July5,2003 Magic...who's going?

sjbakerus: I don't live in Stonehenge, but I shop at the market several times a week and have strong ties to the A.E Finlay Y. If you're from that area then we truly are "neighbors" (If you like, I can PM more info to you.....you never know who's lurking on these boards trying to figure out when people aren't home!)
BTW, are you driving or flying to the port? This will be our first time driving, but we decided to try it this time partially because of all the encouragement I've gotten from this board and secondly, because the last time I cruised, Delta put my luggage on the wrong flight and so I had to rush to RonJons and Walmart on a Sunday morning to buy an entire new wardrobe (including shoes, underwear, etc) Mysteriously, my bag turned up in my cabin later on the first evening, but I was pretty bummed out that whole first day. Let's just say I don't want a repeat of that scenario this time.

Regarding the Tram/Trolley issue......If I buy the tickets on line I'll save a total of $8. If for some reason we don't make it to Key West, I'll be stuck for $72. It seems to me that the small discount doesn't justify the risk and i'll probably wait to buy my tickets on the actual day.

Remember to let me know if you want to sign up for the DIS ladies high tea. I plan to call DCL towards the end of this week and see if we can get the private room.

Denise:
What day were you thinking of scheduling the brunch? The women that are interested in doing High Tea have not declared a preference, so it makes sense to do it on the opposite day that the brunch will be, especially since there may be some duplication between the 2 groups.

That's a very considerate idea - wish the vacation was closer, inundated with reports and exams at the moment!
Wendy

Thanks Sandy,
Live 365 is Wonderful.....we're hooked already.

How do the cruise documents get delivered? We haven't gotten ours yet... boo hoo :(

Our cruise documents came today! They were between the doors when I got home from work, what a wonderful package to come home to! They came UPS. My sister in Tennessee got hers on Friday, Michigan took till today.

Sandy: So sorry to hear about your unemployment......you don't sound very upset. ( I, on the other hand, was freaking out when the company my husband worked for decided to cease services in Raleigh) Good luck on your search for a new position.....how much do they pay for a professional DCL advisor? Maybe Barb and Tony need some relief....

I knew it was coming. Only it wasn't supposed to end until June 30th. Only means it will be hard to take a new assignment until I get back. Nothing worse than six weeks unpaid vacation :)

DCL advisor? Hey, I like that idea. Think I can convince Barb and Tony to take me along with them on cruise #33? I wonder if DU needs any help :D

High tea on the first sea day and brunch on the second? Any thoughts from those going?

Jeanne Safe Sea: Indispenable when you have kids that belong to a river swim team and regularly swim with nettles. It is a sunscreen/stinging sea life protector combination. I am taking lots since we have two beach days and a snorkling trip planned. I've never experienced sea lice and don't want to come into contact with them on this trip.

The one draw back of booking with AAA is that all the documents go to them. They call and then I go pick them up. But on the bright side I have to go anyway, I looked last night and they have half the family seated at a table for six and the other half at a table for eight!

As for stopping for the night Florence is a good spot. South of border has 24 hour security if your like us and will have a van full of stuff. The best spot for Gas is right around the Ga/Fl border, we have always found good prices there.

Count my vote for high tea on the first sea day.

Jeanne, I sent a PM to you so you can email me regarding Raleigh life.

We are driving to FL with Audrey and her family. We plan on leaving July 3rd so we can have Friday to visit Cocoa beach and just relax around the Raddison pool.

We booked last Oct to get the Cat 6. There was a deadline on the price-point we were offered. At the time those cabins were going fast.

Great to hear about those documents coming in!

Some questions for you veteran Disney Cruisers...

1. What time to the first buses leave in the morning from the Airport; we'll be in a couple of days ahead of time so I was wondering.

2. Are beaches available in Key West, I didn't see any excursions in the brochure?

Can't help you with the busses, Dave, we'll be driving to the port.

Hey, there's an idea. I think that those of us who get there early should save a place on line for the rest of the crew. You think the other cruisers would mind our letting 74 other people cut in? :)

Look for me at the terminal. I'll be the first online!

Sandy: I'm planning to arrive at about 11 o'clock.....that way we can be next to one another....you'll be the first person on the first line and we'll be last on the second one!

sjbakerus: I didn't even realize you had pm'd me until I read it on this board.....seems like there's something screwy with the
message alert system. I'll pm you back shortly.

Denise: what time is high tea usually held? Wendy said that she remembers the Castaway party being about 4 pm on a Monday, so I want to make sure we'll be able to do that also.

I'm starting to get very excited.....wish our doc would arrive!

Hi all
I think that High tea is usually at 3pm so it would be possible to do it on the Monday but it would be a bit rushed, therefore it may be better to do it on the Thursday.
Sorry we have never taken the buses from the airport so don't know when they start but I wouldn't imagine they would arrive before the previous passengers have left. I would think they would start arriving at the port at about 10am.
Wendy

MY DOCS ARRIVED TODAY!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

WOO HOO!

Okay, it was for the kids' room, but that's half of them :).

Thank all of you for the bday wishes! I was surprised! It made turning 29 yet again, a bit more interesting!

I am dying, waiting for the documents, they say it may be two more weeks, we booked with Mid Atlantic AAA...........so they send the whole group together.

I got a cool new digital camera for my bday - just in time for the trip of a life time!

Dont have much time this week - but I am enjoying reading all of the posts!

Home run stretch!!!!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

WE GOT OUR DOCUMENTS TOO!!!

What kind of digital camera did you get we've been looking and can't decide which one's the best buy.

Happy Birthday to the birthday person.

I doubt anyone would mind if 70+ people cut in line (ha-ha)
We plan on getting to the port as early as they'll let us in.

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

So far these are the only women who have expressed an interest in taking tea as a group:
jeanneg (Jeanne)
wendym (Wendy)
mum (Doreen)
eyeR.N. (Denise)
luv2boys (Amy)
ablyinpgva (Audrey)
sjbakerus (???)
If I left anybody out, please let me know. I'm not sure we can get the private room for this size group, which means we'll have to make the reservation at the embarkment scramble. I plan to call tomorrow, so there's still time to think about it.

Happy belated birthday, Audrey! I hope you had a great day.

Happy Birthday Audrey.

And happy 100th Bob. Thanks for the memories.

Count Judy in on the High Tea. I haven't discussed it with her, yet, but she'll like it. She's a tea drinker (must be the Manchester blood in her), so I know she'd enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter