July 4, 2013 on the Dream

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

have a great cruise!

We'll be joining you :cool1: Will be our first ever cruise and we are super excited. It'll be me and my DD who will be 9.

Can't wait :cheer2:

Yay Jenn! One of my daughters is 8. :) what cabin are you guys in? We have 5020 and 5022. Im hoping to have enough Disboard members to do a Fish Extender exchange.

We'll be in 5013 :cool1:

This is going to be our amazing summer trip home. I'm from Canada but living and working in Southern Africa (Malawi). We doing WDW for 3 nights, cruise for 3 nights, 1 night in WDW and then we are up to Canada for 5 weeks to see my parents. I'm so excited!

I have to read up on the fish extender thing, I keep seeing references to it but I'm in the dark about it.

Glad to meet some other on the same cruise!

We're 4 rooms away from each other. That's too funny ;)

It's our first cruise too. The Fish Extender is a gift exchange set up with disboard members. Hopefully we will get some more people on our cruise and set something up if we have enough interest.

We're in Michigan. I grew up in Detroit and spent a lot of time in Windsor. Where in Canada are you from? What an amazing experience to work in Malawi. Is your position permanent?

I'm from Halifax, Nova Scotia.

My husband works for UNICEF in the international rotation so we will move to a new country approximately every 4 years. This is our first rotation country, before this we were in Zambia for 10 years. They encourage spouses to be able to work in each country as well since we had to give up our jobs to follow so I'm also working for UNICEF but on shorter contracts. My current one ends the day before we leave for Disney :)

The fish extender thing sounds like fun, I'm sure some others will join us on this cruise. I thought going July 4th would be fun! We spent July 4th last year in Hollywood Studios and watching the fireworks from the Poly beach, it was great!

Only 6 months away. :) How was your Christmas? Does your daughter know you're going on the cruise? We told our kids on Christmas. It was their gift from us. The big guy got credit for everything else lol.
So our count down had begun. I hope we get more DIS members joining us. If not maybe we could arrange something fun for the kids to exchange together.
What are your plans before and after the cruise?
Tabitha.

Christmas was great, quiet but good. My daughter has known about the cruise since November, it was her birthday present. We have a little countdown counter on the computer and we seem to check it often. I think I am as excited as my daughter.

Before the cruise we are doing Disney for 3 days staying at Pop Century and afterwards one more night before we head up to Canada for the summer. Will you be going to WDW as well?

I agree if no one else joins the kids would have fun doing an exchange of some sort. Still early I guess. I thought lots of people would love to spend 4th of July on a cruise :)

We are staying at a condo in Cape Canaveral prior to the cruise and Flying home on a Tuesday was so much cheaper for our family of 6 that we decided to extend the vacation a couple days and stay at the Nick Hotel. No WDW this trip. But we will be back :)

Do you have a facebook? It would be fun to get to know ya before the cruise and if we start a Fish Extender a lot of groups seem to do well with a facebook group page. Here is mine: www.facebook.com/tabithafb

We recently booked our cruise!! This will be our first time on a disney cruise, and we are so excited!! Even better is that our friends booked and are coming with us.

We both want to do the fish extender thing!! Sign us up!! :)

Laura,
Yay!!! :cool1: I'm so happy there are more Disboard people are joining us :) Where are you & your friend's rooms? My family is on the 5th level.

Yay, so excited for our first Disney cruise! I am Laura's friend and we are on the 8th floor. I'll have to look at out #'s but we are next to each other!!!!

Got it :) Now that there are more people I actually started thinking about fun things to get for FE gifts :woohoo:

Same here. We have never done it so I am searching for suggestions! I have found some good stuff on Pinterest so I hope it all turns out good!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter