• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 28, 2007 - Romeancing the Mouse in the Med Cruise Reunion thread!

Which colleges are you looking at?

Sorry I just noticed this, Helen -- the one we know we are visiting is Oxford (my father is an alum) . . . open days are July 1 and 2. We will probably also look at University College London, University of the Arts London, Trinity College Dublin (need euros there!), and perhaps a few others . . .

I plan to get the Wicked tickets from the box office tomorrow and will update everyone on the exact seat placement and cost when I have them!!!

Sorry I just noticed this, Helen -- the one we know we are visiting is Oxford (my father is an alum) . . . open days are July 1 and 2. We will probably also look at University College London, University of the Arts London, Trinity College Dublin (need euros there!), and perhaps a few others . . .

I plan to get the Wicked tickets from the box office tomorrow and will update everyone on the exact seat placement and cost when I have them!!!

What a great time to visit the UK (unlike last year when we did our weekend trip!).....GL with the college search........we are in the "thick" of the grad school search for our second DD.......soon we'll hear which schools have accepted her..........:confused3

Our oldest interned in London last late spring and she interned at Saatchi & Saatchi and JWT.....THAT is the company that hired Tara in NYC....I love London!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :hippie: :hippie: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :cloud9: :love:

What a great time to visit the UK (unlike last year when we did our weekend trip!).....GL with the college search........we are in the "thick" of the grad school search for our second DD.......soon we'll hear which schools have accepted her..........:confused3

Our oldest interned in London last late spring and she interned at Saatchi & Saatchi and JWT.....THAT is the company that hired Tara in NYC....I love London!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :hippie: :hippie: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :cloud9: :love:

I love London, too -- I have been there before in June and the weather is generally very nice:goodvibes

I still can't my head around the fact that I will have a high school senior next year:sad2: but she and I are having a lot of fun doing college research together.

I love London, too -- I have been there before in June and the weather is generally very nice:goodvibes

I still can't my head around the fact that I will have a high school senior next year:sad2: but she and I are having a lot of fun doing college research together.

I agree it's an exciting time!:thumbsup2 :cool1:

I have the tickets!!!

I will PM each of you with details . . . .

Sunday, July 26, 2009 at 3 PM

Orchestra row H, seats 9-21

I have the tickets!!!

I will PM each of you with details . . . .

Sunday, July 26, 2009 at 3 PM

Orchestra row H, seats 9-21

YIPEE! These are fabulous seats!! Too bad Sallie & Jim won't be able to make it. I guess they'll be by Izzi for Josh's Barmitzvah???

Can't wait!!!!

YIPEE! These are fabulous seats!! Too bad Sallie & Jim won't be able to make it. I guess they'll be by Izzi for Josh's Barmitzvah???

Can't wait!!!!

I can't wait either! I think Sallie wasn't sure when they would get back from the bar mitzvah so she told Helen she couldn't commit to it now. If it turns out they can, they could either just meet us for lunch or dinner (I don't think we ever decided for sure which we are doing), or even just get two seats elsewhere in the theater as well as eating with us . . .

Sounds good to me! See you all this weekend!:goodvibes

I can't wait either! I think Sallie wasn't sure when they would get back from the bar mitzvah so she told Helen she couldn't commit to it now. If it turns out they can, they could either just meet us for lunch or dinner (I don't think we ever decided for sure which we are doing), or even just get two seats elsewhere in the theater as well as eating with us . . .

Thats right - Sallie did not know what her return flight would be so she couldn;t commit to the theatre. She did say to keep her informed of our other plans and she will join us if she is back.

I am so looking forward to this

so what should we do about food?:rolleyes1
:grouphug: :grouphug:

Thats right - Sallie did not know what her return flight would be so she couldn;t commit to the theatre. She did say to keep her informed of our other plans and she will join us if she is back.

I am so looking forward to this

so what should we do about food?:rolleyes1
:grouphug: :grouphug:

Once I know how many people we have we will talk about it some more -- there is a private room at an Italian restaurant in the theatre district but I need to see what the minimum number is . . .OR we could go with something super-touristy like Tavern on the Green, followed by carriage rides in Central Park! Helen, you are the "boss" for this trip -- what appeals to you?

:cheer2: Happy Pancake Day:cheer2:

oh just thought - do you guys celebrate pancake day?

This is what we d0

http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/shrove.html

Our pancakes are differernt to the ones you have for breakfast they are more like a crepe. I love lemon juice and sugar sprinkled on mine xx

We belong to an Episcopal (Anglican) church, so it is fairly similar -- we have a Shrove Tuesday party tonight with pancakes and other goodies before burning our Palm Sunday crosses from last year at the end of the party to make the ashes for tomorrow's Ash Wednesday service . . .

However, I did live in New Orleans for 4 years to go to graduate school. and Mardi Gras is an entirely different affair!;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

:cheer2: Happy Pancake Day:cheer2:

oh just thought - do you guys celebrate pancake day?

This is what we d0

http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/shrove.html

Our pancakes are differernt to the ones you have for breakfast they are more like a crepe. I love lemon juice and sugar sprinkled on mine xx

Wow, that is so interesting. We're Catholic so we call it "FAT" Tuesday because we'll be fasting on Fridays in Lent (no meat) so we fill up on all the goodies today! In fact, our school had a Mardi Gras celebration today and had lunch for the faculty and gave Starburst candies to each student. Most students give up candy for Lent so the idea is that if they fill up on it today, it will hold them until Easter. Students were all dressed up in Mardi Gras colors and streamers. It was a lot of fun.

Once I know how many people we have we will talk about it some more -- there is a private room at an Italian restaurant in the theatre district but I need to see what the minimum number is . . .OR we could go with something super-touristy like Tavern on the Green, followed by carriage rides in Central Park! Helen, you are the "boss" for this trip -- what appeals to you?

We belong to an Episcopal (Anglican) church, so it is fairly similar -- we have a Shrove Tuesday party tonight with pancakes and other goodies before burning our Palm Sunday crosses from last year at the end of the party to make the ashes for tomorrow's Ash Wednesday service . . .

However, I did live in New Orleans for 4 years to go to graduate school. and Mardi Gras is an entirely different affair!;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Traditions are so interesting. How sheltered I've been. In 51 yrs. I've never heard pancakes today at all. :confused3

Excellent suggestions, Julie. But I agree, Helen, it's up to you. It all sounds wonderful!

Helen, got your package today! Thank you very much! Sent you a PM . . .

Special thx to the friendship of Harole Ann and Garry, who we met while traveling on the special Med cruise of 2007........Harole Ann and her family are in our prayers during this difficult time due to the sudden loss of Garry this week.............:grouphug:

Hi everyone,

The news about Garry is terribly sad. They were wonderful together and so much fun. My heart goes out to Harole Ann and her family. Our prayers are with them. Gerry and I were just looking at the cruise scrapbook on Sunday evening and talking about the great time we had with Harole Ann and Garry and Jan and Howie. It was quite a shock to receive her email the very next morning.

Does anyone have Harole Ann's address. Please send a private message if you do. I had it but of course can't find it now.

Sandra

Hi everyone,

The news about Garry is terribly sad. They were wonderful together and so much fun. My heart goes out to Harole Ann and her family. Our prayers are with them. Gerry and I were just looking at the cruise scrapbook on Sunday evening and talking about the great time we had with Harole Ann and Garry and Jan and Howie. It was quite a shock to receive her email the very next morning.

Does anyone have Harole Ann's address. Please send a private message if you do. I had it but of course can't find it now.

Sandra

Yes I'd like to send Harole Ann and her family a card as well if someone could PM her address to me

I have her email and sent her an email as soon as I heard . . . maybe MaryAnn has her address? If not, at some point I could email her again and ask for the address . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter