• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 28, 2007 - Romeancing the Mouse in the Med Cruise Reunion thread!

Our first grandchild arrived this afternoon at 12:01pm.:cool1:
Her name is Colleen (middle name hasn't been decided yet)
7lbs 12 oz Baby, Mom and Dad are fine.

We won't get to see her until tomorrow as they don't want visitors today. Amy has been in labor since Friday night so she is quite exhausted.

congratulations

Best wishes ,glad all are safe
take care x

:wave2: Helen - I really enjoyed your pictures of your holiday with your mom. I've thought of you plenty of times in the last couple of times and I even glimpsed some pictures of you here and there. I am going to have to see about posting some pictures for you guys again. Seeing as how we lost those on the old thread.

Hope all is going well with you and your hubby and I hope that we get to sail sometime soon in the future. BTW, remember that night at the Monte Carlo - DH ended up making about 1000 euros. He just didn't want me to say anything in case no one else won. LOL - ended up spending it all in Paris so alas - it stayed in Europe - but ah!!!! the memories will last a lifetime.

Here's one of my favorite - in fact - it was my Christmas Card.

08-04-2007-LaSpezia240.jpg

And this one needs no introduction - remember this day - so hot and humid!

08-02-2007-Rome100.jpg

Another view- this was misleading - the people were knee-deep in line.

08-02-2007-Rome094.jpg

OMG Julie - I never sent you your pictures - did I? I'm so sorry - did you still want them. I'll post it here. Gosh - I'm so :blush:

CastawayCayPubNite001.jpg

and your other dd - Hook right? :

CastawayCayPubNite002.jpg

And this one I think is one of the cupolas in St. Peter's Basilica I think.

08-02-2007-Rome238.jpg

One view of the Sistene Chapel:

08-02-2007-Rome383.jpg

A few of you may have gotten this one onthe cruise!

You know - I feel like killing myself for not insisting on getting some decent image stabilizers lenses. I finally got them and used them for my dd's soccer season. The last images turned out fantastic. Had I realized how priceless some of the shots would have come out - like some of the images in St. Peter's Basillica and the Sisten Chapel - I'd have gotten more shots than I already did.

For Christmas - I was lucky enough to invest in some rather decent lenses and so now I guess that I have to hope that DCL will repeat this itinerary so that I can redo this and retake these shots all over again with my new lenses.

Gosh - that made me sound spoiled rotten didn't it? Well, I didn't mean it - I was just thinking of the wonderful opportunites I missed because I was afraid to spend the $$ on some decent lenses. Oh well, that's in the past for now - I'll spend more time uploading more of my shots if you guys want. Just let me know if you want me too.

A couple for the road - this is Grace Kelly's grave I think - its either hers or Prince Rainers.

08-09-2007-Paris057.jpg

This is a close-up shot of a tapestry - I believe its pretty close to 1000 years old. It was in one of the only air-conditioned rooms in the Vatican Museum.

08-02-2007-Rome330.jpg

This is the 2nd time I posted this - I lost the other post - anyway, this is the last hallway before entry into the Sistene Chapel.

08-02-2007-Rome373.jpg

And one last ceiling shot of the Vatican long hallways

08-02-2007-Rome430.jpg

Some images of the gifts presented to the Pope over the years. By this time -I was probably about a football field length away from the guide and so I missed the moon rock and other items and explanations.

08-02-2007-Rome425.jpg

How could I have forgotten Pompeii? SIGH! I was on :cloud9: heaven.

Shot of the Basillica (sorta a judicial courthouse/business center)

07-31-2007-Naples-Italy036.jpg

Oh Laura,

I was enjoying the pics so much. Keep them coming!!!!!!!!!

Thank you. Those wonderful memories are exactly what I need about now.:cloud9:

Laura,
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Your photos are beautiful. And the memories flood back with each one.

Now I will attempt to post a few photos of our new (and first) grandchild. I know I' biased but she is beautiful.

Colleen3.jpg

ColleenandSandra.jpg

colleenandgrandpa.jpg

Wow, what a day of great pics.......thank you, Laura for the fabulous memories......was I on that trip, I don't have any of the pics that you got!:cool1: :thumbsup2

And Sandra and Gerry, so glad to see you both and thanks for the shots of your beautiful GD.....profuse congratulations!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes How totally exciting!!!!!!!!

Laura,
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Your photos are beautiful. And the memories flood back with each one.

Now I will attempt to post a few photos of our new (and first) grandchild. I know I' biased but she is beautiful.

Colleen3.jpg

ColleenandSandra.jpg

colleenandgrandpa.jpg

Wow, what a day of great pics.......thank you, Laura for the fabulous memories......was I on that trip, I don't have any of the pics that you got!:cool1: :thumbsup2

And Sandra and Gerry, so glad to see you both and thanks for the shots of your beautiful GD.....profuse congratulations!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes How totally exciting!!!!!!!!

Thanks JoAnn!

Lovely, lovely pictures - the look on your face Sandra - you must be on :cloud9: . I hope that you and Gerry enjoy your new grandbaby! :banana: :banana:

Here is a shot of the newly opened bath house in Pompeii. It is all cleaned up and open to the public. I loved viewing it and was amazed at the clarity - this fountain was in the "steam room" and was feed with cool water.

Just amazing to realize this was covered up since 79 A.D.!

I touched it and it was cold. Very refreshing - Pompeii was sticky hot and so sunny - I hated to get out of the bath house.

07-31-2007-Naples-Italy107.jpg

Ok here's a few more from Pompeii - I missed one thing, if anyone has any pictures of it, I would love to have some - The amphitheater. Our tour guide said it was closed but found out later that it was viewable.

Anyway, Naples was hot, very hot and very little shade. Here is a shot of the Pompeii Main Entrance - the one on the left was for pedestrian traffic and the one on the right was for carriages. This was originally one of four entrances to Pompeii and was originally more of a business/working class entrance. Also, Pompeii was originally adjacent to the sea - today it is about 2 miles away thanks to the eruption.

07-31-2007-Naples-Italy019.jpg

I was totally shocked at the depth of the stones. Almost 1900 years later! The spaces in the stones was to allow the carriages/chariots to pass through.

07-31-2007-Naples-Italy032.jpg

Here is the main forum with Mt. Vesuvus in the background - I was never so jealous of a sprinkler as I was that morning! :rotfl:

07-31-2007-Naples-Italy056.jpg

Some more of my Pompeii pictures - sorry if these coming up are a bit gruesome - but just wanted to post some to remind of the severity/solemnity of Pompeii:

Body cast sample in Pompeii:

07-31-2007-Naples-Italy073.jpg

Close up of bottom half- it was assumed by the belt that this was a higher class person. Not a working servant - I believe. I'll have to double check my notes.

07-31-2007-Naples-Italy075.jpg

Close-up of a face in agony:

07-31-2007-Naples-Italy074.jpg

"Modern day" welcome mat -

07-31-2007-Naples-Italy144.jpg

Example of wall art - this sample was shaded and tucked away in a corner. Notice the stones underneath - many walls were removed to a museum for prosperity sakes.

07-31-2007-Naples-Italy078.jpg

This was placed at the house entrance - believed to be a warning to would-be thieves that the house had guard dogs -thus name of the villa - House of the Dog.

07-31-2007-Naples-Italy114.jpg

chariot wheel ruts:

07-31-2007-Naples-Italy117.jpg

House of the Faun believed to be the largest private residence - about the size of city block - very big for that time.

07-31-2007-Naples-Italy121.jpg

Ruins of Modestum's Bakery: Provided one of the better examples of preservation s/a loaves of bread. Very interesting

07-31-2007-Naples-Italy157.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter