June 14, 2014 - Taking the Magic to Venice

Made final payment yesterday and was able to switch to late dining - yippee! :cool1::yay:::cheer2:

Also checked current pricing and am very happy we booked when we did - it looks like there are no more outside cabins and inside cabins are now going for $1k more than we paid for our outside cabin!

Looking forward to a 3 day trip to DL in April but otherwise only some work trips between now and the cruise.

Can't wait to meet all of you onboard!

Nice to meet everyone here! I guess I will make my disboards debut for this cruise. I have spent quite a bit of time reading TRs and getting some good info, but have waited until now to start posting. This will be the third Disney cruise for the DW and I. First cruise for the in-laws, but our group of 4 is ready for the summer to come!

Nice to meet everyone here! I guess I will make my disboards debut for this cruise. I have spent quite a bit of time reading TRs and getting some good info, but have waited until now to start posting. This will be the third Disney cruise for the DW and I. First cruise for the in-laws, but our group of 4 is ready for the summer to come!
Welcome!!

Hello Everybody

Well, we went mad yesterday and got so fed up with waiting for Disney to release the rest of it's 2015 cruises that we went ahead and booked for this Med Cruise!

Mad because we are already booked on the WBTA from Barcelona in Sept followed by the first cruise out of Puerto Rico making it a B2B (our first) but not our first Disney cruise - This one will be our 8th so by the end of the year we will at last reach Castaway Platinum and have done over 85 nights at sea!!!!

We live in Yorkshire, UK and you may have guessed by being able to cruise so much this year that we are both retired!.

our names are Sue and Richard.
Second sitting for dinner

Are you having a group meet anywhere on the ship? I know it's a busy cruise with on 2 sea days so maybe there won't be time during the day but maybe one evening?

Look forward to getting to know you all

Hi, all! My husband and I have had this cruise booked for well over a year, but now that we've made final payment, booked the airfare, reserved a hotel at Disneyland Paris with our DVC points, and booked a hotel in Barcelona, it's official. We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary on this trip (we are leaving our 3 teenagers at home with their grandparents).

I can't wait to stay up until midnight tonight to book Palo brunch and all of our excursions. We are flying into Paris a week before the cruise and staying at the Hotel New York in Disneyland Paris for 4 nights. Two days at Disneyland, one day in Paris, and one in Versailles and Giverny (my top thing to do was to see Monet's gardens). Then on to Barcelona for 2 nights (with a 5 hour layover in Zurich) and then the cruise. This will be my 20th Disney cruise, but my first trip to Europe and we are counting the days!

Please add us to the roll call and we'd love to do the Fish Extender as well. I (Rose) am 44 and my husband (David) is 47. Our stateroom # is 2582. Thanks!

Hi, all! My husband and I have had this cruise booked for well over a year, but now that we've made final payment, booked the airfare, reserved a hotel at Disneyland Paris with our DVC points, and booked a hotel in Barcelona, it's official. We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary on this trip (we are leaving our 3 teenagers at home with their grandparents).

I can't wait to stay up until midnight tonight to book Palo brunch and all of our excursions. We are flying into Paris a week before the cruise and staying at the Hotel New York in Disneyland Paris for 4 nights. Two days at Disneyland, one day in Paris, and one in Versailles and Giverny (my top thing to do was to see Monet's gardens). Then on to Barcelona for 2 nights (with a 5 hour layover in Zurich) and then the cruise. This will be my 20th Disney cruise, but my first trip to Europe and we are counting the days!

Please add us to the roll call and we'd love to do the Fish Extender as well. I (Rose) am 44 and my husband (David) is 47. Our stateroom # is 2582. Thanks!

Hello Rose
We booked this cruise on the spur of the moment to add to our other 2 we are doing this year. Boy we are breaking the bank!!

I see you mentioned visiting Giverny the home of Monet. I do hope you have lovely weather as the gardens are really special and his home is so interesting to walk around.

Wish we lived in Florida so we could cruise so easily and get to Platinum so quickly - we have 3 cruises to go to get to platinum and that will make 85 nights on board whereas you reached your goal by having been able to take lots of cruises of shorter durations.

Our cruises need more planning and expense just to get to them as you are finding out now with coming to Europe. Hope your journeys and holidays work out and see you on the ship!

Have a great weekend!

Had to cancel this cruise so please remove us from the list, and hope everyone has a great time!

Hello Rose
We booked this cruise on the spur of the moment to add to our other 2 we are doing this year. Boy we are breaking the bank!!

I see you mentioned visiting Giverny the home of Monet. I do hope you have lovely weather as the gardens are really special and his home is so interesting to walk around.

Wish we lived in Florida so we could cruise so easily and get to Platinum so quickly - we have 3 cruises to go to get to platinum and that will make 85 nights on board whereas you reached your goal by having been able to take lots of cruises of shorter durations.

Our cruises need more planning and expense just to get to them as you are finding out now with coming to Europe. Hope your journeys and holidays work out and see you on the ship!

Have a great weekend!

:welcome:

Hello Everybody

Well, we went mad yesterday and got so fed up with waiting for Disney to release the rest of it's 2015 cruises that we went ahead and booked for this Med Cruise!

Mad because we are already booked on the WBTA from Barcelona in Sept followed by the first cruise out of Puerto Rico making it a B2B (our first) but not our first Disney cruise - This one will be our 8th so by the end of the year we will at last reach Castaway Platinum and have done over 85 nights at sea!!!!

We live in Yorkshire, UK and you may have guessed by being able to cruise so much this year that we are both retired!.

our names are Sue and Richard.
Second sitting for dinner

Are you having a group meet anywhere on the ship? I know it's a busy cruise with on 2 sea days so maybe there won't be time during the day but maybe one evening?

Look forward to getting to know you all

:welcome:

I updated the Roll Call. Please let me know if you're missing, the information isn't correct, or you are no longer sailing with us since PIF has passed.

ROLL CALL

DisName.....................................First Names...............Kids Ages & Genders
bigAWL & 3PrincessMommy.........................Aaron & Joann................12, 10, 7 (3DDs)
Ltl Mermaid.....................................Honeymooners
Johnny Quest, Poison Ivy & Ironman..............Jim, Christine...............Mark
1stDisneyCruiseForUs............................Steph & Brian................Tyler(10), Alex (7), and Andy (7)
StJohnFamily....................................Pam & Shayne.................DD12
cwbagne.........................................Matt & Carianne..............Grant (DS18), Paige (DD15)
lgbroq..........................................Lysa & Luis..................DD8, DS5
Tink2182014.....................................Honeymooners
Griffith6.......................................DW & DH......................DD13, DD11, DD9, DS7
2003Eeyore......................................Patti........................DD10
KandiB47........................................DW & DH......................DS8
PrincessBestDayEver.............................Michele & Pete...............Matthew (8) and Julia (5)
Silvermist59....................................DW & DH......................DD10
BabyDiver.......................................Sue & Richard
Degrapevine.....................................Rose & David
Sunmoon620......................................Stacey & Sonny...............DD19, DD17, DD12
RosiePA.........................................Jeff & Rosie
Allyse..........................................Deanne & Larry...............DD16
Burma.......................................................................DD10 & DD12
Mehaul......................................................................DD10 & DD13
Ame.........................................................................DD10 & DD12
MootBoss
Magical Dreams..................................Mario & Kristi
Jonassa.........................................Jonas & Steinar
DPuck1998.......................................DH & DW......................DS15 & 13, DD9
SimivalleySarah.................................Sarah, Scott, DM & DD........DS18, DD14, DD5
AinW............................................Alice........................DD13
Time for Travel&&&&&&&&&.&&&&..&&&&&&&&&&&.&....Carol&&&&&&&&..&&&&&...&.....DD8
TreyFamily4
nicis……………………………………………..……………….…...……………………………..Nic, Mark, & Papa……...……………….Alex (16) & Kate (8)
saamh………...……………………..………….……………………..…………………………….DW & DH…………………..…...………..……..DD9 & DD6

Please add the Rivera Family (3) to the roll call with DD Lexi (2 years old). We've done the Disney Mediterranean cruise in 2010, so most of the ports are the same as the upcoming cruise. However, this time, we will have our DD with us. Anyone out there traveling with toddlers?

Have been looking at this cruise now since last Sept while aboard the Wonder in Alaska. Finally broke down and booked today! So excited and so broke now! :)

Is there a fish extender group we can join? We are mom, dad, and 5 yr old boy.

Also, we have to stay a night before in Barcelona and night after in Venice due to flights. I am holding a couple options, but was curious where others are staying and what recommendations you may have.

Thanks!

Here's the original post from the FE coordinator:

There is a cap of 20 staterooms to make the group manageable in size (not too expensive, not too much to bring, and so on).

Please do not hesitate to either
- DM me your details here :-)
- post your details on this thread
- e-mail me your details - jonasaa99@yahoo.no
- write them in the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/562707577080921/

What I need from you is:

Stateroom - Name(s) - Age(s) - Comment(s) - Dietary needs (allergies, etc.)

Silvermist59:

Thanks for replying. Please add us to the FE list.

We are in cabin 6134. It is Garry, Heidi, and our son Justin, who is 5. No food allergies. Just tried to join Fbook page, do I need to be added by someone to join it? Thanks!

You may want to email Jonas directly. I think the FE is nearing the 20 cabin cap.

I'm sure the administrator for the FB page will add you soon if you put in a request.

Hi!

Added you to the FE group now. :-) You are party # 16! Welcome, I hope you have a wonderful cruise! :-)

Jonas

Silvermist59:

Thanks for replying. Please add us to the FE list.

We are in cabin 6134. It is Garry, Heidi, and our son Justin, who is 5. No food allergies. Just tried to join Fbook page, do I need to be added by someone to join it? Thanks!

Hi all,

We are DVC members and this will be our 2nd DCL. My DH, Kevin and I will be celebrating our 30th anniversary (I read someone is celebrating their 25th on this cruise?! We should talk.... :wizard:)

Anyway, we have had this planned since last June, so it's time to get active in this group. I was very active in our last DIS/FE/FB group when we sailed on the Fantasy in Dec. 2012. We met some wonderful people, and still are in contact via FB with a dozen or so of them. Actually, our son went to Aulani with one of the families (and even though they live in Denver, they come visit anytime they come to the Midwest). I don't see anyone from the Fantasy cruise that are also on this trip so far, but that just means we get to make some new friends!

Will there be a meet-n-greet? Pink Champagne ladies meet?

We would love to be #17 of the FE group, and be added to the roll call. Because this is a public page, I will not be putting our last names here or our town. But we will be flying out of O'Hare airport :rolleyes1

I have requested to be invited into the FB page, so I will wait for that to come through...

Here's our info for the FE:
Kevin and Linda
Cabin #6584
Celebrating 30th anniversary
No dietary issues, enjoys red wines

Looking foward to meeting everyone and I am getting so excited!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter