June 14, 2011 - Father's Day on the Wonder in ALASKA!

We also decided to just do Ketchikan on our own. We didn't order anything to look at though. Does it seem like you can occupy yourself there for an entire day?

Well, remember, we'll be in Ketchikan for the afternoon / early evening - we arrive noonish and depart 7:30ish, so we'll have 6-7 hours in the area. They have a downtown shuttle bus that runs from the cruise ships to the downtown area including Creek Street which is one of their touristy areas. There is the Great Alaskan Lumberjack show which DCL includes as part of nearly all of their Ketchikan excursions. It looks like a great area for just wandering through the shops, etc. They can have up to four ships in at a time - not sure how many are there the day we'll be there - which will be Father's Day, btw.

Cindy,

Our AAA agent got an email from Disney about a month ago and it had our flight info including numbers and seating.

We are arriving at Pacific Rim on the 12th sometime after lunch. I saw pictures of the new tween club the edge that was redone on the Wonder. Looks great. I saw the info on one of the disboards .

Andrea

I asked our TA to call and she said the DCL CM said "she must've been reading the DIS" ... but our flight info won't be available til 45 days before we fly - so that's another 10 days or so for us before we'll find out.

Cindy D = my hubby and i will be at the Pacific Rim also beginning on
June 11. We don't arrive until late - 8:00 or 9:00pm I think. But a 'meet and greet' on Sunday, June 12 would be good.

I got info from DCL that because the Pacific Rim is so close to the dock that they are not going to provide transportation :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: We can just walk. They will pick up our luggage. So they are refunding us some of the money we paid for ground transfers. :banana: They sent another confirmation by email and I got a notice in the mail.

Need to start deciding on my fe's. I've been shopping for layers to wear. :rotfl2: so for, so good ;)

Later,
Janie

Janie - that sounds great - let's plan for sunday, June 12th, 8 p.m. in the lobby of the hotel. Anyone else staying there, feel free to join us!

That's great news about the refund from DCL - our TA told us we'd gotten one, too, but she thought it was for port taxes changing. Weird. I'll ask her again in case it's both!

Cindy,

That is funny. I am looking at the email with a date of march 16th when I got the information. It has the DC agents name and email server address. I wonder why they aren't giving it too you. I haven't heard about any refund on ground transfers since we also are the pacific rim. I put the wrong date. We are arriving at the hotel on the 13th. What time are you going to go to the terminal that morning since we aren't being picked up? We don't want to go when it is busy.

Drew,

Thanks for all of the time spent on FE!!

Andrea:teacher:

Cindy,

That is funny. I am looking at the email with a date of march 16th when I got the information. It has the DC agents name and email server address. I wonder why they aren't giving it too you. I haven't heard about any refund on ground transfers since we also are the pacific rim. I put the wrong date. We are arriving at the hotel on the 13th. What time are you going to go to the terminal that morning since we aren't being picked up? We don't want to go when it is busy.

Drew,

Thanks for all of the time spent on FE!!

Andrea:teacher:

We're arriving on the 13th as well, staying right next door in the Fairmont Waterfront. We put our "arrival time" on the online check-in at 9:30 a.m., so as to be as early in the boarding process as possible. :thumbsup2

And re: FE, you're more than welcome! ;)
--Drew

To all who have voiced their gratitude (either in e-mail or in the thread) for the FE organization...you are more than welcome! It is actually a little fun, gathering the information.

Back in '09, someone (I think it was DVCMary) had maps with the staterooms laid out (to make the deliveries quick and easy). Mary, was that you? That'd sure be nice to have again (wink wink). ;) :lmao:

Okay, back to the FE: Bambi & Thumber, paging Bambi & Thumber: please check in with the FE organizer at your earliest convenience! :goodvibes

--Drew

Hey Gang!

Sorry to be MIA, but with three kids in school and all of the other things from soccer to ballet, we have been really jumping and have not had the chance to log in recently. I have gotten in our cabin info on the FE list and we have some really cute items for everyone. Can't wait to meet everyone. Boy, it is almost time to start packing!

Disney visa is doing triple points until July 15th on gas and food. You must call and register to be eligible. You have to spend over 700 to qualify.

Hey Gang!

Sorry to be MIA, but with three kids in school and all of the other things from soccer to ballet, we have been really jumping and have not had the chance to log in recently. I have gotten in our cabin info on the FE list and we have some really cute items for everyone. Can't wait to meet everyone. Boy, it is almost time to start packing!

Good to hear from you...and thanks, received the FE info!

To all, please note the slight change to their screen name on your spreadsheet ("Thumper & Bambi" vs. "Bambi & Thumber"). At this point, all that is missing is the cabin assignment(s) for SteffyLou...which I imagine should be in within the next 9-10 days at latest. I'll then send out a final spreadsheet to all participants with the updated info.

--Drew

Seriously!? We have the only 2 rooms unassigned?! That is beyond annoying. It is still saying out cruise is sold out btw. It has said that for about 3 days now.

Can you give me info on the extenders? We have seen them but have no idea where to get them or how to make them?

Can you give me info on the extenders? We have seen them but have no idea where to get them or how to make them?

Greg...there are a couple of threads in the general DisBoards column on how to make them. We found Mickey Mouse fabric, and then ironed on "no-stitch" glue for the pockets. Should you wish to purchase, there is a lady who makes them and sells on eBay. A few people in past exchanges have purchased them from her, and been very satisfied. Hope that helps!

Happy Easter! :littleangel:

Still waiting on room assignments!

We are now at the 50 day mark! I think what is really exciting too is that we will have so much more information in about 2 weeks when the first official cruise goes and comes back.

I bought my FE on Ebay. The woman who makes them does a really nice job. I would recommend her if you don't sew (ha ha me sewing! I don't even cook! :lmao: )

Anyone starting to worry about packing? I am so confused on pants/shorts/capris/dressed. I need to fit everything into 1 suitcase because there is no way I'm spending $120 on bags roundtrip. I honestly would have thought flying into Canada would give us 1 free bag, since it is "international."

Greg...there are a couple of threads in the general DisBoards column on how to make them. We found Mickey Mouse fabric, and then ironed on "no-stitch" glue for the pockets. Should you wish to purchase, there is a lady who makes them and sells on eBay. A few people in past exchanges have purchased them from her, and been very satisfied. Hope that helps!

I have also found FEs on etsy.com though they are more expensive then those on e-bay.

Happy Easter! :littleangel:

Anyone starting to worry about packing? I am so confused on pants/shorts/capris/dressed. I need to fit everything into 1 suitcase because there is no way I'm spending $120 on bags roundtrip. I honestly would have thought flying into Canada would give us 1 free bag, since it is "international."

I am committed to no more than 2 bags for the 2 of us and be well under 50 pounds per bag so we can bring home stuff with no problems, even if it means doing laundry (or splurging and sending it out).

The last 2 cruises I really over packed. This time, I am going under the premise that it (1) will not be that warm so don't need a lot of shorts or swim wear, (2) it is going to end up being pretty casual the 3 days we're in port and (3) you don't really need dressy items for dinner except on formal night so can do a couple of pairs of nice slacks and different tops rather than taking a dress for every evening (not that I have one any ways!).

It will be interesting to ask the first cruisers how it goes though it should even be colder in May.

[
QUOTE=SteffyLou;40854767]Happy Easter! :littleangel:

Anyone starting to worry about packing? I am so confused on pants/shorts/capris/dressed.

Happy Resurrection Day!

I'm with steffylou on this, what the heck do we pack? what are the average lo's and highs? acclimated to hawaii weather, 60 is cold.. anyone been in june to give me an idea? :confused3

[

Happy Resurrection Day!

I'm with steffylou on this, what the heck do we pack? what are the average lo's and highs? acclimated to hawaii weather, 60 is cold.. anyone been in june to give me an idea? :confused3

I sailed with my mother on the same itinerary in August, 2006 on Holland America. I can't remember which city had which temperature range...but one (I think it was Skagway) had a high in the 50's with lows in the lower 40's. The southernmost (Ketchikan) had high's almost hit 70, with lows in the lower 50's.

They say the Pacific Ocean jet stream hits the continent, and then curls both north and south...which means that temps in Ketchikan often mirror those in San Francisco.

Dunno how much that helps...but we've been told to "dress in layers"...which is what I'm going to do. A jacket, a fleece pullover, and a shirt for those colder stops...and I can adjust as needed.

Finally, I'm with you. I have no qualms about spending $10 and a couple of hours in the Wonder's laundry room, if it means saving another $60 on bags.

--Drew

I'm with everyone else about the "what to pack" dilemma:lmao::lmao:
Maybe when the first group gets back, there will be more information.

I did find a couple of long sleeve t-shirts in summer prints and figure I can layer with jackets, etc. Maybe I'll just wear the same two shirts all week since they will probably be covered by a jacket - no one with know :rotfl::rotfl:

I was talking with someone at Easter dinner yesterday and they had gone on a similar cruise in July and he said it was really cold.

I'm still fretting about the capri vs long pants thing. Was told I would be wanting long pants the whole time.

Oh, what to do :confused3:confused3???

Guess I better be getting back to work - lunch time is over :sad2:

Back in '09, someone (I think it was DVCMary) had maps with the staterooms laid out (to make the deliveries quick and easy). Mary, was that you? That'd sure be nice to have again (wink wink). ;) :lmao:

--Drew

I'm so low tech, I think all I did was print out each deck that had FE people & highlighted w/ arrows. Liam & one of his friends he met from our DIS group did most of the delivering. They had a blast. I'll see if I can get higher tech this time, but no promises. I tend to be a computer user & abuser. :headache:

Thanks again Drew!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter