Jumping into June Monthly Weight Loss Challenge **Newbies always welcome!**

pjlla

DIS Veteran
Okay... Looks like I am in charge of the June weight loss challenge!

For newbies.... just post your goal weight loss for the month of June asap. Then after you weigh in every week come and post your loss and where you are compared to your goal for the month.... EXAMPLE: -6/8 (Clear as mud, huh?)

I am no computer whiz and I am "math-challenged" so no fancy spreadsheets here, but I will update the first page every week with everyone's progress.

Since I still have 8 pounds to go to reach my July 4th goal, I will put my June goal at 8 pounds!!.................................P

Updates as of 7/1/2008
Pjlla 0/8 :sad2:

mikamah 1.8/5 :)

bailey2007 2/5::yes::

bonna girl 7/5 :cool1:

Mary Anne 13.5/7 :cheer2:

goinducky 0/5

NWPrincess 3/8 :thumbsup2

wezee 2/5::yes::

MK4ever 5/5:cool1:

Thanks pjilla, for starting this challenge. I haven't been losing the past few months, but am on a new track, and would love to join you for this challenge. I want to lose 5 pounds this month, so 0/5 for me.

Please add me. I am going for 5 lbs this month. I was going to pick 8 but I'm going to be on vacation for a little more then a week so I thought I should be more conservative. Tomorrow is my weigh in day and right now I'm 0/5.

I'm a newbie too, but my goal is 8 pounds. That's two pounds a week. I know it's ambitious, but I'm really trying hard to achieve it!

Okay June folks.... here is a "quote for the day" to help keep you motivated. I did post it recently somewhere else here, but just in case you didn't see it....

IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL.

So true in many different areas of our lives, including healthy eating. For example.... a few days ago I was out running some errands and knew I would be out through lunch time. I planned ahead and brought a small cooler bag with a can of seltzer, some Weight Watchers cheese, an apple, and a Curves bar for a treat. It was a perfect lunch. Low points, healthy protein, low fat..... plus the Curves bar was a real treat! Had I not planned this lunch I would have ended up either buying an expensive salad at a drive-thru and probably still had too many points, or I would have opted for a cheap "Value menu" type lunch and just gone off the deep end as far as calories goes.

So I challenge you to think ahead and PLAN... not just for today, but for the long term. PLAN to eat healthier, PLAN to exercise, PLAN to track your eating, PLAN to drink enough water, PLAN to be a healthier you!........P

Thanks so much for starting this challenge!!!! My ultimate goal is to lose 5 more lbs by our Sept. WDW trip.....so I might as well go for it all at once......I will try to lose the whole 5 lbs. by July 4th. So that makes me 0/5 so far. Thanks again and good luck all.:thumbsup2

Okay June folks.... here is a "quote for the day" to help keep you motivated. I did post it recently somewhere else here, but just in case you didn't see it....

IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL.

So true in many different areas of our lives, including healthy eating. For example.... a few days ago I was out running some errands and knew I would be out through lunch time. I planned ahead and brought a small cooler bag with a can of seltzer, some Weight Watchers cheese, an apple, and a Curves bar for a treat. It was a perfect lunch. Low points, healthy protein, low fat..... plus the Curves bar was a real treat! Had I not planned this lunch I would have ended up either buying an expensive salad at a drive-thru and probably still had too many points, or I would have opted for a cheap "Value menu" type lunch and just gone off the deep end as far as calories goes.

So I challenge you to think ahead and PLAN... not just for today, but for the long term. PLAN to eat healthier, PLAN to exercise, PLAN to track your eating, PLAN to drink enough water, PLAN to be a healthier you!........P

That's a great quote. Kudos to you for planning. I work in a hospital, and was addicted to the lorna doones cookies. I would have at least one or two packs/day, but now always bring an extra snack for the afternoon when I would need a little pick me up. I am now 3 weeks lorna doone free. I really was addicted. If there was a cookies anonymous, I would be there.

Today was my WW weigh in day. I lost 1.8 lbs so if I'm doing this right, I'm 1.8/5. :cool1:

I agree about the planning. :thumbsup2 That is 90% of the challenge. I am going to Disney :banana: in about 10 days and I've started buying WW snacks and non perishable foods to keep me going and satisfy any cravings. I'm also building in some Disney treats. I've discovered on one of the threads that a 1/2 cup of DoleWhip is only 2 points. I plan on having at least one cup (I'll share with my son) at least twice during the trip. :yay:

I'm jumping on! Now, do I count from right now, or from my WW weigh in this week?

Advice?

I like to join to. I failed to lose anything in May except my job :( . I want to lose 5 this month, so I am at 0/5.

MK4ever, I just wanted to send you a (((hug))) about your lost job. It's never easy.

Well, this morning was the dreaded weighin day and the extra mile I did on my workout last nite must have helped...cause I'm down 1 lb. :cool1: So as of this AM...I am 1/5. Good luck all and may the "scale gods" bless you today!:worship:

Glad to see some good numbers this week! I am -1.6/8 today. I'll be back later to answer a few questions I saw posted..............P

I haven't lost any weight and I'm getting discouraged. I have been good on my diet AND I have been working out HARD for an hour everyday. For the last week, the scale has said 165 and hasn't budged. :(

I was down .6 friday for 0.6/5 this month. I'm back on track after an unhealthy eating weekend. Weekends can be so hard, and it is so hot here, I can't think about exercising. The heat is supposed to break tomorrow night, so I'm planning to exercise wed- sat this week.

NWPrincess- Hang in there and don't give up. :hug: Some times when you are exercising more, your muscles retain some fluid, and it will all settle out. It is so frustrating when we are doing so well and the scale doesn't show it, but if we stick with it, it will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter