• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 14, 2014 - Taking the Magic to Venice

DisName.....................................First Names...............Kids Ages & Genders
bigAWL & 3PrincessMommy.........................Aaron & Joann................12, 10, 7 (3DDs)
Ltl Mermaid.....................................Honeymooners
Johnny Quest, Poison Ivy & Ironman..............Jim, Christine...............Mark
1stDisneyCruiseForUs............................Steph & Brian................Tyler(10), Alex (7), and Andy (7)
StJohnFamily....................................Pam & Shayne.................DD12
cwbagne.........................................Matt & Carianne..............Grant (DS18), Paige (DD15)
lgbroq..........................................Lysa & Luis..................DD8, DS5
Tink2182014.....................................Honeymooners
Griffith6.......................................DW & DH......................DD13, DD11, DD9, DS7
2003Eeyore......................................Patti........................DD10
KandiB47........................................DW & DH......................DS8
PrincessBestDayEver.............................Michele & Pete...............Matthew (8) and Julia (5)
Silvermist59....................................DW & DH......................DD10
BabyDiver.......................................Sue & Richard
Degrapevine.....................................Rose & David
Sunmoon620......................................Stacey & Sonny...............DD19, DD17, DD12
RosiePA.........................................Jeff & Rosie
Allyse..........................................Deanne & Larry...............DD16
Burma.......................................................................DD10 & DD12
Mehaul......................................................................DD10 & DD13
Ame.........................................................................DD10 & DD12
MootBoss
Magical Dreams..................................Mario & Kristi
Jonassa.........................................Jonas & Steinar
DPuck1998.......................................DH & DW......................DS15 & 13, DD9
SimivalleySarah.................................Sarah, Scott, DM & DD........DS18, DD14, DD5
AinW............................................Alice........................DD13
Time for Travel.................................Carol........................DD8
TreyFamily4.....................................Beth & Joe...................Sophia (9) and Nya (7)
nicis……………………………………………..……………….…...………………………..Nic, Mark, & Papa……...……………….Alex (16) & Kate (8)
saamh………...……………………..………….……………………..…………………………….DW & DH…………………..…...………..……..DD9 & DD6

Masinos. Brenda and Frank. Isabella 9, Sofia 8 Mia, 5 and Cecelia 4
[/QUOTE]

Hello, we are also doing this cruise. I have 4 daughters. Isabella age 9 but will turn 10 on the 15th of June during cruise. Sofia 8. Mia 5. And Cecelia, 4. Boy are we nervous!!!! Never cruised before. Help!

Hello, we are also doing this cruise. I have 4 daughters. Isabella age 9 but will turn 10 on the 15th of June during cruise. Sofia 8. Mia 5. And Cecelia, 4. Boy are we nervous!!!! Never cruised before. Help!

:welcome::grouphug:

This is only our 2nd DCL so don't worry, it's a ton of fun! This board is a great place to ask questions and the group also has a very active FB page.

Anyone know if during these excursions if there are potty breaks. I have a 4 year old that May need it:( yikes

Anyone know if during these excursions if there are potty breaks. I have a 4 year old that May need it:( yikes
It probably just depends on what you're doing. It's Europe so I don't know how abundant public restrooms are, but most excursions are for many hours so I'd assume there would be "potty breaks" scheduled. I'd call Disney to get more info.

Hi All, Welcome me, as I just registered on disboards and this is my very first post:) My husband and I will be on this cruise with our 2 girls ages 12 and 15. This is our second Med cruise--booked this one last year while we were on the June 2013 7 day trip. Looking to make some connections for my kids before we sail. Does anyone here have girls just about the same ages as mine? Looking forward to a reply.

Yes, Especially if you are on the family excursions and not the adult only tours. For the most part, the bus drivers and guides are extremely friendly and will be very receptive to bathroom requests. However, there were a few long bus rides where it may take a full hour to the next safe rest area--not too different than on the US Interstates.

We would like to be added to the Roll Call for the June 14th Med Cruise. Our info:

Disname:
3TinksandaPirate

First Names:
Chris & Nicole

Kids:
DD 15 and DD 12

We would like to be added to the Roll Call for the June 14th Med Cruise. Our info: Disname: 3TinksandaPirate First Names: Chris & Nicole Kids: DD 15 and DD 12

Also, there seems to be a large number of girls on our cruise. Lots between the ages of 9-13 especially. We have a 9 year old and 6 year old.

We just booked this cruise a week ago, our second cruise on the Magic (first was Western Caribbean). Family of four, travelling with my parents. I think we are one of the few with boys on this cruise!

Lisa and Andy

DS (10) and DS (13)

Hi All,
Just got to wondering......anyone have any experience with Trip Insurance....sure hope we wouldn't need it, but better to be safe than sorry...right? There are so many companies, I don't know where to start.
Any thoughts or ideas?:confused3
Time for Travel

Hey I got travel insurance. Thanks for birthday ears tip!!!!! My 8 year old turns 9 in July too!! :)

Anyone know if the wine package is worth it? If so do I tell travel agent? Trying to figure out a per day budget for 4 kids 2 adults!! Would like to not be bankrupt Lol:rotfl2:

Anyone know if the wine package is worth it? If so do I tell travel agent? Trying to figure out a per day budget for 4 kids 2 adults!! Would like to not be bankrupt Lol:rotfl2:

We always buy a wine package. If you plan to drink a bottle per night, it is worth it (though you're not likely to see huge savings - it varies with the bottles you actually order). If you plan to drink less than that, I believe you can actually buy a package for fewer nights. For instance if you get a 7-night package, you get 7 bottles of wine during your cruise. You can drink half a bottle per night at dinner, and the wait staff will save the bottle and bring it to you the next night to finish off. Even if you go with the cheaper package, and there is a more expensive bottle you really want one night, they can apply the average nightly value of your package to the off-package bottle and charge you the difference. It is very flexible.

We typically get the premium package (better wines available), and on any given night we might order a bottle of red and a bottle of white (it all depends upon your appetite :cool2:) and drink them over two nights.

It's very easy to order from your wait staff the first night at dinner. Just let them know you you would like the wine package and they will set you up.

Dis Name: AinW
First Name: Alice
Kids Ages & Genders: 13 (DD)
Also from Western WA

Have done 2 prior Med cruises, including most of these ports, but this time introducing my DD.

Definitely interested in booking private tour to Pompeii or at least transportation to city in Florence, Rome & Dubrovnik. Open to ideas in other ports too.

I'm a DVC member and usually visit WDW and DL annually but this will be my first DCL experience (2nd for my DD who has a generous grandma).

Please add us to the roll call.

Can't wait!!!!:yay:
You can hire a private car, driver and guide for almost every destination on this cruise. When I compared it to the Disney excursions it was a bit more expensive, but not terribly. This allows you to pre-ticket certain venus and avoid the ticket queue and in some sites, you get into a fast lane for entry.

I figure a bus full of people (usually around 55 people), with half of them being children would take so much time from sightseeing that the added expense was worth it. Besides, if you ever taken a bus like that, it is like having to herd cats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter