June 14, 2011 - Father's Day on the Wonder in ALASKA!

Hi all!

The FINAL draft of the FE list will be e-mailed tonight (Monday, 5/16/11). Please be on the lookout for it and advise if you did not receive.

Also, a reminder that the official "DisMeet" will be at 3:00 PM on Tuesday, 6/14/11 in the Promenade Lounge on Deck 3. We hope that everyone will be there (whether you are participating in the FE or not)! :thumbsup2

Thanks again for everyone's assistance in providing the information to me!

--Drew

Hi, just to let u know I think my Spam deleted the list u sent out last night. I
have re-set the Spam mode so I can get it. Sorry I goofed and didn't get it!
U sure have put alot of effort into this. Appreciate U.:cool1:

Hi Drew,

I didn't get last night's e-mail either. Would you mind resending?

Thanks,

Hi Drew,

I didn't get last night's e-mail either. Would you mind resending?

Thanks,

Tina, I resent to your "yahoo" address after receiving a rejection from your other e-mail address. Please confirm receipt. --Drew

Hi, just to let u know I think my Spam deleted the list u sent out last night. I
have re-set the Spam mode so I can get it. Sorry I goofed and didn't get it!
U sure have put alot of effort into this. Appreciate U.:cool1:

Lois, I resent the final version. --Drew

Tina, I resent to your "yahoo" address after receiving a rejection from your other e-mail address. Please confirm receipt. --Drew

Sorry, Drew. It's not showing up in my Yahoo account either. I even checked the Spam and Trash folders. Hmm...I'll PM you with the gmail address...maybe that one will work.

Sorry, Drew. It's not showing up in my Yahoo account either. I even checked the Spam and Trash folders. Hmm...I'll PM you with the gmail address...maybe that one will work.

Okay, I have resent to the "gmail" address. :confused3

Thanks,
Drew

Hi Everyone,

Can you believe the cruise is only 28 days away?! I can't believe how soon it is! Believe me there are SO many things going on that it is going to be here before we know it.

DH and I are actually buying a home on Thursday :yay: and it has been extremely time consuming. Once it is over, I know it will be completely worth it.

Thank you so much Drew for the FE list! We appreciate all the effort you put into this!!!:worship:

Has anyone been on a cruise over Father's Day? I know someone asked this question on the main board today and they said there might be some type of drink special. Just wanted to see if anyone had ever been on one during this time. We went on a 4th of July cruise and Thanksgiving cruise and they did do special things for both of those.

Still completely confused about packing. I haven't figured out yet whether or not to bring shorts/capris. I guess that will be a last minute weather decision.

SOOOOO excited!!!! :banana:

Hi Everyone,

Can you believe the cruise is only 28 days away?! I can't believe how soon it is! Believe me there are SO many things going on that it is going to be here before we know it.

DH and I are actually buying a home on Thursday :yay: and it has been extremely time consuming. Once it is over, I know it will be completely worth it.

Thank you so much Drew for the FE list! We appreciate all the effort you put into this!!!:worship:

Has anyone been on a cruise over Father's Day? I know someone asked this question on the main board today and they said there might be some type of drink special. Just wanted to see if anyone had ever been on one during this time. We went on a 4th of July cruise and Thanksgiving cruise and they did do special things for both of those.

Still completely confused about packing. I haven't figured out yet whether or not to bring shorts/capris. I guess that will be a last minute weather decision.

Hi, I understand from a friend who went last year, that the weather could be anywhere from 55 to 75 degrees. They sd we should be prepared for even a rainy day. I say no rain and about 75 degrees. But what do I know. I'm like u just excited to be going.:yay:

Hi Everyone,

Hi, Stephanie. You're more than welcome...it's been a fun challenge gathering all of the information, and I'm glad that it has helped! :thumbsup2

As for Father's Day, we have sailed DCL every Father's Day since 2005. It's my son's "present" to me...although we know who pays for it! :rotfl2: But, in all honesty, I don't drink much, even on the cruise...so I didn't recall a drink special. I went back to previous years' Navigators. 2008: Bahama Mama; 2009: Golden Start; and 2010, Stingray.

As for "special things", the Navigator recognizes Father's Day, the towel animal has usually been a tuxedo jacket, and the chocolates have had "Happy Father's Day" on them. For me, however...it's the priceless time with my son. Okay, you can all gush now... :lmao:

--Drew

Is anyone alive out there? Haven't seen any recent posts. We are getting so excited. Only one more week of school! I just packed my checked bag full of FE gifts. Too bad Canada isn't free for checked bags. See everyone in 19 days.:cool1:

We are excite too. Kids have exams tommorow and Thursday. 8th grade graduation Thursday night. Then our niece gets married this weekend. Then let the packing begin.

We're here and we're all excited, too. :goodvibes We have 2 more weeks until the end of school and 8th grade graduation!

We're still around. My son graduated college last week. My older son and his wife were in Washington, DC 0n a house hunting trip (they're getting transferred to DC from Houston) and came up for the graduation. We went to DC this weekend to see some places they are considering. They went back to Houston on Monday. My daughter and her boyfriend are flying up from Florida tomorrow for the Memorial Day weekend and and a barbecue to celebrate the graduation. After this weekend I can finally concentrate on the cruise.

We are so excited.

Packing is almost done. All the FE gifts are done and packed. My new camera and lenses have arrived. My son graduates High School on the 10th the day before we leave for Victoria.

Larry

Alive in Cincinnati...been dodging tornadoes and whatnot. Not as bad as Joplin, MO or last night's beast in OKC, but we've had our fair share of violent weather.

Also been busy with end-of-year stuff. Last night was Matthew's Spring Chamber Choir concert, as well as his (first ever) solo for Senior Night. True to Disney form, he sang "Proud of Your Boy" by Alan Menken. I couldn't be prouder of his performance! :woohoo:

His last day in high school is Friday, with Baccalaureate and Graduation coming up 6/2 and 6/5 respectively. I don't know whether to :lmao: or :sad:.

At least after that, it's PACKING TIME!!!

--Drew

We're still here, too. I took our DD on her first camping trip last weekend. It was also her first trip to the beach. Now I think I can finally concentrate on getting ready for the cruise. This weekend we'll be digging out the suitcases and doing our last minute shopping. We fly out on the 11th, so we're down to 16 days, 21 hours and 52 minutes. Can't wait!!! See you soon!

Hi all: we are still here - at least I am. DH is working and will return home on June 5 and then the real fun begins :cool1::cool1: packing, finishing the FE's, making sure we have all the things we need, like passports. For some reason, i keep thinking i'll forget to bring it :confused3

For all who have graduating children: congratulations to them and to you :banana::banana:

For those who did online check in: is there only one sheet that was to be printed and brought with you to the port?? i have only one, even though there are two of us in the cabin and on the reservation. Should i go back on the site and check again? This is the first time we have checked in online and i'm so afraid i'll miss something real important. :scared1:

take care -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter