July or August?

Chimay

Earning My Ears
We will be traveling in Europe this summer and have some flexibility about when to go to DLP. We will be there from July 10 - August 10. Any dates to avoid DLP or any time that would be better? Thanks!!!

I don't know all the holidays, but I do know that Bastille Day is on 14th July and usually DLP is very busy at that time.

I'd suggest making your visit mid-week if you can, although it will be holiday season and likely to busy throughout, weekends can be particularly busy.

No! :scared1::scared1::scared1:
How could the ultimate planner overlook this? Bastille day :scared1::scared1::scared1: What was i thinking....we will be there for Bastille Day.....help! How busy is it???? Anybody know?

Kaye

Not sure when the European summer holidays start but the English ones being towards the end of July so personally I'd plan on visiting towards the beginning of your holiday rather than the end, although like a PP said avoid Bastile Day, it's meant to be rammed!

The 14th of July will be busy, busy , busy but the hours are long and traditionally you get great fireworks at the end of the night :thumbsup2

For the OP - Italy are on holiday from mid June, followed by Spain and then France at the end of June but the UK don't start until around the 24th of July

If you are just going for 2/3 days I'd be going between the 10th and the 14th to avoid the largest crowds as many people here start their summer holidays after the 15th and it's prime time until after the next public holiday on the 15th of August.

Or if you are going for a week or more go after the 15th but before the UK holidays start. :)

It has become a tradition for our family to come to DLP for la fête nationale, apart from anything else it is our wedding anniversary! It is very busy but as it still early in the summer season we have always found the crowds manageable and the atmosphere at the fireworks is amazing. I always get very emotional when they play Padum Padum. :lovestruc

I have been every month of the year except August so can't really compare (and have no great desire to remedy this omission) but for us this date is a must.

How could the ultimate planner overlook this? Bastille day :scared1::scared1::scared1: What was i thinking....we will be there for Bastille Day.....help! How busy is it???? Anybody know?

Kaye

lol. it is busy, but as previous posters have stated the atmosphere is fantastic :thumbsup2

We arrive on the 8th July and leave at the end of the day on the 14th.

I wanted the summer season but planned for us to arrive before the English schools break up! Same for the dates i've booked for next year. It's enough with the Italians, Spanish, French, Scottish being out of school - I didn't want to add the English to the mix too! :rotfl: Not sure when Wales and Ireland break up???

Kaye

On Bastille Day "Fête Nationale" - both parks will be very busy. But the Bastille Day Fireworks at the end of the day will make up for how busy the park will be.

If you have the option book your VIP fast passes for that day!

On Bastille Day "Fête Nationale" - both parks will be very busy. But the Bastille Day Fireworks at the end of the day will make up for how busy the park will be.

If you have the option book your VIP fast passes for that day!

Oh, maybe I missed something...Are VIP fast passes available for the summer???? That would be so great!!!

Ah, thank you! This is quite helpful knowing when the school holidays will be. We usually NEVER go to Disney parks during the summer, as we prefer to go when there are fewer people. But, we just couldn't avoid it for DLP. We will deal with the crowd and enjoy the experience.

But, just out a curiosity.... when you all say "busy" what does that mean for standby wait time for Big Thunder Mountain?

Ah, thank you! This is quite helpful knowing when the school holidays will be. We usually NEVER go to Disney parks during the summer, as we prefer to go when there are fewer people. But, we just couldn't avoid it for DLP. We will deal with the crowd and enjoy the experience.

But, just out a curiosity.... when you all say "busy" what does that mean for standby wait time for Big Thunder Mountain?

Looking at another forum they had 110 mins for BTM on the 14/7 and anywhere between 80-120 mins for the days after it as it was a Thursday last year so a day weekend.

But BTM can be 60+ on a lot of weekends ;)

Looking at another forum they had 110 mins for BTM on the 14/7 and anywhere between 80-120 mins for the days after it as it was a Thursday last year so a day weekend.

But BTM can be 60+ on a lot of weekends ;)

Those numbers help put "busy" in perspective to our previous park visits. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter