• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July Trip Sprinkled Pixie Dust: Twins, Minivan & DVC 10/4 - The last day!

Love the idea of getting a nap in and setting the alarm for evening EMH....we are so doing that this year:worship:

Your pictures are beautiful....stunning....gorgeous.....the tripod should have tipped the guy that you know what you're doing with a camera;)

Oh, I just love all of your shots of Tomorrowland at night! So pretty!!! The family picture in front of the camera turned out really cute!

Love the idea of getting a nap in and setting the alarm for evening EMH....we are so doing that this year:worship:

Your pictures are beautiful....stunning....gorgeous.....the tripod should have tipped the guy that you know what you're doing with a camera;)

I have to warn you that it is REALLY hard to get up! Can't wait to hear about it when you do it!

I am really excited about those pictures! We are planning a Disney winter get away... So, I will play with my camera again while my family does my less favorite rides.

Oh, I just love all of your shots of Tomorrowland at night! So pretty!!! The family picture in front of the camera turned out really cute!

Thanks! You should have seen the outtakes from the timed shots! I set the timer to take four shots...one is me running in, another is me hopping up...etc. comical.

Loving all your pics! :lovestruc

Late MK hours when we go is until 12 a.m. & I've been wondering if we can 'hang' till then! I can't imagine going until 4 a.m.!!!!

Your night pictures are so pretty. We did the MK EMH once and it was great. The crowds were low and it wasn't as hot.

I love the pictures you took during EMH - seriously good scrapbook material!!! :thumbsup2

I'm caught up now - your new hotel looks awesome! I know my kids would enjoy Stormalong Bay...someday!:rolleyes: And my DH would be thinking the exact same thing about the bird situation...not because he's a huge animal lover, but because that lady would have gotten on his nerves! :rotfl:

Looking forward to more!

What an interesting nap time. :rotfl: I don't think I could have made myself get up although it sure sounds like it was worth it. I LOVE your tomorrowland pictures.

Your night pictures are so pretty. We did the MK EMH once and it was great. The crowds were low and it wasn't as hot.

Thank you!:goodvibes It was much cooler and much less crowded. I highly recommend it for summer months!

I love the pictures you took during EMH - seriously good scrapbook material!!! :thumbsup2

I'm caught up now - your new hotel looks awesome! I know my kids would enjoy Stormalong Bay...someday!:rolleyes: And my DH would be thinking the exact same thing about the bird situation...not because he's a huge animal lover, but because that lady would have gotten on his nerves! :rotfl:

Looking forward to more!

I have been debating about scrapbooking or creating a photobook online. I am horrible at picking pictures for scrapbooking...I like to use them all!

Surprisingly, my kids liked AK's and BW's pools better than Stormalong Bay. They enjoyed BW's clown slide more that SAB's slide. (Wait until you see my clown slide picture!!!)

What an interesting nap time. :rotfl: I don't think I could have made myself get up although it sure sounds like it was worth it. I LOVE your tomorrowland pictures.

It was really hard to get up! It was really worth it though! Thanks! I am happy with how they turned out!

Loving all your pics! :lovestruc

Late MK hours when we go is until 12 a.m. & I've been wondering if we can 'hang' till then! I can't imagine going until 4 a.m.!!!!

I have a couple more pics that I think are amazing! I am so in love with my camera!

I think you will be fine until 12. Your kiddos have two years on my girls, and my girls would be able to go until midnight, provided it wasn't an early magic day too.

Only a month for you!!! :banana:

Hello all. I have neglected my trip report as I have been all caught up in Riglee's report. I don't believe that report to be true for a minute and I'll love to discuss your thoughts if you are inclined to read it and share. The moderator posted that we aren't to debate it on that report. I don't want to argue, I just like hearing people's reasons. My latest reason to doubt it truth is how Lee is now just pushing to finish. She is not commenting anymore on "Rig's" opinions. Regardless, it was a good read, now, my interest in it is waning...

So on to my less creative trip report. :goodvibes

My notes, for the most part, are lacking from this point on. Sorry.

We woke up and headed over to Epcot for DH to go get FP's. We all, obviously, had to head over to the park ---ouch--the looonnnggg exhausting walk. Just Kidding...it was a short hop, jump and skip. We had reservations at Cape May for 10:50, and thought it would be a good idea to meet back there.

DH took off, and I fooled around with two unhappy kids who I forced to pose for my tripod!

I know you they look happy!

I called the phone booth as Hannah went in and she didn't really respond so much. So I told the girls that I had the numbers. A couple of times thoughout the trip as we walked by, I would call the person inside. Once, I got through to a kid. I asked, How's Epcot today? SHe asked fine. I tried to extend the conversation: How's the weather? It went no where. I think I need someone REALLY fun on the other end to play it up. THEN, I would be able to play it up...
It is exciting just making the phone ring.

Promising the girls just a couple more...

DH came back. It took 21 minutes to get from the hotel to Soarin and back to the International Gateway- wow- quick!

Breakfast at Cape May was very good. I sent up the tripod to snap our family shots. The waitress was kind, but slooooww, and I didn't think she would be there when we needed her...I was right.

I don't know who these kids are, but mine don't usually want to be near characters... Great Job Minnie

Next update: We visit Bay Lake Tower for a DVC Sales Pitch...

Cute pictures at both Epcot and Cape May! How fun that you had the numbers to call the phone booth!!! :laughing: Love the picture with DD hugging Minnie!!! So sweet!

All caught up...great report!!!:thumbsup2

I am shocked your family lasted until 3-4am!:worship: You are sure earned your commando status that nite!:rotfl:

It is funny how your DH's commando ways can sometimes be frustrating for you. Meanwhile I am thinking, "What I wouldn't give for a commando husband!":rotfl: I guess the grass is always greener!

I am glad I am not the only one though with kids who refuse to pose for photos at times. Although even when your kids aren't in the mood, they still do pretty good. Mine? Not so much!:rotfl:

That sounds so fun about calling the UK phone booth. I had heard about that ages ago....what is the number?

Great idea bringing the tripod along for the character meals...you are hard core!:laughing: Did you use a full tripod or a gorilla pod?

Looking forward to more!:goodvibes

I love that you set up the tripod for the character breakfast....that is pure genius my friend:banana:

How fun would that be to get someone fun on the other end.....:rotfl2:

Only 21 minutes?! That's incredible! Your pictures turned out nice, even with unwilling participants. :laughing:

I know, 21 min?! We were excited. Now, if only we didn't all have to be in the park. DH would be a busy guy getting fastpasses every hour or so while we sat poolside.

My poor dds have already learned at the tender age of eight that it is quicker and easier to just smile.

Cute pictures at both Epcot and Cape May! How fun that you had the numbers to call the phone booth!!! :laughing: Love the picture with DD hugging Minnie!!! So sweet!

Thanks! I was shocked DD hugged her, and glad I was ready to take the shot.

What is Riglee's report & where do you get the phone booth#?
Here is a link to her report:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2529975 DIsclaimer: It is quite exciting initially. I think now, it is less so. I don't believe it is real and I think now the author is just trying to finish and seems agitated. (I think because she didn't fool everyone.) The mod warned people to stopped debating the genre.

I got the number for the phone booths here on the dis.

Just found your report...can't wait to catch up!:goodvibes

Welcome! Please post as you read. I'd love to hear your experiences and thoughts!

I love that you set up the tripod for the character breakfast....that is pure genius my friend:banana:

How fun would that be to get someone fun on the other end.....:rotfl2:

I think other people thought it was sheer craziness, but I like genius so much better! :flower3:

I think for the phone booth to be more fun, you have to have more prankster in you. I do not. :sad2:

Are your insides ready to burst through your skin with excitement? Your trip is getting closer!! :woohoo: :dance3:

All caught up...great report!!!:thumbsup2

I am shocked your family lasted until 3-4am!:worship: You are sure earned your commando status that nite!:rotfl:

Thanks! :yay: It was fun!

It is funny how your DH's commando ways can sometimes be frustrating for you. Meanwhile I am thinking, "What I wouldn't give for a commando husband!":rotfl: I guess the grass is always greener!

Please don't get me wrong. I am sooo glad he is that way. The problem is that the girls' pin trading annoyed him. I love to commando too but also want my daughters to enjoy everything.

I am glad I am not the only one though with kids who refuse to pose for photos at times. Although even when your kids aren't in the mood, they still do pretty good. Mine? Not so much!:rotfl:

Are your children older? I am afraid that mine will not be smiley as they age. Right now, the sassiness is just beginning. When they are 11, I probably won't even want their pictures. :lmao:

That sounds so fun about calling the UK phone booth. I had heard about that ages ago....what is the number?

I found the numbers on the dis. If you can't find them, I will look it up and post. Let me know.

Great idea bringing the tripod along for the character meals...you are hard core!:laughing: Did you use a full tripod or a gorilla pod?

I don't think I brought it for the meal; I think I had it for the day and had the idea when we got there. :idea: My parents gave me a full tripod that folds up. It is a couple of years old (I swear my parents have the oddest things- neither has anything other than an iPhone and point and shoot. :confused3) It was pretty portable, but I might look into something just a little lighter. It was probably about 5 to 7 pounds?

Looking forward to more!:goodvibes
Thanks!!!

After breakfast, we made our way through Epcot to catch a ride on the monorail to Bay Lake Towers.

I signed us up for a tour because we wanted to buy more points and I wanted to see if I loved BLT to spend a ridiculous amount of money on more points. DH was all about this because he knew we'd get fastpasses.

We hopped on the monorail and headed over to BLT. When we initially arrived, a group of four kids were quite rambunctious. My girls were quite bothered by them. When we arrived at The Top of the World Lounge, though, the dads took the kids to babysitting. Our salespitch was only for current DVC members, so it was trivia like and more of a get-to-know-your-neighbor format.

Food and beverages were buffet style, so while DH and I listened and waited to be called on (they gave away prizes if you were right), the girls kept eating these great little raspberry flavored chocolate on a stick dessert. They gave us DVC notepad portfolios, DVC reusable totes, lanyards, and DVC pins (which I told the girls that they were not allowed to trade.)

I noticed how worn the furniture was in the lounge that isn't very old.

DH and I weren't called on, and FINALLY (after a slide show to sell Aulani), we were going to tour the rooms.

During the Aulani pitch, I took some shots:

We got on the elevator and stepped off on some floor...lost our guide and as a group stood around waiting for our guide...:rolleyes1

Finally, we went to the lobby and found him (he wasn't looking for us - we weren't impressed with him.) We looked at the rooms, and went to the pool area.

Overall, BLT was all about the location to MK. The convenience for anything else was lacking and we weren't in love.

Dh got our fastpasses and we were glad to leave.

We went back to EPCOT, rode Soarin, Living with the Land, saw Captain EO for the first time; (no need to see it more than once-- but glad we tried it.) Rode Nemo, looked at the dolphins and headed to Club Cool.

We had never been to Club Cool...DH is really VERY laid back as a parent. He goes with the flow, but one rule he decided before we even had the girls was that our kids wouldn't drink soda until they were nearly finished growing.

They had their first Shirely Temple either at 5 or 7 at a wedding, not sure which... Since then, at some restaurants, we've allowed them to have caffine free sodas as treats: sprite, some root beer...they've never had Cola products. So, trying sodas?? This was quite "cool" for our girls. Of course, I couldn't wait to give them Beverly. They didn't have as pronounced reactions, but you can see it in their eyes...

Hannah's look (white tank) reminds me of the Why-did-you-do-this-to-me-Mommy? look she gave me as a baby right after the nurse gave her a shot before she cried.

Then, they tried different sodas that they enjoyed...Sorry no pictures of enjoyment!

Soon, it was time for Teppan Edo. My girls were super excited for this meal.

After dinner, we took the Friendship boat back to FW,

and went on Test Track. On Test Track, the car kept lurching. DH and I knew something was odd. While in the cold chamber, the ride stopped.

Up until this point I had considered doing single riders with the girls. Dh in front, them in the middle, me in the back so one of us would be off the ride to wait and one of us would be last just in case. I am so glad the ride stopped to remind me of this variable. What if the ride stopped with one of the girls by herself?? So, I did indeed decide that eight was too young for single rider!

I felt bad for the people in the heat chamber (but the heat lamps did turn off)

What to do when the ride stops? Take pics.

Here is a link to her report:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2529975 DIsclaimer: It is quite exciting initially. I think now, it is less so. I don't believe it is real and I think now the author is just trying to finish and seems agitated. (I think because she didn't fool everyone.) The mod warned people to stopped debating the genre.

I got the number for the phone booths here on the dis.

Great, I just started reading it. Now I have something else to keep me from cleaning! :lmao:

Could you please send me a PM with the phone #? I would love to call it while we are walking by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter