• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 10th NY-Canada Cruise

Weedy: what was wrong with Deck 6 inside stateroom? Yikes:confused3I have 6601 for the 2 nighter leaving Friday 6/15.... tell me it wasn't this room with the "problem"...?

Weedy: what was wrong with Deck 6 inside stateroom? Yikes:confused3I have 6601 for the 2 nighter leaving Friday 6/15.... tell me it wasn't this room with the "problem"...?

I am curius too....we will be down the hall from you this Friday...we are in 6309....
I bet it was just something small like a leak or something they needed to fix.

We had inside on the Dream last August and it was fine....

See you on the cruise....:thumbsup2

Have a great trip ! Can you tell us if they were letting people board before their assigned times ?

I hope you are having a blast! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back! We leave in 5 short (or maybe long) weeks.

Have a great trip ! Can you tell us if they were letting people board before their assigned times ?

For the June 2nd 8-night cruise they made everyone wait in one area (inside the terminal)until 11:00. They then started the line for everyone to go through security. After security we then got in the line to check-in. The boarding number you received was based on your port arrival time you selected on-line. We had 11-11:30 arrival time and received boarding number 3. I know someone else that checked in at the same time as me (they had arrival time 11:30) and received boarding number 9.

They started the boarding of the ship right around 12:00.

For the June 2nd 8-night cruise they made everyone wait in one area (inside the terminal)until 11:00. They then started the line for everyone to go through security. After security we then got in the line to check-in. The boarding number you received was based on your port arrival time you selected on-line. We had 11-11:30 arrival time and received boarding number 3. I know someone else that checked in at the same time as me (they had arrival time 11:30) and received boarding number 9.

They started the boarding of the ship right around 12:00.

Do you know if DCL had the "no upgrades available " sign out? We are hoping to upgrade at the terminal but I'm afraid to say our online check-in time is 11:30. But I do have a little hope after reading your post about the person with an 11:30 arrival time checking int the same time as you.

Do you know if DCL had the "no upgrades available " sign out? We are hoping to upgrade at the terminal but I'm afraid to say our online check-in time is 11:30. But I do have a little hope after reading your post about the person with an 11:30 arrival time checking int the same time as you.

There were many people on our cruise that purchased upgrades. Out of the 20 rooms that were in our Fish Extender group I think 6 families upgraded.

There were many people on our cruise that purchased upgrades. Out of the 20 rooms that were in our Fish Extender group I think 6 families upgraded.

Thanks! That gives me some hope! Now I just have to make sure that we are not late getting to the terminal!

Thanks for the report. We are cruising to Canada in September. Can't wait to hear how everything went.

Linda

Gamecock Fan, I would venture to guess $50-$75 minimum (barring any crosstown traffic in NYC). You might want to see if you can arrange for a private car/van instead of a metered NYC taxi. I think it would be the cheaper way to go.

I think $50 - 75 is way high. They set JFK at $45 and everything I'm seeing suggests closer to $30 for this trip unless it is rush hour. However it may be easier to take a car service as sometimes getting a cab can be a wait at the airports.

KristiMc: Thanks for the great info about the boarding process in NYC.

How crowded was the terminal before/at 11 am for the 6/2 cruise? What time did you arrive at the terminal? Are there chairs or is it standing room only for the waiting time? My dad has a heart condition and can't stand/walk for long periods/distances.

Thanks for sharing the magic with us!

Sooooooooooooooo, how was it?! Can't wait to hear all about it! Were there fireworks on Pirate Night?! :banana:

I should have paid more attention to this thread. I lost track of the Magic's schedule. I happened to drive into the city today and coming down the West Side Highway, what surprise greeted me as I approached 56th Street? The familiar twin stacks of the Disney magic! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter