I'm wondering if there was a change for them or if there was a reason. I checked the itineraries online and they still show leaving Juneau at 4:30pm. :confused3

Heather

We are on the June 3rd cruise but have been watching your group's thread for additional information and wanted to comment on this. I do know that Juneau is 1 hour behind Pacific time so I'm hoping they actually left at 5 local time.... We have an excursion that ends at 4 which already makes me nervous! Hope that helps and happy cruising!!

We are on the June 3rd cruise but have been watching your group's thread for additional information and wanted to comment on this. I do know that Juneau is 1 hour behind Pacific time so I'm hoping they actually left at 5 local time.... We have an excursion that ends at 4 which already makes me nervous! Hope that helps and happy cruising!!

Hi there! The webcam shows local time and it was definitely 4 local Juneau time so that's what sparked my curiosity.

You must be so excited!! Come back and tell us all about it!

Heather

Hi there! The webcam shows local time and it was definitely 4 local Juneau time so that's what sparked my curiosity.

You must be so excited!! Come back and tell us all about it!

Heather

Yikes! That makes me nervous! We are over the moon excited. I will certainly try to post any updates for you here IF I have Internet! I'm hoping the May 31st folks will update their page when they get back so we can all see what their thoughts were.

Yikes! That makes me nervous! We are over the moon excited. I will certainly try to post any updates for you here IF I have Internet! I'm hoping the May 31st folks will update their page when they get back so we can all see what their thoughts were.

Ok so I've been looking through the Internet and found this on the City of Juneau web page on their "time and weather" section:

Time is unadjusted for Daylight Savings
Alaskan Time Zone (GMT -9).

Maybe that is also the case for the webcam which would explain the hour difference..... I'm sure hoping!!!!

Ok so I've been looking through the Internet and found this on the City of Juneau web page on their "time and weather" section:

Time is unadjusted for Daylight Savings
Alaskan Time Zone (GMT -9).

Maybe that is also the case for the webcam which would explain the hour difference..... I'm sure hoping!!!!

Hmm...not sure? If it's their local time and DCL says they should leave at 4:30pm you'd think that would coincide? Who knows - but I wouldn't worry! I also noticed this morning the Wonder was in Ketchikan by 9:45am (I think) and they weren't scheduled until 11:15am?? I know they can tweak port times and twice we've been extended on cruises and have left at 2am (Nassau and Costa Maya) instead of around 5pm to "reward the crew".

Have a blast and come back and let us know and hopefully we'll find out from the current cruisers too!! :goodvibes

Heather

Hi! Have looked at this thread a few times, but starting over! This is also my first cruise to check out the disboard, but my third DCL cruise. It's coming up soon , can't wait!!

Well, in the message above, I was trying to post as a reply to another disboarders post, but it didn't work quite right. Still learning! I have noticed that will be in Juneau during the summer solstice and have seen on one site that there will be a parade, but couldn't find a time. Anyone else know of summer solstice celebrations that week?

Hi! I've got everything ready to work on my MUFE gifts and just requested to join the facebook page. Is that the easiest way to get the MUFE list?
Looking forward to it ! I better get busy!!

I know we may be too late, but would like to like to join the MUFE group,if possible! This is our 3rd disney cruise and we've never does a fish extender group before. Now that my daughter is 11, we think it would be great fun ! I will provide my info. in case you have room left or someone drops out.
We are HAPPY, HAPPY that we wil be cruising next month. Can't wait!! love all the insider scoop we've learned just tonight on this site. Wish we would have known sooner.
There will be three of us: me, husband, and daughter , age 11
Stateroom:2054

Also, I would love for my daughter to penpal/email others before the cruise. She is an only child and I would love for her to meet other kids to hang out with on the cruise! She is 11 years old and is really excited about Alaska. With several days at sea, I would love for her to have some pals!

Hi there! We are just a few doors down from you in 2064. My DD is also an only, although she is only 7 (going on 30 LOL). Glad to meet you!

Well, in the message above, I was trying to post as a reply to another disboarders post, but it didn't work quite right. Still learning! I have noticed that will be in Juneau during the summer solstice and have seen on one site that there will be a parade, but couldn't find a time. Anyone else know of summer solstice celebrations that week?

This sounds really interesting. I just ran a Google search and as you say, it looks like there is a parade every year on the 21st
I can't find anything specific about start times etc. though
I will keep searching!

First Cruise ever, :tink: So Glad it's going to be a Disney Alaska Cruise. If you have crused before, what is one is or two things you wish you knew when you first went. It will be me my husband and two daughters 10 and 13. I can't wait:tink:
I'm a huge Tink Fan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter