• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 16, 2013 - 4 night Dream

It would be fun to do a little meet up especially since there are some similar aged kids. Fireworks fan will your DD be 11 yet on the cruise? My oldest turns 11 in March and is very interested in checking out the Tween club! I ordered a FE too so very excited. I am not sure on all the details of how it works but think it sounds fun.

We had our TA waitlist us for early dining so I hope it comes through!

One more ? those of you flying in are you renting a car or doing disney transport? We are planning to rent a minivan but not sure if we will do two one way rentals or park it. I read the thread about dealing with the car rental place after someone's cruise where they waited almost 3 hours which would not be a good way to end the trip! Esp since we are flying into Chicago and will have a four hr drive back home when we land! Hoping we will be relaxed then!

Madzac-My DD will still be 10 on the cruise. Her birthday is in August.

I've only done FE once, and people only left gifts once during the cruise. Especially since its only 4 nights-I think people might do it more than once on a longer cruise though.

My parents will have a car, so that's how we will be getting around. We used Disney transport after our last cruise and it worked out great. Its expensive though.

My family will also be on this cruise. This is our first Disney Cruise and we are very excited. We are doing 5 nights in WDW before setting sail on the Dream. I can't wait. I think we are going to take the ME from WDW to the Port. My daughter will be 5 in March and my son turns 2 today :) I am interested in participating in FE.

Lambermm welcome!!! Glad to add another to our little group!! This will be our first disney cruise as well!

And happy 2nd birthday to your DS!!! My youngest will turn 2 in May!

We got our FE yesterday...so looking forward to it!

I don't think we are doing any excursions. We went to Atlantis last August, so we got to do a lot of things in the Bahamas. Atlantis is really neat, the waterpark is really nice, but I agree the price for the excursion there is quite expensive. I wonder if you can by tickets to the waterpark directly from Atlantis and take a taxi over. Atlantis does have a couple pools that you can utilize outside of the waterpark plus there is a public beach over there also.

We have also decided not to do any excursions this time. The time is so short, we decided to just stay on the ship in Nassau, and just enjoy the beach at Castaway Cay.

My kids will be at the time of the sailing DD 11, DS 8, DS 5 and DD 2.

We have also decided not to do any excursions this time. The time is so short, we decided to just stay on the ship in Nassau, and just enjoy the beach at Castaway Cay.

My kids will be at the time of the sailing DD 11, DS 8, DS 5 and DD 2.

I just noticed that you also have a DS that is 5. My youngest just turned 5 in Dec. It will be nice to have another boy the same age.

My DS turned 5 in Oct and would LOVE to have a buddy to get to know.. he is my most social! :thumbsup2

I also do not sew! Where did you get your FE from? I ordered ours on Etsy. I told my DH this means we have to cruise on disney again, lol!

My DS turned 5 in Oct and would LOVE to have a buddy to get to know.. he is my most social! :thumbsup2

I also do not sew! Where did you get your FE from? I ordered ours on Etsy. I told my DH this means we have to cruise on disney again, lol!

I also ordered ours on Etsy. I was not even going to attempt to make one.

I don't sew yet, but got a sewing machine for Christmas and I am going to take classes at JoAnns. So we will see how successful I am.

My DH and I will also be on this cruise :cool1: We have never sailed on Disney - never even considered it - until my DD suggested we accompany she and our SIL, and 3 DGC on their 2nd Disney cruise. We're spending 5 days at WDW pre-cruise (although DH and I will be golfing 2 of those days :)). Since booking I've done a lot of reading and it looks like Disney will be a great cruise for adults too!

Welcome boygeydi! Glad to have another aboard~

Can you believe it, just four more months and we will be cruisin'! How are everyone's preparations coming?

We just got our precruise nights arranged. We fly in on Fri and will be spending Fri night at my cousin's house who lives in Orlando. We will spend sat morning there and then plan to head towards the beach all together sometime Sat. Sat night we are staying at the Radisson Oceanfront on the beach! I got a free night certificate and am going to use it there. Getting excited!

I definitely want to participate in FE! Since it is a short cruise I would like to deliver only once and to maybe 10 cabins. What about you guys??

Hi Everyone! Glad to have found this group. We are very excited about the upcoming cruise. It will be our first. My husband and I will be accompanying our 5 year old daughter, Madison. We are all soooo excited! Looking forward to meeting you fine people.

Allison, Jeff and Madison
Austin, Texas

We are joining in!:banana: We have been to DW more times than I can count but this is our first cruise! Myself, DH, DD 8, my best girlfriend and her DS also 8. We are flying down the Thursday before to hang out in Orlando - our plans are up for grabs, maybe a little typhoon lagoon, maybe universal with Harry Potter...pixiedust:. Who knows!! Just learning about FEs.....are they happening on this cruise?:confused3 :hippie:

So excited to see some more join in! There are lots of us on this cruise who are first timers!

Yes, I think we are planning on a FE on this cruise but we havent done much more than talk about it so far! I did purchase one so we are definitely in! I like the idea of a smaller group as well with the short length of the cruise.

Maybe we should do a check in? Who is here lurking/reading along?
Who is going on the cruise?
Have you cruised before with DCL or other?
Where are you from?
Are you thinking about any excursions at this point?
What are you most excited about?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter