• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 10, 2012 Dream 5-Night Double-Dip

Happy Father's Day to all of you gentleman out there, that play a special part in a child's life!

We are heading out to the Cardinals VS Royals game at Busch Stadium. Very excited because it is DS first pro baseball game, and he is such a sports nut!

Was at the $1 area of Target yesterday, and started picking up a few things for our FE gifts! Let the planning begin!

Hi! We are cruising with ya'll!! We were supposed to be on this cruise this year for our ds 16th bday, but had to put it off a year. We still went to Disney, just got back last night. so now we have this great cruise to look forward to next year!!!

I need to read up on this thread, but wanted to say HI. I am Heather and will be 36 at cruise time, dh is Ed and will be 40, ds is Brandon and he will be turning 17 on the cruise on June 14th.

Ds and I have been on the wonder back in 2005. Then ds, dh and I went on the magic 7 night eastern back in 2009. We are so excited to be going on the dream and a double dip to castaway cay!!!

...Brandon and he will be turning 17 on the cruise on June 14th.

Happy belated to Brandon and welcome to your family! Brandon and I are birthday buddies, although I've got quite a few years on him! (I'll be turning 40. But at least I'll be turning 40 on Castaway Cay!)

Just reading through the posts now.... ds doesn't know about the cruise yet!! Luckily we didn't tell him about the cruise we were supposed to be on last week since we had to hold off for a year! He does enjoy planning somewhat and checking out things in the teen club so we do plan on telling him soon, def by Christmas time.

Welcome, goofygal1975! :dance3: Just added you to the roll call.

Happy Father's Day to everyone!

alltheparks--glad to hear I'm not the only one thinking of FE gifts! I keep looking at the picture threads and getting ideas. I'm deciding how crafty I want to be.

Happy belated to Brandon and welcome to your family! Brandon and I are birthday buddies, although I've got quite a few years on him! (I'll be turning 40. But at least I'll be turning 40 on Castaway Cay!)

Thank you! And happy birthday to you!!! What a way to spend yourbday. My bday is in august, along with our anniversary, and it is always too expensive and hot to go to Disney or cruise then.

QOTD: Passports. Who's got them already? Who's going to get them? Who's not going to get them?

DH and I still have valid passports from other trips. We were informed by DCL that since 2 of our kids were born outside of the U.S., their birth certificates are not sufficient and we will need to get them passports. So we will work on getting them passports this summer.

Question of the day:

What are your plans for Nassau? Have you decided yet? Staying on the ship? Disney excursion? Other plans?

older!

We are not sure yet. Most likely will just get off the ship and shop a bit, then get back on.

Question of the Day:

Are you planning on eating at Palo or Remy's? Brunch, tea, or dinner? Have you eaten at either before?

Dh and I loved brunch at Palo, so if they offer it on this cruise we will try to book it.

Question of the Day:

Have you bought anything yet in preparation for this cruise? Fish Extender, clothes, etc.?

Can I just say how happy I will be in a few weeks here when we pass June 10, 2011???? Then we'll finally be at under a year away!

Hope everyone is doing well!

We always sign up for free samples( shampoo, deodorant, tide, etc and save them for our Disney trips)....so we have stuff like that and things we bought stuff for our 2009 cruise that we have saved.

We checked into bay lake towers at Disney on June 10th!!

QOTD: Passports. Who's got them already? Who's going to get them? Who's not going to get them?

We got passports in 2009. I think dh and mine is fine, but we may have to update ds passport.

We are going to stay 2 days before the cruise and 2 days after. Going to try for old key west to save on ou DVC points.

DH and I still have valid passports from other trips. We were informed by DCL that since 2 of our kids were born outside of the U.S., their birth certificates are not sufficient and we will need to get them passports. So we will work on getting them passports this summer.

Where were your kids born, MissDaisy? Mine were born outside the US, too. (We adopted them in Russia.)

We all have passports, although DH and I will need to get ours renewed before the trip. Since we don't have any out-of-the-country travel plans between now and the cruise, we're waiting till fall/winter before we renew, so we can have that few extra months on the new passport.

Where were your kids born, MissDaisy? Mine were born outside the US, too. (We adopted them in Russia.)

I have the theme to "it's a small world" playing in my head right now! Because 2 of our kids were adopted from Russia too. I'd love to talk to you about it someday!

Our older DS already has a U.S. passport, our younger DS doesn't have one yet, and neither does our DD (although technically she doesn't need one). But we decided we all should have them.

I have the theme to "it's a small world" playing in my head right now! Because 2 of our kids were adopted from Russia too. I'd love to talk to you about it someday!

Cool! Which regions? DS was adopted in Krasnoyarsk in 2001... and DD was adopted in Moscow Region (not city) in 2005. I hope they return our old passports when we get them renewed. I don't want to lose my Russian stamps/visas!

We all have ours (lived in Australia for 3 years). FYI - Child passports are normally valid for 5 years!

That is great to hear! We pulled out the passports and ds will be fine for this cruise!

Dh and I have talked about adopting, and Russia has come up. Not sure how or where to get started.

It has been getting harder to not tell ds about this cruise! We just want to wait a few months longer.

Dh and I have talked about adopting, and Russia has come up. Not sure how or where to get started.

My experience is kind of old and a lot of things have changed since then (our last adoption was in 2005), but if you need information, I could probably point you to some resources. PM me if you have questions and I'll do my best.

My experience is kind of old and a lot of things have changed since then (our last adoption was in 2005), but if you need information, I could probably point you to some resources. PM me if you have questions and I'll do my best.

That would be great! Thanks!

Dh and I were thinking about getting a cabana on castaway cay. I need to look up info about them. Dose anyone know how much they are?

Hi everyone--

I just read this post about a FE/DIS group that created a private Facebook page for chatter:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2749661

Should we do this? What does everyone think?

I created a private FB page for my MOPS group, and basically we would need to create a group name, then list it on this thread and people could send in a request on FB to join. We wouldn't all have to "friend" eachother on FB.

Goofygal--I thought I read that they are around $500 for the day?

Thanks. I found a thread about the cabanas, and it appears they go too quickly . Since we are not concierge or gold/platinum cc members I don't hold out hope to get one, even though we really want one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter