• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 28, 2007 - Romeancing the Mouse in the Med Cruise Reunion thread!

Hey Maryann, you've got to get ready for the trip out west! How do you pack for that?:lovestruc

Very lightly. We're only allowed one bag on Quest for the west. We just missed United charging $15 per bag. Pretty soon we'll be vacationing in our b'day suits! It will be too expensive to transport clothing:scared1: :rolleyes1

Very lightly. We're only allowed one bag on Quest for the west. We just missed United charging $15 per bag. Pretty soon we'll be vacationing in our b'day suits! It will be too expensive to transport clothing:scared1: :rolleyes1
That's a bummer, what I'm wondering is.....do you pack jeans for horseback riding? Is there a place to swim there? It must be pretty warm, I would imagine. Is there a washing machine? Sorry for the inquisition, I'm just curious.:confused3

That's a bummer, what I'm wondering is.....do you pack jeans for horseback riding? Is there a place to swim there? It must be pretty warm, I would imagine. Is there a washing machine? Sorry for the inquisition, I'm just curious.:confused3

The warmest the weather gets is low 80's during the day and down in the 40's at night. They recommend long pants most days and closed toed shoes. They said to bring a pair of shorts and a rain jacket. We figured as we are both 50 this year, this is the time to do this kind of trip. Who knows how much longer these old bones can white water raft and climb mountains!:sick:

The warmest the weather gets is low 80's during the day and down in the 40's at night. They recommend long pants most days and closed toed shoes. They said to bring a pair of shorts and a rain jacket. We figured as we are both 50 this year, this is the time to do this kind of trip. Who knows how much longer these old bones can white water raft and climb mountains!:sick:
Oh cool, I've always wanted to white water raft.......that could be exciting! It sounds like you'll be hiking too! Very cool!:thumbsup2

Last day of school is Tuesday!!! Yipee!!!:banana: :banana:

Last day of school is Tuesday!!! Yipee!!!:banana: :banana:

Ditto!

My DD18 was supposed to graduate today and it was postponed so I get to leave alittle early and go to graduation..............and that will be the end of this school year........how cool is that!!:moped:

Hi everyone,

I've missed so much but thought I'd stop in for a quick note. I haven't read the past posts other than this page.

Maryann, I'm sorry to hear your mom isn't well but I'm glad to know that you will still be able to take your vacation this summer. Having someone else living in your house, the aide, can be difficult but the peace of mind is worth it. I'm not 50 yet but horseback riding, whitewater rafting and hiking do not sound like my kind of vacation:confused3 . I'll stick to cruising.

Harole Ann, I'll be praying for Garry. It sounds like he's finally recovered from his mishap last fall. You must be so looking forward to your family cruise coming soon.

Joann, you sound very busy with graduation and kids returning home. How does graduation get postponed? Just curious.

Helen, I'd go crazy if school went until July 18th:eek: Our last day was 6/12 for students and 6/13 for staff. We have to go back for a year in review meeting and then out to lunch before we say goodbye for the summer.

We are done with school/work for this year:cool1: . This year just flew by! But these last 2 weeks have been outrageously busy.

Gerry gave me a digital picture frame for Mother's Day and I have the Med cruise pictures in it running all of the time. What great memories it brings back. How I wish we were going back this summer.

We are still booked for Royal Caribbean out of Boston on Oct 18 5 nights to Canada for our 10th anniversary and next April from Bayonne, NJ to the Eastern Caribbean, 9 nights. We even convinced my parents to come with us. They wouldn't consider it if they had to fly but we can drive to NJ and skip the hassle of air travel and limited suitcases etc... I am so excited for them to come with us. We'll have a great time.

I'll try to check back in more often now that school is out. But I have a lot of catching up to do. My house hasn't been cleaned in too long. There are so many things to catch up on.

Sandra

Hi everyone,

I've missed so much but thought I'd stop in for a quick note. I haven't read the past posts other than this page.

Maryann, I'm sorry to hear your mom isn't well but I'm glad to know that you will still be able to take your vacation this summer. Having someone else living in your house, the aide, can be difficult but the peace of mind is worth it. I'm not 50 yet but horseback riding, whitewater rafting and hiking do not sound like my kind of vacation:confused3 . I'll stick to cruising.

Harole Ann, I'll be praying for Garry. It sounds like he's finally recovered from his mishap last fall. You must be so looking forward to your family cruise coming soon.

Joann, you sound very busy with graduation and kids returning home. How does graduation get postponed? Just curious.

Helen, I'd go crazy if school went until July 18th:eek: Our last day was 6/12 for students and 6/13 for staff. We have to go back for a year in review meeting and then out to lunch before we say goodbye for the summer.

We are done with school/work for this year:cool1: . This year just flew by! But these last 2 weeks have been outrageously busy.

Gerry gave me a digital picture frame for Mother's Day and I have the Med cruise pictures in it running all of the time. What great memories it brings back. How I wish we were going back this summer.

We are still booked for Royal Caribbean out of Boston on Oct 18 5 nights to Canada for our 10th anniversary and next April from Bayonne, NJ to the Eastern Caribbean, 9 nights. We even convinced my parents to come with us. They wouldn't consider it if they had to fly but we can drive to NJ and skip the hassle of air travel and limited suitcases etc... I am so excited for them to come with us. We'll have a great time.

I'll try to check back in more often now that school is out. But I have a lot of catching up to do. My house hasn't been cleaned in too long. There are so many things to catch up on.

Sandra

OMG, it's so great to hear from you! I think at this point we're all reliving last year, when our trip was getting closer and we were reading all the posts we could before our trip!

Graduation was postponed b/c it was scheduled for our HS stadium and dangerous lightning storms were predicted for our area.

Perhaps, we will all reunite in 2010 when DCL will send another trip to the Med.

There is also a possible DISmeet in NYC this summer........can you make it?:thumbsup2

Sandra,

HELLO!!!!!! It is so weird but when I got the email of a new posting to our thread, it popped into my head that I wonder how Sandra and Gerry are doing, we haven't heard from them in sooooo long. How about that!!!!

So glad to hear from you and that all is well. Are you sure we couldn't tempt you to reschedule one of your cruises to the Magic next summer. A bunch of us are going on the Tortola cruise Eastern Carribbean on July 18, 2009. We'd love for you to join us.

JoAnn mentioned a DIS meet in NYC this summer. The date is still pending but keep in touch. Maybe it will work out that you can join us.

Maryann

Sandra,

HELLO!!!!!! It is so weird but when I got the email of a new posting to our thread, it popped into my head that I wonder how Sandra and Gerry are doing, we haven't heard from them in sooooo long. How about that!!!!

So glad to hear from you and that all is well. Are you sure we couldn't tempt you to reschedule one of your cruises to the Magic next summer. A bunch of us are going on the Tortola cruise Eastern Carribbean on July 18, 2009. We'd love for you to join us.

JoAnn mentioned a DIS meet in NYC this summer. The date is still pending but keep in touch. Maybe it will work out that you can join us.

Maryann
I can only confirm that we are trying to meet, my oldest DD will be there until mid-September at least so, it might be better to meet once all our vacations are over before school starts in late August. I'm afraid to commit b/c we have a lot coming up this summer. But hopefully, Sandra and Gerry could drive down? Yes, come with us to Tortola next summer, Sandra!!!

Hey, didn't you have a baby recently in your family? How's it going?:cloud9:

Also, Maryann, how's things with your mom?:hug:

JoAnn,

You let us locals know when is best to meet. You have to travel; we're just a train (or walk, right Julie?) away. If you want to wait until late Aug/Sept. that's fine.

Well, the honeymoon is over with my mom. Her moods were in full swing this AM. The aide hasn't wanted to give her the AM dose of her bipolar pill because it made her a little sleepy, but today the aide said maybe we should give it to her today. No kidding!!!!! She'll get the hang of my mom's moods. Just glad I have help. I don't know how I did without it. Can't go back to that again. I haven't been grinding my teeth and waking up DH plus I feel better. There is a special job for everyone and being a nursemaid is not mine.

JoAnn,

You let us locals know when is best to meet. You have to travel; we're just a train (or walk, right Julie?) away. If you want to wait until late Aug/Sept. that's fine.

Well, the honeymoon is over with my mom. Her moods were in full swing this AM. The aide hasn't wanted to give her the AM dose of her bipolar pill because it made her a little sleepy, but today the aide said maybe we should give it to her today. No kidding!!!!! She'll get the hang of my mom's moods. Just glad I have help. I don't know how I did without it. Can't go back to that again. I haven't been grinding my teeth and waking up DH plus I feel better. There is a special job for everyone and being a nursemaid is not mine.

Sorry that things have been so tough with your mom, MaryAnn, but the aide sounds like a wonderful idea.

As for us and a mini-meet, we are gone July 5-19, and then again August 9-Sept 10 . . . if you do it some other time I will definitely be there, and if you need to do it while we are gone, I will see you next time!:love: :love: :love: :love:

Sorry that things have been so tough with your mom, MaryAnn, but the aide sounds like a wonderful idea.

As for us and a mini-meet, we are gone July 5-19, and then again August 9-Sept 10 . . . if you do it some other time I will definitely be there, and if you need to do it while we are gone, I will see you next time!:love: :love: :love: :love:

We'll also be away and have things on different weekends. It might be easier for everyone to do a Fall Dis mini-meet. Vacations will be over by then. What do you think fellow Dis'ers?

We'll also be away and have things on different weekends. It might be easier for everyone to do a Fall Dis mini-meet. Vacations will be over by then. What do you think fellow Dis'ers?

Autumn is beautiful in New York, as you know, and if we wait until late September or early October, the late summer heat should be gone, too . . .

As hot as we were last week, we now have turned cool:confused3 . Who knows what will come next?

It was nice to hear from Sandra again. I know all too well what the end of the school year is like for everyone. I just went to lunch with everyone I worked with to celebrate that "it is over":banana:

Maryann, I am so glad you have help with your mother. No one can do everything and don't let yourself think that you can.

JoAnn, hope you had a wonderful graduation and a great party!:dance3:

Here is a picture to make you laugh:rotfl: Princess Jasmine turns two!

DSC00198.jpg

Autumn is beautiful in New York, as you know, and if we wait until late September or early October, the late summer heat should be gone, too . . .

This sounds like a good plan to me. We have a lot ahead of us this summer, and it is too booked already. It sounds like we all have some vacays to look forward to! Julie, we need a full trip report after you sail with Andrew and Lynn again! ::yes::

Princess Jasmine looks cute in her Bday picture!!:cloud9:

This sounds like a good plan to me. We have a lot ahead of us this summer, and it is too booked already. It sounds like we all have some vacays to look forward to! Julie, we need a full trip report after you sail with Andrew and Lynn again! ::yes::

Princess Jasmine looks cute in her Bday picture!!:cloud9:

Don't forget Laura will be on, too! I will be sure to spill the beans on everyone.

Princess Jasmine is adorable!

Fall in NY is beautiful, Julie. A Fall DIS mini meet is fine with me, too.

Harole Ann,

Princess Jasmine looks like a real sweetie! Is she as nice as she looks? Some little dogs have sweet little faces, but bite first.:scared1:

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Anyone have plans for the 4th?

Hi all,

I'm busy recovering as I've had a bad case of food poisioning this week and am on anti-biotics. It was so not good being unable to eat! I am now on small portions thankfully, but reading the dis and people talking about Palo hasn't helped :rolleyes1

We've still got 4 weeks left at school - and its busier than ever. I am so looking forward to the summer.

Dave is working away for the next week and a bit. He is on the Isle of Lewis which is an island off the top of Scotland - about as remote as you can get! So its just me and the dogs.

Hope all is well with everyone

Thinking of you all - Hope you all have a good 4th July- Thats will smith's day isn;t it:rotfl:

x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter