• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 10 Wonder part 4, the end

ksmom

Mouseketeer
Our day at sea started with a sit down breakfast at Triton's. It was good but I didn't see much difference between that and the Beach Blanket Buffet. There were several things I wanted to do that day but there wasn't enough time and I was tired so we just relaxed and didn't push ourselves very hard.
My oldest daughter and I went to the Culinary Demonstration by a chef from the Norway Pavillion in Epcot. He fixed Gravlaks with root vegetable slaw and mustard. Basically salmon and coleslaw. My duaghter who doesn't like fished, loved it. They passed out the recipies so we can make it at home. Afterwards he asked questions. My daughter answered one about what kind of pepper he used (white pepper) and she won a gift certificate for 2 dinners at a restaurant in Epcot. This includes appetizer, entree, dessert, drinks, tax, and tip. Worth probably about $50.00 and there is no expiration date. Yea!
Next we met the rest of the family at Disney trivia. Found out I'm not as smart as I thought but it was fun.
The girls went to family animation and learned how to draw Mickey. Of course, both of those pictures are now on our refrigerator. Meanwhile my hubby and I went to the debarkation talk.
To take a rest we went to see Spy Kids in the Buena Vista Theater. That theater does not have enough room between the rows of seats. My legs were cramped. Luckily it was a short movie.
Saw the Disney Dream show at 6:30. I really liked it but the girls said it was just ok. The whole crowd really responded postively to the show.
Dinner was at Parrot Cay with the Master Chef series. We enjoy tossed field greens and corn cakes. My youngest daughter got the shrimp and lobster roll but didn't like it at all so they brought her fruit instead. That was one of her favorite food items on the ship, it was so fresh and tasty.
Then we had the pasta, turkey, grilled pork tenderloin, and for the oldest daughter who didn't use to like fish, the mahi-mahi. Dessert was the carmalized pecan cheesecake. My husband didn't enjoy all the fancy desserts so for the last two nights he ordered chocolate ice cream and our youngest had the mickey ice cream bar.
We had packed most everything before dinner so after dinner we just finished up and got everything organized and sat it outside. It had to be outside our rooms by 11 pm. Then it was off to the dueling pianos for one last time. They played from 10:30 until almost 12:15.
Up early in the morning to finish packing our carry on luggage then off to breakfast. I was surprised at how quick they served breakfast considering how all the other sit down meals were really long, including breakfast the day before at Triton's.
Leaving the ship went very smoothly. Got our luggage and hopped right on a bus to the airport. Right after leaving the port there was some very dense smoke from the fires but then it cleared off.
Our flight was on time but overbooked, of course. So we tried to get bumped. It would put us into Wichita just 3 hours later than planned so we wanted to try to get some vouches (which we did get on the way there). They told us to wait until the plane was all boarded. It turned out they didn't need our tickets but since we volunteered and waited they put us in first class from Orlando to St. Louis. Then we switched to coach for the flight to Wichita.
Nice being home but I miss the ship and Castaway Cay.
The girls took a disposable underwater camera and used it when they went snorkeling at Castaway Cay. Thanks to Walgreens that camera is now lost and they are waiting to see if it shows up. Got the rest of the pictures but those are the ones I really wanted to see since I didn't snorkel. :mad: :mad: !
I guess we just have to go back and do it all over again. (Wishful thinking)

Thanks for telling us all about your cruise on the Wonder. It is nice to hear all about what others enjoy and to reminisce about our cruise.

Happy cruising!!

Hi ksmom!

Sounds like you had a great trip! Can you tell me a little more about the princess party? We'll be going on the 4 day Wonder in December and our then 4 yr old will be with us and her grandparents. She totally adores the princesses and did get to see all of them at WDW this past April but anytime she can see them she gets excited! Also you said Wendy and Alice were there? She would be thrilled about this also since we did'nt get to see either one of them or their autographs on our last trip. Did you see any other hard to find characters?? Thanks for your help and we can hardly wait- we have a verahanda in category 6 also!;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Princess Crazy:
The princess party was in front of Triton's. We got there about 5 minutes before it was supposed to start and there was already a long line. Characters were Cinderella, Snow White, Wendy, and Alice (I think). Hook and Shmee made an appearance during the cruise. The rest of the characters, I think, were pretty standard (Mickey, Minnie, etc.) except they're dressed in cruise clothes. We did not wait in line to see the princesses because our girls are older and they didn't really need to talk to them or get autographs.
Our verandah provided us with beautiful sights and I really miss it.
Take plenty of pictures. I just put all our pictures in a photo book today (except for the snorkeling ones that Walgreens lost). I must restrain from booking another cruise until this one is all the way paid off.
Enjoy your trip.

Thanks alot ksmom!

I can't remember after reading your report but was this on Nassau day in the morning? We've been to Nassau so many times we probably won't be leaving the ship so this would be a great thing to do on that day. Was it just your typical character signing or did they have activities if you stayed? I really hope they have this on our cruise because everything is the princesses with our daughter and I have read so many posts and trip reports in the recent past that said they did'nt have any princesses at all on their cruises.

We've been on 3 cruises before though never Disney and have never had a verandah so your report on the verandah has gotten me really excited!

Thanks so much for your report and help!!!!::p :p :p :p

ksmom,
great to read your report and re-live our cruise. I have yet to take time to sit down and write one, although you have prompted me.
Can't help be envious of you putting your pictures in the album, I think that is why I am having such a hard time writing a trip report, the loss of ALL our pictures makes me so sad.
Did you get my private message requesting copies of a few of your pictures? I would love for you to respond, my e-mail address is lmasi4@aol.com.

Thanks again for a great trip report! I agree with the part about wanting to book another cruise!
Laura

princess crazy: I think the princess party was the day at sea and it was just a typical signing. However, they seem to give a lot of attention to each child so it was special. Hope you enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter