June 14, 2009 WONDER-ful cruise

We are from Louisville, Kentucky. The Derby is over, so it's time for summer and our first Disney cruise.:yay:

We have finished making our fish extender and it is hanging in our kitchen! So far, there are no goodies in the pockets. Oh, well.

Happy Mother's Day everyone!:flower3:

Well, right now we're in Arlington, TX but the week before the cruise we are moving to Cocoa, FL...only 15 minutes from the port :cool1:

We were actually down there this weekend dropping off one of our cars (and all the stuff we manged to pack inside it) and got to see the Magic leaving on Sat afternoon. We knew the ships were big, but WOW...being that close to it just made it so real for us...we just sat there looking at it and kept saying one more month. Really wish I was there today (Sunday) so that I could have seen all the Dis'ers on the podcast cruise leaving

We (my family and BashfulTN) are also going to watch the Magic pull out Sat (the 13th) at Jetty Park if anyone else is in the area and wants to join us we can have a little pre-cruise meet.

We would love to meet to see the Disney Cruise leave the day before. We will try to get there in time for the big event. We are about 1/2 finished with the Fish Extender. We are staying right there at Port Canaveral the night before.

Pughugs :thumbsup2

Just picked up a copy of the Passporter and have been starting to organize our schedules and put together our lists.

I'm also reading the Passporter and trying to get all my lists together. Let's see, so far I have a to-do list, a pre-cruise shopping list, and of a packing list. I love making lists so the number is likely to increase before we leave.

We have finished making our fish extender and it is hanging in our kitchen! So far, there are no goodies in the pockets. Oh, well.

Care to post a picture? I'm going to try to get ours done this week.

We (my family and BashfulTN) are also going to watch the Magic pull out Sat (the 13th) at Jetty Park if anyone else is in the area and wants to join us we can have a little pre-cruise meet.

What a great idea!

It hit me this weekend that we leave in just over a month and there is so much to do! When I first posted on this thread it seemed so far away, but now it is coming up fast!

Hello all!

My family already has the countdown started ... 33 days! We are from Pittsburgh, PA. We are flying in the day before the cruise, but the flights Disney gave us are late, and we won't be arriving at the Orlando airport until close to 10 p.m.

I'd love to join the fish extender group, but my son is 13 and I don't think he will enjoy it as much as the younger ones will.

Is anyone planning a time/place for us all to meet on the ship?

Deb

This is our Cars fish extender. Our kids are big fans, so we thought it was a good theme. The design is my idea, but the actual sewing talent is my Aunt Olene's. Without her help, we would still just have a yard of fabric and a stick.:rotfl2:

CIMG3916.jpg

Hello fellow cruisers. I am sorry I have never posted anything on this site other than one time. I am not a savy computer person and I tend to get overwhelmed easily. With four children and a husband I don't find a whole lot a time to figure these kinda sites out. Anyway with that said I hope I can still join in on the fish extenders. My family and I have two cabins but I assume you just hang one up for the whole family. We are from Bremen, Ga located just outside of Atlanta. We have cruised a number of times and this will be our third time on the Disney Wonder. I have three boys and a girl, but she will not be joining us this time. My boys ages are 13, 10, and 5. Our cabin numbers are 2646 and 2648. I know everyone is getting very excited about the cruise. I look forward to hearing from some of you and hopefully meeting you on the ship as well. Take care Kelli:dance3:

Oh, I forgot to ask if anyone was booking the Atlantis Aquaventure excursion? I really want to do this but GEE did you see the price for it? And also, is everyone going all out for the pirate night? Costumes and all? pirate:

We are planning on dressing up for pirate night. Just hats, and bandannas with hair... LOL My 8 year old daughter wanted full costume, but it is sold out. What night is the Pirate party anyway? Our excurisions are the Dolphin adventure at Nassua and then the glass bottom boat at Castaway Cay. We are still working on our FE.... We look forward to meeting all of you.

Jody

We are all 4 doing full costume for Pirate Night, but my parents are just wearing t-shirts.
I just watched the Wonder sail away for today's cruise. If you go to www.twopalms.com between 5:20 and 5:30 on Sundays and Thursdays, you can see it on its way out to sea.
It is a good way to get the kids excited about the trip.

Hi!

We'll be trying our first cruise next summer. We are so excited! It will be myself, DH, and twin boys (8 by then).

Joining us will be my SIL, BIL, and their son (he will also be 8).

Let us know if you are sailing with us!

Kristie :goodvibes

I'll be right there with ya! Our second cruise and we're sooo excited! Your family is going to love this. We have DH, DD (12), DD (11) and extra special friends are traveling with us, too: DH, DW, DD (7) and DS (11).

Hey, have you received your travel docs yet? We booked land and cruise separately, through different agents (Cruise with Small World/Land with AAA). We've got our land docs but not the cruise docs.

Yeah, nearly a month to go, it's time to get this thread fired up. :cool1::cool1:.

We're from Atlanta via St. Louis. Looking forward to our first cruise. Just picked up a copy of the Passporter and have been starting to organize our schedules and put together our lists.

Can't wait to run into some of you guys on the ship.:woohoo:

Via St. Louis, huh? I live just south of there and work in St. Louis. Need me to bring any ravioli? (ha!)

We are back! OMG, what a great time we had!!!!! You all are going to love it!

If you have any questions, let me know and I will try my best to answer them.

Fish Extenders - I need your info like this:

Room#, screen name, total cruising, total kids cruising, real names and ages.

I'll start the list tomorrow! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi!

We'll be trying our first cruise next summer. We are so excited! It will be myself, DH, and twin boys (8 by then).

Joining us will be my SIL, BIL, and their son (he will also be 8).

Let us know if you are sailing with us!

Kristie :goodvibes

Here's the dilemma. Traveling with another family on a 4 day cruise and the parents (me included!) would like some adult time. This means that kids would go to kids clubs. We have:
DD age 12
DD age 11
DS age 11
DD age 7

The issue is that the 7 year old DD won't be able to join the other kids due to her age. This could be enough for her to protest going to a kids club. So, I'm trying to find someone cruising on these dates who has a 7 year old that she could maybe email a few times to get her excited about going. Possibly meet up and have an instant buddy.

Please email me so we can exchange addresses. This is my friend's DD, but I'm the one who is active on the Disboards, so I want to find some friends for her.

We are back! OMG, what a great time we had!!!!! You all are going to love it!

If you have any questions, let me know and I will try my best to answer them.

Fish Extenders - I need your info like this:

Room#, screen name, total cruising, total kids cruising, real names and ages.

I'll start the list tomorrow! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are so glad you had a great time! We can not wait!! Here is the info for our FE: Room 2077, Pughugs, There will be 4 of us, 2 Girls, Courtney 10 and Catie 8.

Thanks so much for all of your work putting together the list.

Please email me so we can exchange addresses. This is my friend's DD, but I'm the one who is active on the Disboards, so I want to find some friends for her.

I'll be traveling with my 2 DD's- 5 and 7 1/2; they'll be in the kids club :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter