• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July HEAT

Luv2DressEmUp

Mouseketeer
So I KNOW that it is HOT in July at the fort. Have lived in it for the past 32 years so I completely understand. Even having lived it, last year seemed extremely hot in our camper. We had the AC running on high in our pop up, but it was still no match. Has anyone tried the covers that are out there to "insulate" the canopy parts of the bed? If so would love feedback.

There have been several discussions on this board about different covers people have used including pictures, you might do a search. Most people that used them were pleased and I have read that they make special covers for the tent section...

Do a search on pop up gizmos for the Dis and using google and you will find out all about them

Everyone who has Gizmos seems to love them.

I never felt the need because we get one trip to the beach each summer usually and can't justify the cost for one trip. I know I could use them year after year but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

But they sound like they work as advertised. :surfweb:

Bama ED

We have the Gizmos but found that the Refletix we were using works better.

Just buy a roll of Reflectix at Home Depot and cut a piece to fit the top of each bunk end and attach with binder clips. Then cut pieces to fit inside each window zip.

Reflectix doesn't do well folded so we put the bunk end covers and window zip inserts on top of the mattress when we fold up.

http://www.homedepot.com/Reflectix/...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

If you have to tape a piece together, use the foil duct tape and you won't even see it.

It also helps if you close off the bunk ends at the hottest part of the day.

We have the popupgizmos and they work well for us - we definately notice if we don't put them on. They are sturdy and pack/unpack well. Definately recommend them.:thumbsup2

I have the pop-up gizmos but have not yet used them (just ordered them a few months ago), we will use them for the first time in July.

I am also considering the Reflectix to use inside the bunk ends.

So I KNOW that it is HOT in July at the fort. Have lived in it for the past 32 years so I completely understand. Even having lived it, last year seemed extremely hot in our camper. We had the AC running on high in our pop up, but it was still no match. Has anyone tried the covers that are out there to "insulate" the canopy parts of the bed? If so would love feedback.

we had a hybrid camper and had the same issue. Get the gizmos...they will also help, silver side down, in the winter with condensation. You can also go to Hmoe Depot and get some reflectix. Cut out patterns that can be zipped up in your windows on your canvas ends.

This will make for a BIG difference

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter