June 10th cruise report day 3

deerh

DIS Veteran
Well, day 3 has arrived. We arrive at Castaway Cay, and are one of the 1st 50 people off the ship. By the way, on our cruise, they opened the door to CC about 8:20am, just so you know. We arrived and grabbed a seat upfront next to the water. HINT-Get there early, as people hurry to get the prime chairs, and if you have little ones, you need to get those chairs, as you will have 2 or 3 sets of chairs between you and the water, and can't see the little ones swimming!
We rented 1 set of snorkel gear and shared it, had bought 2 child sets at Walmart before the trip, and that saved $. We also rented 1 blue mat. HINT-You can change between blue mat and tube as many times as you like.
As said on MANY posts, CC is the place! We had the conch coolers, swam and snorkeled. We snorkeled early, and you can really see a lot. We did this for 1 1\2 hours, and saw lots of fish! Great time. Even my 7 year old took to it well! We then swam for a while, and it was a great day, no clouds, little breeze, PERFECT!
We ate Lunch, and the ribs were good, and hamburgers were Ok.
We then took the snorkel gear back, and mats, and hit the cruise ship. We stayed till 4:30, as the whistle blew as we got on! We wore out CC! 1st off the ship, one of the last in!
We rested, shower, etc. and got ready to eat. Tonight was Parrott dinner. Had the prime rib, and it was very good. Ate key lime pie, etc. The kids went to make flubber I think that night. They went to the kids's club, and stayed until 11pm. My son came in at 12am, and was tired. Wife and I walked the ship and were tired from the sun, we called it an early night that night. Lights out for us at 11 or so.
Day 4-at sea next, stay tuned!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter