• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July Exercise Challenge

Not gonna make it this month. Was sick for a week and took longer than expected to get back to a normal routine.

335 + 180 = 535/1200

940/1200

3.5 mi with hills last night. Mid 90s still at 8pm - it's HOT!

hmack...hoping this week is better than last!

ebradley...40 miles in 4 days - wow! :cheer2: Take care of yourself and remember that recovery is as important as the workout itself!

flosbolna...where are you? hope all is well!

MRS AR and Rose .... hope all is well.

Linda....Thanks for keeping us on track this month :thumbsup2

early morning run this morning, a bit of pool time last night (I try to only count the actual swimming time and not the 'hey mom, watch me do a handstand' time)

thanks for the support and the pixie dust.

total - 62 minutes

860/1200 (340 to go)

940/1200 ebradley...40 miles in 4 days - wow! :cheer2: Take care of yourself and remember that recovery is as important as the workout itself!

Thanks! I have to run 10 miles everyday for 10 days as part of this challenge. After Sunday, I don't plan on moving at all :)

Updated through post 205.

Heather--:hug:

ebradley--wow! That's a lot of miles. Take care of yourself! :upsidedow

GrandAdmiralStrife--don't worry if you don't make it this month. There's always next month and you are moving! :cheer2:

Keep up the good work. :banana:

It has been a crazy few weeks but I can post some #s now

7/9 20 minute run
7/13 36 minute run
7/15 71 minute run
7/17 35 minute run
7/20 192 minute run/walk

467/1000

1956/2800

Yesterday was a tough run. I woke up with a bad attitude about running. Everything irritated me when I started. This is the list of things that annoyed me (many are irrational):

Humidity
Hills
My shoe laces
My headphone cord rubbing against my belly
My heart rate monitor feeling like it's a boa constrictor this morning
The rabbits who hop away like I'm chasing them.
Other peppy runners who obviously aren't running a 10x10
People who think stops signs in the neighborhood are just suggestions
People who text and drive
Gas (Come on runners. You get this one)
Having to question if it's really gas (So far, so good)
Leering construction workers

But then around mile 3 ... I remembered the prayer I said while running on day 1. I prayed that God would give both myself and Lindsay (a friend doing the challenge at the same time) the physical and mental strength to get through these 10 days. And that He would protect us from injury. At that point I prayed a prayer of thanks to God for honoring that prayer on day 1. The next 7 miles came easy.

50 down. 50 to go. HALF WAY THROUGH!

875/1000

Through July 22

I'll exceed my goal this month because we leave on vacation this weekend and that will be a TON of walking with a 30-40 lb backpack strapped to me! But, I have final exams tomorrow, have to clean the house, do laundry, get packed, and get the dog to boarding, so I probably won't get to post again.

Thanks for tracking all of us and hopefully I'll be back to post in the August thread :goodvibes

1956/2800

Yesterday was a tough run. I woke up with a bad attitude about running. Everything irritated me when I started. This is the list of things that annoyed me (many are irrational):

Humidity
Hills
My shoe laces
My headphone cord rubbing against my belly
My heart rate monitor feeling like it's a boa constrictor this morning
The rabbits who hop away like I'm chasing them.
Other peppy runners who obviously aren't running a 10x10
People who think stops signs in the neighborhood are just suggestions
People who text and drive
Gas (Come on runners. You get this one)
Having to question if it's really gas (So far, so good)
Leering construction workers

But then around mile 3 ... I remembered the prayer I said while running on day 1. I prayed that God would give both myself and Lindsay (a friend doing the challenge at the same time) the physical and mental strength to get through these 10 days. And that He would protect us from injury. At that point I prayed a prayer of thanks to God for honoring that prayer on day 1. The next 7 miles came easy.

50 down. 50 to go. HALF WAY THROUGH!

So many kudos to you for doing this challenge! It is amazing that you can even think of completing it, much less be already halfway through. Keep going because you are inspiring us all! (Your list amused me to no end - I too have had some of those exact same complaints.)

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

ebradley23 - your last post made me smile. You're doing awesome and overcoming all of these things that pop into our heads when we run. I admire that.

bike at the gym yesterday and a 4 miler this morning. 75 minutes

life update: I have the JEEP back (yeah!) and I have a doctor's appt in 25 minutes to get my CAT scan results.

935/1200 - (265 to go).

2076/2800

Yesterday was day 6 of my challenge. I woke up nauseous , but I pushed through. My son came home with a stomach bug Tuesday night, so it was inevitable I would get it too. It seems to have only been a 24 hour bug, because I feel fine today (and he was fine yesterday).

460/900 total

180 minutes since last posting. GYm and walking. Arm and leg exercises..

Here is my struggle with this retirement .......procrastination! Why go to the gym today, since everyday is a day of!!! LOL will try to get a routine going in August!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter