June 14, 2011 - Father's Day on the Wonder in ALASKA!

For those who did online check in: is there only one sheet that was to be printed and brought with you to the port?? i have only one, even though there are two of us in the cabin and on the reservation. Should i go back on the site and check again? This is the first time we have checked in online and i'm so afraid i'll miss something real important. :scared1:

take care -

Hi. I have one form printed out (it's 1 1/2 pages long, titled "Online Check-in Signature Form) and all the adults in our cabin are supposed to sign it (has to do with charging to the room). On our last cruise, we had just one form as well and we didn't have any problems. Hope this helps! :goodvibes

We're here too! 4 more days of school for the kids. 9 more days of work for the parents and we're outta here. I've been trying to talk my mom into underpacking for the first time in her life. She LOVES t-shirts/sweatshirts from places she goes so I told her to just pack 1 of each and wear the new Disney Wonder/Canada/Alaska gear she's going to buy for the rest of the week! She likes a new clean fresh pair of jeans every day too AND she likes to iron them. I did not inheirit those traits fortunately.

Thanks for the help with the online form. it is one page and has a signature line for me and DH. so i guess we are good to go.

i sure do like the new cruise document book with all the information in one place. really convenient. maybe i won't feel the need to bring all the sheets with all the information on them with me:rotfl: Even though I've never needed them :confused3 :lmao::lmao:

Hi Everyone,

It has been extremely busy here. DH and I bought a home last Thursday :cool1: and have been slowing moving things in. We have been living apart since August (he is in FL and I'm in IL) so we are finally getting ready for the big move of our furniture and more importantly, him, this summer.

We're both teachers and both teach until June 10th and leave June 11 so no rest for us.

I'm flying to FL this Friday to help DH pack for the cruise and pack up some of the house. I probably won't pack myself until the week of the cruise when I have a better idea about the weather.

Super excited! Only 20 more days until the cruise! (17 until Vancouver!) I kept telling myself that to help me get through the last weeks of school. Boy, do kids go bonkers when it is almost break!:jumping3:

Oldest daughter is graduating from 8th grade tomorrow (I know, pretty funny that we have a ceremony celebrating this!). Hubby is cramming in as much golf as he can this weekend; I'm finishing up an accreditation report for my college this weekend so I can go on vacation!

We are leaving on the 8th--heading up to Victoria Island for three days, Vancouver for 2 and then the Wonder! Yea!

FE stuff is packed, my formal dining room is the staging room for the trip. Each person has a pile of clothes! Just finalizing the little things--binoculars, pop-up hamper, over-the-door shoe rack and bug spray!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Hope to see y'all in Canada! We arrive late afternoon and spend the nite at Fairmont--Pacific Rim. Lookin forward to relaxing b4 we board the Wonder early next day. I'm ready. We have just placed on our house on market; so we have been too busy to get excited. But we are about ready for our new home (down-sizing) for us. Stayin in Lubbock, TX. Great place to live and work!!
Lookin forward to meeting u all on the Wonder!!

Just checking in as well from San Jose, CA where we are still disappointed our Sharks lost to the Vancouver Canucks in hockey.

We also have an 8th grader graduating (I think that makes us #4 from this group!).

See you all soon!

Irishbear

...now is a good time to remind EVERYONE on the thread that you are cordially invited to the DisMeet, on Day 1 (Boarding Day)--Tuesday--at 3:00 PM in the Promenade Lounge.

We should have almost the full hour to gather before the muster drill at 4PM. Since we are no longer required to wear our life vests to the drills (from all that I have read), that should give us a few extra minutes to socialize.

It will be nice to finally put some faces to names!

Also, for those of you who are educators, please feel free to pass your "pearls of wisdom" on to my son, Matthew...who will be beginning his studies at the University of Cincinnati in the fall. He is majoring in Secondary Education with a focus on history. Yep...he's gonna be a high school history teacher!!! :cool1:

17 days left...trip is approaching FAST!

--Drew

P.S. We are arriving the day before as well...and will be staying at the Fairmont Waterfront.

...now is a good time to remind EVERYONE on the thread that you are cordially invited to the DisMeet, on Day 1 (Boarding Day)--Tuesday--at 3:00 PM in the Promenade Lounge.

We should have almost the full hour to gather before the muster drill at 4PM. Since we are no longer required to wear our life vests to the drills (from all that I have read), that should give us a few extra minutes to socialize.

It will be nice to finally put some faces to names!

Also, for those of you who are educators, please feel free to pass your "pearls of wisdom" on to my son, Matthew...who will be beginning his studies at the University of Cincinnati in the fall. He is majoring in Secondary Education with a focus on history. Yep...he's gonna be a high school history teacher!!! :cool1:

17 days left...trip is approaching FAST!

--Drew

P.S. We are arriving the day before as well...and will be staying at the Fairmont Waterfront.

Hi, Thanx for all ur efforts to get this group together! Lookin forward to being meeting everyone. This should be great fun.:rotfl::goodvibes

two weeks and one hour and we'll be jetting towards the west coast :banana::banana:

checked the temps today and this is current for 2:00cst
Vancouver 48; Skagway 48; Juneau 52; and Ketchikan 52

Sure beats the 92 right now in La.

Take care

Drew: wisdom for Matthew - take naps, eat snacks, make new friends, share, take time for play, hold hands and stick together, and don't hit anyone {can you tell I'm a preschool person :yay:}

Please share the address for the cupcake store-my daughter loves the cupcake shows!! I'm leaving next week for a warm weather cruise and haven't packed for that either-we have two birthdays, our anniversary, and our first high school graduation! We're shopping for jeans the week before the cruise(hopefully they will stop growing for at least a week). If we can't find long sleeved shirts-we'll just layer. I'm sure the ports will have something ! :goodvibes

The closest one is on Thurlow just before the corner of Thurlow and Robson - here's their website. I emailed them to ask which was the nearest location to Canada Place. It looks to be a 15 minute walk from the Fairmont Pacific Place. There's a McD's on the way and a Starbucks just beyond.

I'm doing the end of school year closet purge today so I'll know what the boys will need pants-wise for the trip.

Hi everyone. I know some of you are stayiing at the Fairmont Pacific Rim (or nearby) so if you're out and about by the Fairmont Pacific Rim on Sunday, June 12th, come on by for a pre-cruise meet and greet - I'll be hanging out in the lobby with my son(s) and maybe even DH if he's not prefering to enjoy the peace and quiet of the room while I have the boys with me :) So come on by and let's get acquainted, share Vancouver tips and experiences, and count down the hours til we board the Wonder!

If you think you can come by, please let me know either here or by PM so I'll know to expect you. We'll hang out for about an hour or so.

Ok, now to catch up with the posts! Were there others who were wanting to participate in the FE that didn't make the final FE list? We'll have some extras and would love to drop off something in your FE... did someone compile the list of those? If so, can you PM it to me?

We are heading into finals week for school - thankfully both boys have done well so no cramming for exams this weekend. Instead, I'm beginning the packing list and hoping to not overpack. Can't wait til next weekend when we can get a look at the 10-day forecast for Vancouver.

I printed out our cruise contract signed form but can't find where I put it. Gotta get it this week (I can always reprint it and re-sign it). I have the rest of the cruise documents and hotel / travel info ready. We'll check in for our flight the day before, and I'm hoping that for the return flight, DCL can help us with that - anyone know?

I still need to stop the mail, call the credit card companies and bank, and alert the neighbor who will be watching the house. I'm winding things down at work so that I won't have to work late the last night - I hate that!

I have a couple of friends from another Disney travel related email group I am on that will be sailing with us - is it ok if I tell them to come on by the DISBoards meet on Tuesday? There's also a couple who are traveling with us who never did get online - I'm going to have them come with us to meet everyone, too. I just find that getting acquainted with fellow passengers - whether I've "known" them for months like on a meet thread or just meet them randomly onboard - makes the journey even more magical (or in this case, Wonderful!).

I was ironing DS13's tux to put in his closet til next year's band concerts and had a brief moment of thinking I should pack it for him - but we aren't doing formal night... I think if it were just me and him traveling, he'd do it for me.

Someone asked about Father's Day onboard- I know they had special things for Mother's Day, so I hope they have them for Father's Day as well. And I just realized that we'll be sailing for Father's Day next summer, too! Nice thing about Father's Day this year is that we don't get into port until mid-day so no early morning rush out the door - DH can sleep in and enjoy. I did have the boys go ahead and get a Father's Day card to bring with us! And DS14's birthday is on Thursday while we're on board so I have to plan for that as well.

We're going to see POTC4 on Monday but only in 2D as we figure we can see it again in 3D on board. Several other movies are supposed to be showing according to our TA who checked with DCL (always subject to change). I hate that we'll miss the premier of Cars 2 by just a few days. Of course I can't remember all the movies she said, but Tangled, Secretariat, I Am 4, You Again, POTC4 were some of them. African Cats, too.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon! Is anyone bringing name tags for the Meet and Greet? If not, I'll see if I can scrounge some up to bring.

Hey Cindy, Tom and I will plan to meet and greet with you at the Pacific Rim on Sunday evening. I think we had already made those arrangements, but here is another confirmation. :rotfl::rotfl:

I'll make sure Tom has at least one piece of LSU clothing on, so you'll know it is us.:)

Packed!! This weekend was the only weekend I had left. Next weekend is our 17th anniversary. I know I over packed. I packed clothes and shoes that have seen better days and I am throwing them away before we come home. You will recognize us on the trip because we will be the ones in old clothes. My daughter's jeans will be high waters. Ha ha.

We will be at the Pacific Rim on the 13th. I heard it is fabulous. Can't wait. Anyone doing kayak in Juneau or dog musher summer camp? What about misty fjord float plan? I hope I packed correctly for these.

Drew's son, before my husband was a principal he had a history in secondary Ed. Make sure you have something like middle school English or science to go with it. Unless you coach it is hard to get high school history job. My husband had trouble with s studies, but hired immediately for middle science.

See everyone soon.:yay:

For those who are coming in on the 13th or can't make it on the 12th to the pre-cruise meet at the Fairmont Pacific Rim, I feel fairly certain that we'll be hanging out in the lobby on the evening of the 13th as well - too excited to be in the room (especially as we'll soon be cramped into a cabin!) So look for us in the lobby on the evening of the 13th as well - probably 7:30ish.

Sorry I haven't been checking in more.

I never knew 8th grade graduation would be so exhausting. Liam had confirmation 2 weeks b4, so we did a combined party then. Graduation week was insane--something everynight (school nights for me). I worked the 8th grade dance after a full day of school (on the go for 17 hours straight), slept a few hours, taught the last day of school (finals next week), showered & went to the actual graduation. Afterwards I had to shuttle Liam around 2 parties so he wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings & spend time at both.

I finally slept on Saturday 9 hours, got up for a couple hours, & went back to sleep for another 2 hours.

Reading everyone's posts, I think we all deserve & need this vacation. I can't wait to finally be on the boat. We have to go to CA for 80th bday & to hang w/ relatives from Ireland (Friday-Tuesday). We'll have 3 days after that to do the final packing.

Cindy D. We finally went shopping yesterday & a little more today for pants/shorts since my boys seemed to be growing nonstop too!

Heaven sakes! we are only 2 weeks out :scared1: I haven't started packing and we're still working on our FE's...how does everyone do it? My DD13 made our FE from the instructions on the board, she's amazing as she's never sewn more than a pillow. My DS15 and DD13 are sewing our FE gifts, wish the step DD15 and DS12 were here to help but they don't fly in from Nevada until the 10th so I only have 2 helping. The packing is my biggest challenge with the weather, guess we'll have to shop if we miss something :confused3 I can't wait to meet everyone (but I do hope the days slow down a bit), we arrive YVR at 6am on the 14th, pray for no delays. As we say in Hawaii... a hui hou! (until we meet again) :hippie:

Has anyone heard what the Castaway Club gift for returning cruisers is on the cruises to Alaska?

I am trying to figure out what type of bag to bring to DH to carry the rain jackets and any additional items we may need when we leave the ship. if the CC gift has something we can use, then that is one less thing to pack.

Got the FE's finished today - :lovestruc:lovestruc

An excited to meet one and all :dance3::dance3:

Well, I made it back from my son's senior cruise on the Carnival Conquest. I'm still in shock-it definitely was not a Disney cruise!!! I ended up having to take care of the parents as well as the graduates!! I have to admit the service was pretty nice-not quite Disney, but better than RCCL. However, the food was just slightly better than airplane food...enough said! Anyway, I will have to pretty much start packing from scratch-how cool has it been on the boat-jeans and sweaters or can the kids get by with shorts and a sweatshirt? So, looking forward to a safe and familiar Disney Cruise:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter