July closures?

BriannaRuth

DIS Veteran
Going in mid-July, can't change dates because it's a business trip for DH. It looks like all of Critter Country will be closed, as well as Haunted Mansion? Am I missing anything (as if that's not enough)?

Any ideas what the effects of these rather large closures will be on the crowds in the parks? Fewer people due to the large closures, or will it even matter that there may be fewer people because those that are there will be compacted into fewer attractions?

Would this number of closures change your touring strategy at all?

I am going in May and will encounter the same closures. In addition to the what you listed above, expect the New Orleans train station to be closed at well.

It doesn't really change much other than there being three less attractions to enjoy.

We were there over President’s Day weekend with those same closures (minus Critter Country). There is definitely more of a pinch point near Harbour Galley and Pirates is currently part of Genie + so the line creates more congestion than usual in New Orleans Square. The west side of DL is basically one huge construction wall but if HM, Winnie the Pooh, Tiana’s Bayou and the Train Station closures aren’t a big deal to you, the rest of the park is fine.

You are correct those are likely the closures in July, but that's not actually official yet. We won't know until mid-May what's officially closed in July. This is the way it's been since February and things are running smoothly.

I look at it like this. In 2019 they didn't yet have Rise of the Resistance or Runaway Railway open. Now they do. There's more ride capacity than there used to be, helping some with crowds. They are also going to be running a daytime parade in each park, plus Fantasmic nightly, which will eat up crowds.

I'm going in July and not changing my plans. It is frustrating they decided to do the HM closure now, but that's the way it is. You can track wait times and LL availability during the current busy spring break season to get a feel. Lots of LL availability late into the night at each park, even with HM and Splash offline. Ride times overall don't appear worse than usual without the closures.

You are also going during the best time of year in my opinion. Longest hours. Least rides closed. Max Magic Key block outs. Max entertainment. Nightly fireworks.

I have the same concerns as you but decided to just not worry about it and go have fun. There's ALWAYS major closures now when I go. Last year when I went Toontown and Small World were closed. It was still a great time.

Go enjoy!

Yes, will definitely go and enjoy! I just like to have a plan and some idea of what I will encounter while I'm there. I'm disappointed that my daughter's two favorite attractions will be down, but you know what they say, any day at Disneyland is a good day!

Honestly, as long as Pirates and BB are open, I'm good :)

Yes, will definitely go and enjoy! I just like to have a plan and some idea of what I will encounter while I'm there. I'm disappointed that my daughter's two favorite attractions will be down, but you know what they say, any day at Disneyland is a good day!

Honestly, as long as Pirates and BB are open, I'm good :)
Look at Thrill Data. You can view DL wait times by date, by wait time, by LL availability and sell out times. You can specifically look at the way things have been February onwards with the closures. It's a web only site, so go to the browser.

I actually went back and looked. The following were closed last time I was there in January 2023:

Indy
Small World
Roger Rabbit
Runaway Railway
Grizzly River Run

This July (most likely) the following will be closed:

Splash
HM
Pooh (not LL)

With Pirates currently being on LL, this currently makes for a net of 4 more LL attractions than my last visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter