• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 10, 2012 Dream 5-Night Double-Dip

Hi everyone--

I just read this post about a FE/DIS group that created a private Facebook page for chatter:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2749661

Should we do this? What does everyone think?

I created a private FB page for my MOPS group, and basically we would need to create a group name, then list it on this thread and people could send in a request on FB to join. We wouldn't all have to "friend" eachother on FB.

Haha, I was just coming here to ask that, I saw that post too. I think it would be a great idea! I have no idea how to set it up, though.

Keeping it private is great, since this cruise is a surprise still for our ds who is on fb as well.

Happy 4th of July weekend fellow cruisers! Hope everyone is having a good time. For once, dh and I both have all 3 days off, ds has off summer school (yep, he didn't do so well this year:confused:). The bad things I haven't had work in three weeks, since our vacation to Disney. So much for paying the cruise off early:confused3

I take care of the elderly in their homes, and my one client right now has her daughter home with her for the summer since she is a teacher. Hoping my work can find fill in work for me but so far no lock.

Anyways, I have been getting caught up on the dis cruise boards and looking forward to our cruise. Dh is pretty excited too. Disappointed to hear how crowded the pools are, hoping to get some afternoon time in the sun the pool. Hopefully it wont be too bad. I just love sitting out in the sun :cloud9: its like meditation for me.

Happy 4th of July weekend fellow cruisers! Hope everyone is having a good time. For once, dh and I both have all 3 days off, ds has off summer school (yep, he didn't do so well this year:confused:). The bad things I haven't had work in three weeks, since our vacation to Disney. So much for paying the cruise off early:confused3

I take care of the elderly in their homes, and my one client right now has her daughter home with her for the summer since she is a teacher. Hoping my work can find fill in work for me but so far no lock.

Anyways, I have been getting caught up on the dis cruise boards and looking forward to our cruise. Dh is pretty excited too. Disappointed to hear how crowded the pools are, hoping to get some afternoon time in the sun the pool. Hopefully it wont be too bad. I just love sitting out in the sun :cloud9: its like meditation for me.

I'm here! Well, we were in South Texas for the weekend visiting family. Sorry about your work, I hope it picks up!

Hi everyone--hope you had a nice 4th of July!

I set up a facebook group called "June 2012 Dreamers". I think if you type that into the search bar at the top, you can click on "request to join group". It is a closed group, meaning that people can do a search on it and see who's in it, but not see the posts unless they're in the group. I was going to make it a "secret" group, but then I think we'd already have to be FB friends to get in.

Anyways, come join if you'd like to have some fb discussion!

Don't forget, once you're in the group you can edit your settings if you want to get e-mails about posts or just see the posts in your fb newsfeed.

I set up a facebook group called "June 2012 Dreamers". I think if you type that into the search bar at the top, you can click on "request to join group". It is a closed group, meaning that people can do a search on it and see who's in it, but not see the posts unless they're in the group. I was going to make it a "secret" group, but then I think we'd already have to be FB friends to get in.

Don't forget, once you're in the group you can edit your settings if you want to get e-mails about posts or just see the posts in your fb newsfeed.

I just sent a request to join. Now that our 2011 trip is over, I'm ready to start planning for 2012!

Great idea! I sent a request to join.

OK, I must tell you that part of the thrill of a vacation for me is researching it and planning it. But right now I'm in somewhat of a planning lull for this 2012 cruise. I think I've read just about everything I can about the Dream, and Castaway Cay, and Nassau....and besides Palo/Remy at 75 days out, there are no ADRs to plan. What to do? Anyone else experiencing this? Do you check out other things on the Dis boards/or maybe are you planning another WDW vacation simulatneously?

Miss Daisy,

I think my problem is that I have two other cruises to go on before this one, DH and I decided to go on a couples only cruise in January on Princess out of San Juan. So I have been busy organizing that. Plus my parents anniversary cruise in September on Carnival is just two months away, and I am the primary planner for that! I asked my son what is favorite cruise we have been on is, he says the one that we go on when I am eight. The Disney Dream in June!

Have a good weekend all!

OK, I must tell you that part of the thrill of a vacation for me is researching it and planning it. But right now I'm in somewhat of a planning lull for this 2012 cruise. I think I've read just about everything I can about the Dream, and Castaway Cay, and Nassau....and besides Palo/Remy at 75 days out, there are no ADRs to plan. What to do? Anyone else experiencing this? Do you check out other things on the Dis boards/or maybe are you planning another WDW vacation simulatneously?

I agree, same here. I have been sick, worked a little, and finally finished unpacking from our June Disney trip. We did make our DVC room reservations for 2 days before and 2 days after the cruise. Our main thing about the cruise right now is working on paying it off.

I joined the fb group but haven't been back on there yet. Is the page private? I want to talk there, but don't want our ds to see anything about it.

I'm going to have to bow out of this group...:( We have too much going on $$ wise and are going to be going on a Compassion International trip to El Salvador right before this cruise so I had to cancel. Hope you all have a great time. I was really looking forward to this cruise. I guess we'll just have to plan one for 2013....;)

Our family is now officially re-booked to this cruise (we moved from the New Year's Eve 2011 cruise to this one). Rather large immediate family but will be a nice celebration of my oldest son's graduation from High School.

Hi All I need your help.
DH has been deployed since last October and doesn't come home until early May 2012. Looking to do a Disney cruise. My birthday is 10 June so of course this cruise is right up there on our list. But there is also that 5 day NYC Eastern Canada cruise leaving on the same day.

Kids (DS 13 at cruise time and DD 10) are leanign towards the Double Dip only because they want to do the aqua duck and be on the "new" ship. We love Castaway Cay.

But we love exploring new places and none of us have been to Eastern canada. Plus DH and I have wanted to show the kids NYC for a while.

Also I don't like being hot, but am worried we won't get any beachy pool time on the NYC cruise.

Thoughts, comments, things to ponder?

Thanks for the help

Our family is now officially re-booked to this cruise (we moved from the New Year's Eve 2011 cruise to this one). Rather large immediate family but will be a nice celebration of my oldest son's graduation from High School.

Welcome, Vanvmom! I've added you to the roll call on post #1.

If you are on Facebook, feel free to join our group called "June 2012 Dreamers". To join, type "June 2012 Dreamers" into the search bar, and then click the button that says request to join group.

Hi All I need your help.
DH has been deployed since last October and doesn't come home until early May 2012. Looking to do a Disney cruise. My birthday is 10 June so of course this cruise is right up there on our list. But there is also that 5 day NYC Eastern Canada cruise leaving on the same day.

Kids (DS 13 at cruise time and DD 10) are leanign towards the Double Dip only because they want to do the aqua duck and be on the "new" ship. We love Castaway Cay.

But we love exploring new places and none of us have been to Eastern canada. Plus DH and I have wanted to show the kids NYC for a while.

Also I don't like being hot, but am worried we won't get any beachy pool time on the NYC cruise.

Thoughts, comments, things to ponder?

Thanks for the help

Hello KimKreis! I haven't been on any cruises yet, so I guess I can't offer you any advice. Both cruises sound like fun! Good luck with your decision!

Hello All-
Thought I would check in, and let you all know that I just found some of the neatest FE gifts on clearance at my local Wal-mart. Have a great week!

Hello All-
Thought I would check in, and let you all know that I just found some of the neatest FE gifts on clearance at my local Wal-mart. Have a great week!

I'm glad I"m not the only one thinking about FE gifts already! DH thinks I'm nuts!

Less than 300 days until our cruise!

Hi all--I've had a few people PM me saying they are no longer on the cruise. I've updated the roll call. It appears our group is at 18 cabins (one person was a maybe and haven't heard back).

Question of the Day (QOTD): Are you going to WDW before or after the cruise? If so, how many days? Which parks? Where are you staying? (I apologize if this has been asked before--I think I'm running out of QOTDs!)

As of right now, for my family, we are planning on flying in 3 days before the cruise and going to WDW for 2 full days. The plan is to go to Magic Kingdom on Friday (I really wanted to go here because last time we were here I was pregnant and didn't get on many rides). And DH and DS8 will go to Hollywood Studios on Saturday for Star Wars Weekend, while I take the 2 younger kids over to downtown Disney and/or hang out at the pool. We have a room booked at the Caribbean Beach Resort, partly for sentimental reasons, since this is the first on-site resort I stayed at many years ago. And partly because as a family of 5, it will be harder for us to stay in one room on-site after our youngest turns 3 (Disney will require us to get 2 rooms). Plus, I figured the atmosphere of the resort would get us in the mood for the cruise.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Double-diptrue.jpg

Scooby on the DISign board made this.

Ooh! The design is fun! :)

Have you looked into rooms at POR? I prefer the Magnolia Bend section (which has a limit of 4 people), but the Alligator Bayou section has rooms that allow for families of 5. There's a trundle bed for the 5th person. It's also a "moderate," so should be about the same price as CBR.

We are not planning to visit WDW in conjunction with our trip. We went to WDW for a week in January 2010 and the kids really wanted to try a cruise, so that's what we're doing this time. I must admit that I'm second guessing myself though! We're all ready to go back to WDW so I hope the cruise can live up to our expectations. I hope I don't hear "I wish we'd gone to WDW instead." (I must admit though, that our last trip was just about perfect in every way. I am not sure we'll ever be able to top that one.)

We are still not sure exactly when we are coming and whether we are driving or flying. We had originally considered driving to arrive on the Saturday before the cruise. However, I think my daughter's dance recital might be that Saturday, so we're considering flying early on Sunday. We haven't made a firm decision yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter