July and October reports...and in December, the end of this era

bumbershoot

DIS Veteran
Hey there!

I'm Molly, with a traveling-for-work husband Robert, and our 8 year old Eamon. Just last night it was decided (really, insisted upon by DH, who always wants us to have super-tremendous-fun when he's traveling) that the kidlet and I will be heading to Anaheim for a brief Disneyland visit next weekend!

We have Deluxe APs, so we're blocked out on Saturday, but that's OK because our paid-for-with-Miles trip from Seattle will take almost 9 hours. 3 separate flights. :rotfl: We'll get in at nearly 9pm.

Using "frequent-stayer" points or nights or whatever you want to call it, we've got a room booked at Best Western Park Place Inn. This will be THE closest we've ever stayed to the esplanade, and I'm including the Grand in that, since we had the second furthest-away room in that hotel. I'm pretty excited about leaving the hotel, jumping across the street, and just pretty much being there!

We'll have the 15th and part of the 16th. Robert is picking us up and then we're going elsewhere, but it's possible we'll have time to grab a ride on something and have lunch with Robert that day. He'll feel like a local, doing that. :)

We're planning on a trip the week before and including Gay Days this Fall, so we have to decide if E&I should just focus on the 'land this time, or go experience DCA without Robert. DH is really very kind and generous, and even though he's very excited to see Carsland, really won't mind if we see it first. Decisions decisions!

Now I need to have a crash course on the things that have changed since February. :goodvibes

This is where I start the July report.

Brief discussion of Phoenix, a return to Anaheim, and minor league baseball.

Meeting Merida.

More report!

And more.

More!

Junkyard Jamboree injures the wee E.

Major digression as my MIL's health goes to pieces. :(

Continuing the July report.

Finished!

More talk about varied concerns surrounding and about MIL and our plans with and for her that might have to be changed.

Not sure if I'll finish the index...sorry!

And now we're also going to be talking about our next trip starting in late September!

Molly!!!

Long time no see!! I am along for the ride!!

Gosh, I cannot believe that E is 8!!!

It's crazy, isn't it? 2 years and we're into adult ticket prices!

Michele, which Ayres did you stay at? Was it considered Garden Grove?

It's crazy, isn't it? 2 years and we're into adult ticket prices!

Michele, which Ayres did you stay at? Was it considered Garden Grove?

It is the one on Katella across from the Honda Center. Is that Garden Grove there? We are staying there again in November. They are my go to place now.

I just looked it up on the map, and no, it's not considered GG. I've been curious as to what/where GG is. :)

I just looked it up on the map, and no, it's not considered GG. I've been curious as to what/where GG is. :)

I think it is really close to GG though. It is a nice relaxing stay away from the parks with a great breakfast, and fantastic staff!!

Oh you definitely made it sound good! The info isn't for this trip, but for a work trip for hubby, and GG works really well for his purposes but any closer to Disneyland and they'd start doubting him. :)

Oh you definitely made it sound good! The info isn't for this trip, but for a work trip for hubby, and GG works really well for his purposes but any closer to Disneyland and they'd start doubting him. :)

The Ayres tends to cater to business people and maybe that is why everything is so on top of it. There are a few Ayres in the area. Did you check out their website? Perhaps there is another location you could use?

We shall check it out!

DH is so busy right now he barely has time to breathe at work, poor dude.

Poor Robert putting in the long hours. That is how it has been with Scotty but at least Scotty doesn't have to change time zones and put all the miles on his body.

Congratulations on the weight loss!!!

Thanks!

I seem to somehow think that there's a luggage-packing fairy that's going to appear here. Not sure what's up with that. I also seem to think I have a transporter beam installed in the condo that will auto-magically take us to the airport. :headache:

I would take public transport, b/c it's cheap, but explain this to me. The public bus that goes to and from the airport is a coach bus, with NO storage underneath and NO overhead storage. So you get comfy seats, with almost no legroom and you have to pile your suitcases on top of you. If they had a NORMAL bus that went there, it would be typical bus seats that would be easier to get in and out of, with a bit more leg room to stick suitcases.

It's mystifying.

That makes no sense at all. Why have a bus that takes to you to the airport that has no place for luggage?

If you find that packing fairy let me know how to find her when it's my time to pack!

Exactly.

It's like someone said "ooh, let's give the airport run a coach bus, it'll be so great!" without thinking about it, or actually riding on it with luggage. It's FINE that there's no room for the bags; but the coach bus makes you THINK there is room, so it's more annoying to find out there isn't room. And then the way the seats are done gives you even less room.

Robert reminded me that the Helping Fairy was already on a work trip, and that I had to become the Fairy. And then he booked our shuttle and figured out what time were leaving and whatnot. So that's good.

Eamon chooses the funniest little things to bring on trips. I should take a picture of his little pile of stuff. :)

So our flight leaves around 11am on Sat. That's awesome, especially b/c we're blocked on Sat anyway, so the less time standing at the gates saying "open open open" the better.

But we go up, then down and change planes in Portland. Wait an hour, go back up, go back down in San Francisco. Wait 4 hours, go back up, land at John Wayne. 9+ hours of travel to get to SNA. :rotfl: Eh, it'll be an adventure. Maybe E and I will find the Yoga room at SFO. :3dglasses

The things you do for a low-miles-"cost" flight!

It sounds like the travel part is going to be an adventure. SFO is a crazy airport. I haven't been there for years. If we fly it is out of Sacramento. Much smaller and less confusing.

I was just looking for DLR trip reports to read for inspiration for our upcoming trip, and look who I found! How fun!

You guys will have fun on your layover, I'm sure. When we were going to WDW in December our flight was delayed 6 hours (supposed to leave at 4:30pm, left at 10:30pm) and we managed to enjoy ourselves once I got past the :furious::furious: stage (wine helped). The kids actually just brought it up the other day, and said it was really fun.

Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Ooh, hadn't thought about a drinkie-poo! :)

OK that sounded way dorkier than it did in my head. Ignore that I just said that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter