• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July or August/September visit ?

mrsS.Gerrard

Earning My Ears
Which dates will have the shortest queues in WDW please ; 2nd to 23rd of July or 24th August to the 14th of September ? Any thoughts on which would be the best time to visit ? Many thanks in advance :)

Yes, for all the talk of how lines can be, i have been in the off-season (once in October, once in late February) and we had our run of the place. The lines were significantly shorter, whith less thant 10 minute waits for most E-Ticket stuff. Fantasyland was more crowdes, and TSM at DHs, but that was about it. September should be a great time, and a little bit cooler than July too.

We just returned from the World a week ago. I know people have mentioned vacationing in July can be challenging and it is but We love it very much.

We like the crowds and since we have taken 13 trips to the World, we have learned how to tour and enjoy Disneyworld without the stress of the long lines and the mass of people at the world.

I believe we will only go in July as it stands now.

We always go in September arriving around Labor day and staying for 2 weeks. After Labor day is one of the lowest crowds you will find at WDW any time of the year. It will be as hot as July but there is more rain and it rains for a short time most afternoons. Take a poncho and enjoy!!!

We just returned from the World a week ago. I know people have mentioned vacationing in July can be challenging and it is but We love it very much.

We like the crowds and since we have taken 13 trips to the World, we have learned how to tour and enjoy Disneyworld without the stress of the long lines and the mass of people at the world.

I believe we will only go in July as it stands now.

I can deal with the crowds but I can't imagine saying I like the crowds lol.

Personally I would never go in July if I had a choice...it's too crowded and hot for me.

I can deal with the crowds but I can't imagine saying I like the crowds lol.

Personally I would never go in July if I had a choice...it's too crowded and hot for me.

I understand, DD and I really do like the crowds :lmao:I know it sound weird.:rotfl:

You are located in the DFW area - HUH!!! - We are in Ridglea Estate Area, close to (Camp Bowie & Bryant Irvin)

I understand, DD and I really do like the crowds :lmao:I know it sound weird.:rotfl:

You are located in the DFW area - HUH!!! - We are in Ridglea Estate Area, close to (Camp Bowie & Bryant Irvin)

We're about 30 miles northwest of Ft Worth....and yes..you are nuts if you like crowds lol!! :rotfl:

Thanks for all replies. I'm still debating, unfortunately due to school holidays and practicalities we are probably going to have to go in July (something I said "I'd never do"!). I'm hoping that as we are visiting for 3 weeks we will be able to do numerous trips to each park in order to experience everything (we will be getting 21 day WDW passes).
On the plus side we will be able to experience 4th of July celebrations!:banana:

Jumping on board with a question about September crowds. Will the free dining in September bring in more crowds? We are booked for Sept3-12. Hoping it won't be crazy busy or extreme heat!

Jumping on board with a question about September crowds. Will the free dining in September bring in more crowds? We are booked for Sept3-12. Hoping it won't be crazy busy or extreme heat!

September is HOT and humid, but he crowds should be very very low that week. That's one of the lowest crowd weeks all year

3mama3 said:

Restaurants will be crowded and creates a stronger need to ADRs for TS places. But the parks, very low crowds. Very short queues.

Late August/September crowds are by far the lowest, but with 3 weeks to spend - I wouldn't stress about July. You should definitely be able to fit in all the things you want to do in that amount of time, even with larger crowds.

Have fun planning!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter