June 16th Med Cruise Report

Which beach trip did you take in Olbia and did you experience bugs? Please PM me with your answer. We are cruising July 28th and I have read so many bad things about the beach and don't know if I should cancel. I appreciate your help!

I LOVED Olbia. It was my favorite place! We took the tour to Madellana and thought it was beautiful. I really enjoyed lounging on the beach with my family instead of going to see ruins of some sort.

The biggest recommendation that I have is to make SURE you get there a couple of days early. I can't count the number of people whose luggage was lost and NEVER got it the entire cruise! Make sure you swap clothes between bags so at least if one bag shows up, you have a few days of clothes instead of NONE.

I did not have any problems with the tours, I enjoyed them all. I agree that there was not much time to shop, but I really didn't go there to shop so I was not disappointed. I felt like we would get back at a reasonable hour in time to relax before the late seating and have a swim. My son enjoyed the camp so much we could never get him out of it!

My biggest disappointment was Pisa. Skip it and stay in Florence longer!

For La Madellana, could you bring towels from the ship or did you have to bring beach towels from home?

We did Day at Sea and luckily one guest had bug spray. It was very helpful. They gave you towels when you checked in for the tours.
Steph

Which beach trip did you take in Olbia and did you experience bugs? Please PM me with your answer. We are cruising July 28th and I have read so many bad things about the beach and don't know if I should cancel. I appreciate your help!
We went to Coda Covallo beach and we had no problems with bugs!

I took a few photos of our group when we met at the LaPoma restaurant in Barcelona on June 15, 2007.

See blog "http://smillingjackdinner.blogspot.com"

As usual, should have taken more and notes.

Cheers,
Jack:) :banana: :yay:

Smilling jack,

Great job with the blog! I can help you a little on the pictures. On the first picture next to Steph is Wendy....her daughter Jasmine was at another table. My son Jeff was accross from Steph and I was next to him. Hope that helps.:)

Marie

What a great cruise! Near perfect weather, amazing ports, excellent Disney service, entertainment and food, and meeting new friends. I honestly don't know how the cruise could have been any better. Alright fellow June 16th MedHead cruisers, let's hear from you.

What a great Blog, it wil be very useful in planning for the Med in 2010

Thank you for the kind comment. We're excited about the new itineraries in 2010 and are planning on being on at least one of them. We're torn between returning to the Med and seeing things we missed out on in 2007 or visiting new ports on one of the other cruises.

Thank you for the kind comment. We're excited about the new itineraries in 2010 and are planning on being on at least one of them. We're torn between returning to the Med and seeing things we missed out on in 2007 or visiting new ports on one of the other cruises.

Thanks Again

Jeff, do you recall the name of the restaurant you had lunch at on your tour of the Amalfi coast

We also toured with DriveAmalfi.com and the restaurant we visited was the San Giovanni up in the hills near Ravello

I don't recall the name but I would guess Seaurchinzz is right and that we probably went to the same place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter