• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 17 Wonder to Alaska

I know we may be too late, but would like to like to join the MUFE group,if possible! This is our 3rd disney cruise and we've never does a fish extender group before. Now that my daughter is 11, we think it would be great fun ! I will provide my info. in case you have room left or someone drops out.
We are HAPPY, HAPPY that we wil be cruising next month. Can't wait!! love all the insider scoop we've learned just tonight on this site. Wish we would have known sooner.
There will be three of us: me, husband, and daughter , age 11
Stateroom:2054

Also, I would love for my daughter to penpal/email others before the cruise. She is an only child and I would love for her to meet other kids to hang out with on the cruise! She is 11 years old and is really excited about Alaska. With several days at sea, I would love for her to have some pals!

Sorry if I didn't accept you into the MUFE, but I did add you in!! Check out our facebook link in post #325. Please message me your names, dining early or late and if you want to, facebook name, email and favorite characters.

Welcome! :cool1: We also have an only child (he's 9.5) and he doesn't go to the kids club too much since he is with us 95% of the time. He will definitely check it out and we have a Palo Brunch booked so he'll go to the club during that time too. He doesn't email right now but I wanted to say, "I understand your situation". :goodvibes

I haven't cruised with an infant, however my DS has about the same sleep schedule you just mentioned. He is usually in bed by 8pm on school/week nights and the weekend, maybe 9pm. The reason being - he wakes up at 6am every day! We are flying in two days before the cruise to Vancouver to adjust to the time different from the East Coast so hopefully this helps. We know we won't sleep 100% like we do at home, but we try not to overdo it. We are doing a lot more excursions on this cruise so I expect we will all crash at night! :rotfl2:

Heather

Hi Heather, Can you message me your room number for the Roaming Mickey. Thanks!

Hi there!

I just discovered this site! We are going on our first Disney Cruise and are so excited. Is it too late to join for the FE? Or the roaming mickey? We would like to do both. We have two staterooms and 7 people cruising. I understand if it is too late, but at any rate we would love to meet up with some of you on the cruise. I won't post our info until I know if we can join (or not).

Thanks!

Elisabeth

You are welcomed to join the MUFE! I have decided to split the group as it has gotten quite large. Please message me your info as soon as possible! Thank you and look forward to meeting you and your gang!

I know we may be too late, but would like to like to join the MUFE group,if possible! This is our 3rd disney cruise and we've never does a fish extender group before. Now that my daughter is 11, we think it would be great fun ! I will provide my info. in case you have room left or someone drops out.
We are HAPPY, HAPPY that we wil be cruising next month. Can't wait!! love all the insider scoop we've learned just tonight on this site. Wish we would have known sooner.

Also, I would love for my daughter to penpal/email others before the cruise. She is an only child and I would love for her to meet other kids to hang out with on the cruise! She is 11 years old and is really excited about Alaska. With several days at sea, I would love for her to have some pals!

I have a dd who is 11 and she would email with your daughter. Put some random posts out so that you get your count to 10 so you can message me for the email or check out the FB page with the spreadsheet.

Anyone have any tips/suggestions for cruising with an infant? DD will be about 6 months. Also was the time difference a challenge with kids? We live in the midwest...I'm worried my kiddos (who go to bed at 7:30pm, and are up at 6:30am) will have a rough time. Thanks!

Our Izzy went on her first cruise at 9 months old and she did great. It was just a mini 4-day to Nassau and CC. She adjusted just fine, but it was a harder adjustment for us....we were used to cruising kid-free and without a schedule to keep! She adapted nicely, but the thing we didn't anticipate was the napping. And the bedtime. Meaning someone had to be with her in the cabin, and only one of us got to go out to evening movies and so on.

When last we were in Alaska she was almost 2, and she napped in the stroller on our excursions which was great! She actually did well with the time change, better than any of the adults! She's a pretty go-with-the-flow kid and a great traveller which helps. Not that there weren't a few meltdowns.....but I wouldn't worry too much.

Hope that helps!

My kids are going to be thrilled.

My name is Elisabeth, my husbands name is Andrew.
My children are Mark, age 10, Nancy age 8, Margaret age 6 and Christopher age 5.
We are also traveling with my Mom. She can be Grandma!

My facebook name is ann smith.
I am from SF, my husband is from the UK. We currently live in SF.
The girls love the princesses of course and the boys love Woody and Buzz. All of them really.

Thank you again.

Having never done this before, could you let me know what this all involves? Gifts everyday?
So excited!

My kids are going to be thrilled.

My name is Elisabeth, my husbands name is Andrew.
My children are Mark, age 10, Nancy age 8, Margaret age 6 and Christopher age 5.
We are also traveling with my Mom. She can be Grandma!

My facebook name is ann smith.
I am from SF, my husband is from the UK. We currently live in SF.
The girls love the princesses of course and the boys love Woody and Buzz. All of them really.

Thank you again.

Having never done this before, could you let me know what this all involves? Gifts everyday?
So excited!

As for gifts, I suggested one family gift representing where you're from and one individual gift. As we are splitting the group, any additional gifts are optional. You are also welcomed to do the whole group if you so choose. Have fun with it!

Y'all can stop stressing now, we just booked our plane tickets to Vancouver! :cool1:

Funny story....we were going to book on Sunday but due to several strange happenings were not able to actually sit down together and book until this evening. The price had gone up over the weekend to $750 and saying "only 3 more left at this price" which was totally bumming me out. And today when we logged on, they were down to $650! No restrictions! For the same exact flights!
We got all 5 tickets and saved $500. I'm thrilled.

And now everyone can relax, because WE WILL GET THERE. lol ::yes::

Y'all can stop stressing now, we just booked our plane tickets to Vancouver! :cool1:

Funny story....we were going to book on Sunday but due to several strange happenings were not able to actually sit down together and book until this evening. The price had gone up over the weekend to $750 and saying "only 3 more left at this price" which was totally bumming me out. And today when we logged on, they were down to $650! No restrictions! For the same exact flights!

Yay !!!!! :cool1:
You have nerves of steel :thumbsup2

Hi Everyone!

Getting excited! I am trying to figure out the graphic website, but I am a dork. I see that some of you had t-shirts made and I would love to do that and possibly print some magnets for our doors. Could someone walk me through how to do this? Or how to find the images to use? How to use them? Completely hopeless, I know.

Thanks!

Elisabeth

Hi Everyone!

Getting excited! I am trying to figure out the graphic website, but I am a dork. I see that some of you had t-shirts made and I would love to do that and possibly print some magnets for our doors. Could someone walk me through how to do this? Or how to find the images to use? How to use them? Completely hopeless, I know.

Thanks!

Elisabeth

On facebook, seach Graphics for All Lovers of Disney, you have to ask to join and they will accept you (closed group). Then you can request designs that are already made and have them personalized or you can request a new graphic. But you should be specific so re-designing is not necessary and all they ask is you say Please and Thank You!

There are also many designers here on disboards. Seach DISigners and you'll be amazed at what pops up!

Have fun!!

Stateroom # 6502
In the room - Myself, my husband, my 11 year old daughter, my other 8 year old daughter and my 3 year old son.
We are from Galt, California, USA
We are going on a family cruise...there is 16 of us!

Hi! I want to be sure you get hold of the FE list. Please let me know if you are on facebook or pm your email so I can send it to you. One month before we sail!!

Hi, just checking if you are on our facebook page. I posted the FE list there. Please let me know. Also if you could provide your names.

Mickey Mail made it to AAA today and they are droping it back in the mail. Hopefully we will have it by the weekend.:cool1:

See - this is what I don't get. I'm in CA and a heck of a lot closer and it would cost me that much or more to fly to Vancouver in June. As soon as the calendars opened up for booking flights I started watching it. The flights started at $500 a person round trip. But this is part of why we are driving. I can't see spending $2000 or more on flights. But this way I also get to see my family in Washington, so it's OK for us in the end.

We are also in CA and Alaska Airlines was over $500pp for coach seats. First class was $550. It worked out to only about $150 difference total for five of us so we splurged.

Of all the airlines we looked at, Alaska Air and Air Canada were the most expensive! I don't know why it's so expensive to fly to Vancouver. Our other travel buddies saved several hundred dollars by flying into Seattle instead and taking the train to Vancouver. But they are staying for a few days in Seattle, whereas we are making Vancouver our home base.

I considered flying into Seattle and taking the train up, but it made for a loooooong day. Especially with a 3 year old. :scared: Would have saved us about another few hundred dollars, though.

Also, why does JetBlue fly everywhere EXCEPT Canada? Seriously?!

Hi Again! I have a question about printing t-shirts. I tried uploading a couple of images to vista print, but they are recommending using another picture because of the very low resolution of the picture. How do I get around that?

Thanks!

Elisabeth

Yeah to all the people receiving their Mickey Mail - woohoo!!!! :banana: A month from today we will be in Vancouver, exploring! :cool1:

Hi Heather, Can you message me your room number for the Roaming Mickey. Thanks!
Done! ;)

PHEW!! I was so stressed for you and I was actually thinking about you recently and your flights! So glad to know you got that taken care of and it worked out well for you guys!! :thumbsup2

Hey everyone

Just spotted this article on the Disney Cruise Line Blog (it's an unofficial blog by the way)

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...yCruiseLineBlog+(The+Disney+Cruise+Line+Blog)

It gives some intersting info on the Pixar Pals Parties that DCL ran last fall

Of course our party may be very different but I think this gives us a glimpse as to what may happen, including a special menu meet and greet opportunities

Enjoy :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing Linda! I'm still not sure what we will do (if anything) for Pixar Night..hmm..I really need to get a move on that! ::yes::

Heather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter