Jumping into a pre-trip!

Ciorsdah

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

Its now 228 days until myself and DBF head off to WDW for 2 weeks! So I thought why not start a pre trip report :cool2:

The team:

Myself: 27 years young, PA by day gym bunny by night with a love for all things pink, sparkly and cuddly. I'm a huge Belle fan and think you'd be hard pressed to find a better soundtrack than that of Mulan.

DBF: Lets call him Flounder. 27 years old, works with spreadsheets all day, can be grumpy, isnt keen on housework but will do the ironing in return for control of the TV remote. Loves the Lion King but not sure if he is 100% sold on the full Disney experience.

Also, DBF bought me a trip to Disneyland Paris for my Christmas in 2010 :flower3: Didnt tell me where we were going until the night before the trip when he surprised me at work telling me I was off to DLP the next morning :scared1: Massive brownie points there.

The plan:

22nd Sept : Flying Glasgow - Orlando. Have private transfers to the hotel.

Hotel: Port Orleans Riverside. 14 day park hopper pass with QSDP

Depart 6th October - BOOOOOOO

To do:

DBF needs his new passport returned.
ESTA
ADRS (only need 4 in total)
Plan days - our stay falls over a Disney Race weekend and also the start of Food And Wine.
MNSSHP - Tickets or not?
Buy new camera
Pass my dietary requests to flight/ADRs
Universal?
Sort out Photopass bits and bobs

Anything I've missed???!!!

Let the planning commence :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Money?

Great start, bet youre really excited.
Fab that you got to go to DLRP, id love to go again. :)

Hi! :cheer2:

Just thought I'd pop along and see what I've missed on my PTR :thumbsup2

Haha, no, it looks very exciting, and I can't wait to follow your plans :goodvibes

Steffi xx

Hey everyone!

Not much to update today. I decided (sorry should that be we...?!!!) that MNSSHP is a MUST so I've got a reminder in April to check for tickets when they go on sale.

My DBF is also hiring a mustang for the trip as for him this is his first time in the USA which is quite cute because he is so excited for the car.

I'm hoping to have firm decisions on ADRS by the weekend so I can diarise them to book when the 180 day + 10 window opens!

I'm also stealing ideas from other peopls PTRs, so many people are so knowledgable and its lovely of them to share with everyone :worship:

Been a stressful evening at home with various family things, I do wonder sometimes if they just want blood not help!!

Kirst xx

Joining in!

How lovely of your DBF to suprise you with a trip to DLP.

I agree MNSSHP is definately a must, I'm excited thinking about it lol.

sounds like it's going to be a fun trip x

I got an envelope on Xmas eve saying that I would get a clue every day as to what my present was, but I was to have a suitcase ready with up to a weeks worth of clothing and I was to pack for hot and cold temperatures. I had no idea what was going on.

Then on the last day, I still handt worked it out from the clues (I'm a bit slow to catch on sometimes) he popped up to my desk (we work in the same office) and handed me a boarding pass :scared1:

He had spoken to my boss and the director that I work for to make sure i could get holidays, he cancelled the hair appointment I had in my diary for the Sat and told my 2 best mates that they were to plan a "girly weekend" so that I didnt plan to do anything else that weekend.

Was so sweet and I loved every minute of it, though I suspect he spent a bit too much!

What a wonderful DBF
He sounds like a keeper :)
Looking forward to hearing your plans
Ooh and def do MNSSHP; it's really good fun!

I like the sound of your DBF:thumbsup2 Looking forward to updates.:goodvibes

A quick update for everyone!!

I found on another DIS thread the hours for September, so I've managed to scope out what the first 6 days of my trip will look like in terms of opening hours, EMH and MNSSHP.

The registration for the Tower of Terror 10 mile race opened yesterday, and at $90 entry fee ( and a further $44 I think for DBF to come and support me) we have decided not to do it. Even the family "fun" 5k race was $50 per person to enter so its an expensive hobby running at Disney :scared1:

I have added on Universal 2 park 14 day unlimited entry tickets to our holiday book also. That was my valentines pressie to the DBF ( he got me Phantom of the Opera tickets :cloud9:)

Still working out the best time to attack the universal parks, as we have unlimited access to both parks at Universal and 14 day hoppers for Disney I suspect we may split days.

I'm designing tip envelopes for mousekeeping. Red envelopes with a Mikey and Minnie on either side with short thank you messages on them and I'm also going to get small thank you cards for any CM who help us in the park.

Kirst

Another update :cool1:

Finally decided what days we are doing when, this is enough planning for DBF. He thinks that too much planning will ruin the fun, how little he knows!!!!! So the plan so far..

Arrive Sat night approx 6/7pm. Head to POR food court for dinner and take a boat to DTD for a relaxing night.

Sunday - Head to HS for opening, swtich to MK for PM ( EMH that evening)

Monday -MK for rope drop & photopass pics, afternoon by the pool then to HS for EMH and evening photopass photos.

Tuesday - Animal Kingdom full day with photopass. Its possible that this evening is a MNSSHP so we will head over to MK mid afternoon to sort out our tickets etc.

Wednesday - Typhoon Lagoon ( and a long lie - keeps DBF happy) and head to Epcot in the PM for IllumiNations and EMH

Thursday - Epcot and photopass. Back to hotel for a snooze and then back to Epcot for dinner and some drinking around the world

Friday - Another long lie and head to Blizzard Beach. This is also the start of the Food and Wine festival so unsure of how the crowds will be around the parks.

Sat and Sun - Shopping in Orlando and perhaps a visit to Universal

Monday and Tuesday (WK 2) - Both days set aside for Universal Studios all day.

Wed - Friday - Loose plans at the moment to grab more photopass opps, take the carriage ride, make use of any EMH and finish up the shopping.

We are hiring a car while we are in Orlando so we might take a day to Seaworld or Space Centre as DBF has never been at all, and I loved the space centre the past few times I've been.

Also, should we upgrade our flights on VA to Premium Economy? We have one their new aircrafts and the set up is 2 4 2 so we would only be seated in a 2 row ( seats already selected) but ive been spoiled by BA travel in recent years sat at the front of rows so having TONS of leg room and space to move about.

Anybody think that upgrading is a good or bad idea?

Kirst

Your plans look great Kirst! Very excited for you! :goodvibes

We normally fly VA (apart from one disasterous flight with BA 12 years ago!) and I find the legroom okay, but I'm only 5ft1! I guess DBF might think differently as he's 6ft! :lmao: Personally I would save my money for spends :rotfl: But that's just me :)

xxx

That sounds like a lovely paced holiday :thumbsup2. Waiting on my brother to arrive for the weekend so we can plan the rest of our days.

Im only 5ft3 so legroom isn't usually an issue for me, but DBF is 6ft too so he might have to suck it up :thumbsup2

Havent worked out what nights we want to eat OOP at a TS place, I'm thinking 1 "nice" dinner per week plus a nice lunch somewhere 1 day.

The Disney Diet has officially started now, with 5 days at the gym and a Sat morning spent at a British Military Fitness session. No more wine :eek: for 2 months and I've opened up a special bank account for Disney spends!!

As its DBF first time in USA and first time in WDW I really want to make this trip special but I am worried I'll start putting way to much pressure on myself :confused3 this has already fuelled my desire to have over £1000 spending money! Which is just redonkulous

K xx

Im only 5ft3 so legroom isn't usually an issue for me, but DBF is 6ft too so he might have to suck it up :thumbsup2

Havent worked out what nights we want to eat OOP at a TS place, I'm thinking 1 "nice" dinner per week plus a nice lunch somewhere 1 day.

The Disney Diet has officially started now, with 5 days at the gym and a Sat morning spent at a British Military Fitness session. No more wine :eek: for 2 months and I've opened up a special bank account for Disney spends!!

As its DBF first time in USA and first time in WDW I really want to make this trip special but I am worried I'll start putting way to much pressure on myself :confused3 this has already fuelled my desire to have over £1000 spending money! Which is just redonkulous

K xx

I'm 5ft 3" too. Weight Watchers for me as I don't think I would go to a gym as I'm too lazy. I know what you mean about pressure though - it's our first trip to WDW and I want to make it the PERFECT family holiday. The trouble is, you can end up ruining things by being too much of a perfectionist.:confused3

Your plans sound wonderful so far!

We travel with VA and DH has very long legs, so we make sure we check in early and he pays for extra leg room near the emergency exit. (unfortunately this means I have to sit next to the window :sick:)

Looking forward to reading more x

My Disney diet started in January with Slimming World, but as I've come down with a horrible cold and I'm all achy, and now theres the stress of leaving my old job, starting my new job and moving house... I've quite like a pizza, a tub of ice cream and some wine! :thumbsup2

I am definately impressed with your motivation to get up on a Saturday morning! I can barely function all day! ;)
xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter