• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 4th

We will be there July 2-8!!

This was the ONLY time we could go.

It's going to be hot and crazy busy but I have touring plans (Unofficial Guide, I swear by them) and we will take a break midday to swim and nap.

We usually go the week of July 4th. It's always hot and humid. But if you plan well and take needed breaks you should have a great time! :thumbsup2
We have never been brave (or crazy) enough to venture to the parks on the 4th of July. It's just too crowded.:crowded: We usually use that day as our "off" day. We usually do a nice breakfast at one of the resorts, usually Chef Mickey or Boma, then maybe miniature golf at Winter Summerland, then back to the resort to hang out by the pool. Then we've gone to the Poly to watch the fireworks at MK.

Our family for many years went during the July 4th time. Loved it, yes it's crowded and hot and very humid, but a wonderful time to go. The fireworks on the 4th are amazing. The one thing though is that the MK will probably be closed due to being filled to capacity around noon or so. Sooooo if you have an ADR somewhere in the park for dinner or want to see the fireworks from inside the park, be perpared to stay all day.

Really not that bad on July 4th holiday just be prepare for long lines and take slow. Please be sure drink water and powerade. You need to put salt back into your body.

Take from person that works in the summer hytrare is the key. You should be fine. The hall of presidents is great place to beat the heat and take a nap. Plus nice and cool inside to.

Our family for many years went during the July 4th time. Loved it, yes it's crowded and hot and very humid, but a wonderful time to go. The fireworks on the 4th are amazing. The one thing though is that the MK will probably be closed due to being filled to capacity around noon or so. Sooooo if you have an ADR somewhere in the park for dinner or want to see the fireworks from inside the park, be perpared to stay all day.

Has MK ever closed on JUly 3rd? and if it usually does around what time do you think it would close?

Never thought of making that day a "day off"....we have a breakfast at Chef Mickey's for 9:30....wasn't sure what or where else to head for the day. I am afraid that my kids (DS 6, DD, 2.5) will be overwhelmed with the crowds so I intended to eat back at our hotel that night (Boma)....do you think all the parks will be nuts?:confused:

We've done the 4th several times. I would avoid the MK like the plaque. NOT WORTH IT. Unless, you just want to saunter around and ride a few rides. It is a much better idea to spend the day at the resort and catch a few rays. IF, you must go to a park - I'd pick AK. Not nearly as busy and no fireworks. My wife and I still joke about almost divorcing at MK our very first day ever at WDW. We spent the entire day and didn't get home until around 2 am with 5 & 7 year olds. I'm not kidding if they had a courthouse there, each of us would have paid to get a divorce :rotfl2: Enjoy the day and if at a park, follow the pointers that everyone has posted above.

In 2009 we were at WDW during the 4th. On that day we went to Typhoon Lagoon at rope drop and stayed until early afternoon. We had reservations for the luau at the Poly that evening and got to watch the fireworks from the beach. It was a great day!:thumbsup2

OP and others,

We'll be at the FW Cabins from 6/30-7/8. We're joining in on skipping the parks on the 4th. We've got HDDR reservations for that evening and plan to spend the day hanging around the Fort pool and relaxing.

I'm hoping to have a great time in spite of the heat and crowds!

Good luck!:)

I am soooooooooooo excited! We fly in the 3rd. I plan on doing Epcot the 4th and going to MK early evening on the 3rd for the fire works and extra magical hours.

Maybe we should consider doing a low key 7/3 MK "meet"

Wait together for the fireworks or something?

Some of the kids are around the same age (I'll have my cousin with me- she will be 7)

We spent the day at MK on the 4th a couple of years ago. yes it was crazy busy, but we got there at rope drop and had a good touring plan. we didn't have a wait longer than 20 mins all day with that strategy. The heat that trip was far worse than the crowds. it just saps the life out of you if you go too long without some indoor breaks.

It's going to be hot and crazy busy but I have touring plans (Unofficial Guide, I swear by them) and we will take a break midday to swim and nap.

Keep in mind, on July 4th there is a very high chance that if you leave the parks, you will not get back in in the afternoon/evening. This is one of the seasons that will have parks closing at capacity.

In years past, when Disney had specific "seasons" for room prices, July 5th was always the start of "value season" for the deluxe resorts.

The Armed Forces Salute tickets are blocked out for July 4 for the MK only, and that is the only blockout date at all after the Spring Break period.

They normally run the MK fireworks as a "test" in place of the regular fireworks on July 3.

Best bet is stay out of MK on the 4th, do it on the 3rd. Go to either Epcot or the Studios for the 4th.

Keep in mind, on July 4th there is a very high chance that if you leave the parks, you will not get back in in the afternoon/evening. This is one of the seasons that will have parks closing at capacity.

Thanks, specifically on the 4th I think we will be at the hotel in the afternoon/evening. If anything, we will head over to EPCOT in the afternoon, if it's still open, for Illuminations. If it's at capacity, we will skip 4th of July Illuminations. I'm not depending on it.

We will take breaks mid day- it's July and I will be touring with an 80 year old and a 7 year old. We have no choice for health and sanity reasons (grandma's health, my sanity :rolleyes:).

We go on July 4th almost every year. Thats our shutdown at work, so it is decided for us. We love it. We go to Epcot on the 4th, and avoid MK. Other than that specific day, we don't do anything any differently than we have when we visited at other times of the year. We will be there this year from 7/2-7/11. I can't wait!!!!

We were there in 2008 and watched the "trial run" fireworks on the 3rd- it was packed, but awesome! We spent the 4th at Hollywood Studios and it was perfect- the lines weren't bad at all! I do remember the heat... it was HOT!!!!!

That's when we'll be there too. We are going with my DD and her husband and our granddaughter who will just be 2. I'm pretty sure we won't be spending too much time in any of the parks with a 2 year old in the heat and crowds but it will be fun just the same. I can't wait :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter