• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 4th at the California Grill

PNO4TE

I used to be the DIS Musician and a Jamborini...
I have been reading with interest about the July 4th offering at the CA Grill and wondered if anyone has done this in the past. The food and views described have us considering the pricey $169 per person, but I would like to know more about it from those in the know. Thanks!

Elin

Wow, the price has gone up (or is that with tax?). I believe last year it was $150. How many people do you have? I would rent a pontoon boat and watch the fireworks from the water. We did this last year - they park the boat right between the castle and space mountain - it was amazing! It costs more than a regular fireworks cruise (in fact, I think it's double), but if you're seriously considering CG, I'd do the cruise instead (and bring my own food).

Beachbunny --

The $169 includes both tax and gratuity, and it is apparently $10 more than last year's cost of $159. We have done the pontoon boat in the past and were looking for something different. But thanks for the suggestions! :boat:

Elin

Called about this a week ago. They had no available seating for parties smaller than 6. That doesn't mean they won't have cancellations or start splitting up those big tables if they can't sell them later, though.

Thanks, TDC Nala. Since it would be a party of 2 or 3 I will start looking for other options for certain!

Anyone have thoughts on Narcoosee's for July 4th dinner? What time should we try to book (as if there would be any openings at this late date) :rolleyes:

Elin

Narcoossee's is wonderful for the 4th! The view from the veranda is beautiful and the food is great. We usually had PS for 7:00 so we could enjoy a leisurely dinner (the fireworks are at (9:00), then take a drink out to the veranda. Have a great time!

A little too pricey for me. That s at leat two dinners for the price of one. We will be there on the 4th, having dinner in Epcot and staying for Illuminations.

Don't do it. It was horrible. Not that the food wasn't good - just a big old buffet (was last there 3 or 4 yrs. ago) - not worth the $. Try this restaurant on another evening - it is truly outstanding - food & service.

drusso -- we love the California Grill on other nights too. I was looking for info just as you gave me! We will skip this reastaurant this trip and head to Narcoosee's I think... if there are any available PS left :(

Elin

Narcoosee's is wonderful - so is Citricos - you can then sit by the marina and watch fireworks from there. Have a wonderful trip.

I don't think it's worth the money either! We used to do it. We now spend the 4th in Miami but the nicest WDW July 4th ever was taking a picnic basket to the beach at the POLY with a bottle of wine and relaxing while watching the fireworks. The kids loved being at the beach, we had plenty of snacks and juice boxes for them and any other kids that asked. Another nice beach area to watch is FW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter