• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 28, 2007 - Romeancing the Mouse in the Med Cruise Reunion thread!

Sorry guys I couldn't resist that :lmao:

Yes I'm back from Tunisia!:beach:

I had a lovely holiday with my mam. The weather was a lot better than in the uk:thumbsup2
The hotel we stayed in was lovely and it had the most amazing ceilings and decorations. My mam and I made friends with a large group of people and we had a laugh every night.

The one thing that was uncomfortable was the amount of men trying to get you into their shop or cafe. They would all stand outside and shout at you whilst you were walking in the street. Also you would have them trying to put scarfs or beads on you and demand money. I was ok with it -my mam said I had my cross teacher stare on - but my mam found it very stressful . Saying that though it did not spoil the holiday.

I've included some photos of our holiday.

This was the ceiling and light in the reception of the hotel - I loved it
PICT0048.jpg

PICT0001-3.jpg

My mam relaxing

PICT0002-1.jpg

The beach @ Port el Kantaoui

PICT0027.jpg

PICT0022-1.jpg

Off on a walk
PICT0012.jpg

Going in for dinner
PICT0060-1.jpg

Hope you are all well

Got to get back to the unpacking and washing !:laundy:

Take care
xxHelen xx
I don't like haggling at all! It looks like you had a wonderful trip, how fancy!! Welcome back!:wave2:

Sorry guys I couldn't resist that :lmao:

Yes I'm back from Tunisia!:beach:

I had a lovely holiday with my mam. The weather was a lot better than in the uk:thumbsup2
The hotel we stayed in was lovely and it had the most amazing ceilings and decorations. My mam and I made friends with a large group of people and we had a laugh every night.

The one thing that was uncomfortable was the amount of men trying to get you into their shop or cafe. They would all stand outside and shout at you whilst you were walking in the street. Also you would have them trying to put scarfs or beads on you and demand money. I was ok with it -my mam said I had my cross teacher stare on - but my mam found it very stressful . Saying that though it did not spoil the holiday.

I've included some photos of our holiday.

Hope you are all well

Got to get back to the unpacking and washing !:laundy:

Take care
xxHelen xx

So beautiful there, Helen! Glad you had such a good holiday with your mother.

Bummer.......we would love to sail again with you guys.......I was checking out the Navigators to see what we could do in a 4 day......the sad part is that last year we had 11............:confused3

Funny you should say that about the 4 day cruise, because Jan and I were just saying how the 7 day cruise would seem short to us after the 11 day! I guess we all got spoiled, and it was easy!:lmao:

Jan and Howie became grandparents for the third time February 11th with the arrival of a granddaughter-Hannah. They now have two granddaughters and one grandson. Jan's daughter-in-law has sent me pictures and she is a beauty!:goodvibes

Helen, your pictures are wonderful. So good to see you again. My grandson Nathan never forgets anything and when I showed him our vacation pictures and said "This is Helen". His reply was, "You mean Ding Chicken?":lmao: A mind like a steel trap! This is the fourteen year old! They always amaze me!

Funny you should say that about the 4 day cruise, because Jan and I were just saying how the 7 day cruise would seem short to us after the 11 day! I guess we all got spoiled, and it was easy!:lmao:

Jan and Howie became grandparents for the third time February 11th with the arrival of a granddaughter-Hannah. They now have two granddaughters and one grandson. Jan's daughter-in-law has sent me pictures and she is a beauty!:goodvibes

Helen, your pictures are wonderful. So good to see you again. My grandson Nathan never forgets anything and when I showed him our vacation pictures and said "This is Helen". His reply was, "You mean Ding Chicken?":lmao: A mind like a steel trap! This is the fourteen year old! They always amaze me!
Wow, how wonderful for Jan and her family. Send her regards from us, you can tell I'm ready for a few! It's not in the cards for a while......I'm shooting for about 5 years!! :goodvibes When are you and Jan traveling again??

About the 4day.....it's all we can squeeze in this summer with our youngest DD off to college...........the older two are coming back from Europe in late June/early July and I'm visiting Germany in March.......complicated year......exciting for the girls of course!!:woohoo:

What's everyone else doing for Spring Break this year???:dance3:

What's everyone else doing for Spring Break this year???:dance3:

The girls have the last two weeks of March off . . . the first week they are going to Boston to be with my sister and her husband . . . then they are back for Easter. The day after Easter we leave for WDW . . . Poly for 3 nights, BWI for 3 nights . . .:goodvibes

The girls have the last two weeks of March off . . . the first week they are going to Boston to be with my sister and her husband . . . then they are back for Easter. The day after Easter we leave for WDW . . . Poly for 3 nights, BWI for 3 nights . . .:goodvibes
Sounds great!! We went to WDW two years ago on SB.........have a blast!

Another question....................We are trying to decide between WDW and US for our before the 4day trip. Anyone stay at Royal Pacific or Portofino at US............I'm leaning toward Portofino b/c of the Italian influence........

Sounds great!! We went to WDW two years ago on SB.........have a blast!

Another question....................We are trying to decide between WDW and US for our before the 4day trip. Anyone stay at Royal Pacific or Portofino at US............I'm leaning toward Portofino b/c of the Italian influence........

I stayed at Portofino a few years ago and it was a LOVELY hotel . . . really as nice or even nicer than most WDW deluxe hotels . . . we stayed at Hard Rock another time and liked the ambiance but it wasn't as nice in general . . . but we never stated at Royal Pacific. Really, I can't praise Portofino enough, though.

I stayed at Portofino a few years ago and it was a LOVELY hotel . . . really as nice or even nicer than most WDW deluxe hotels . . . we stayed at Hard Rock another time and liked the ambiance but it wasn't as nice in general . . . but we never stated at Royal Pacific. Really, I can't praise Portofino enough, though.
Ok great.......that's how I'm leaning........we also stayed at HRC and I wasn't as impressed as I'd thought I'd be.......I've heard the rooms are larger at Portofino and there might be 5 of us...........

We need to hear how Maryann and Sandra's trips were......updates, please!:banana:

Hi, We got back late Saturday. Our luggage is supposed to arrive tonight. We'll believe it when we see it. There were lots of delays because of a snow storm in the NE on Friday. The airports were a nightmare.

The cruise was incredible. The best yet. Only better than the Med because we had the kids with us and weren't worried about how they were doing. We had Roberto and Gerry for servers and they were the best. Corinna in Palo was wonderful as always. We are sorry to hear that she is leaving in a few months to spend time with her husband and maybe have a child. Great for them but sorry to see her go. Also, Paul the Pubmaster is leaving the cruise industry. We really got to be friends with him on the Med cruise and picked up again on this last cruise. We will miss him.

We had side by side rooms on the 6th floor just above the "secret deck" on 7. We ordered room service and ate out there a few times it's like having a private verandah for a fraction of the price.

Daniel loved the Stack. He connected with a group of friends right away and we hardly saw him for the rest of the cruise. Lilly had a harder time. THe stack is more for the older teens 15-17 and the Oceaneer lab and club are for kids up to 12 so there really isn't much for the 13 and 14 year olds and Lilly isn't too outgoing anyway. They do have the Ocean Quest but it is only open for her age group 2- 3 hours per day. She spent a lot of time with us.

We did the Butterfly farm excursion in St. Maarten and did the skyride on our own in St. Thomas. both were excellent. When we were in St. Thomas, Lilly, who is a budding artist, started a conversation with a local artist who had a booth selling her artwork. She was great and gave Lilly a watercolor painting lesson and spent quite a bit of time with her. It made for a special memory for all of us.

Having the rooms next to each other but not connected turned out to be fine. The kids were great. All of my worrying was for nothing. As usual!

We had Brunch, Tea and dinner at Palo. And enjoyed every minute of each meal. The food and service is incredible. Ciao Romano and Corinna both were so excited to see us. It's like seeing old friends.

Harole Ann, we saw Mariano, who has been promoted to server. He's doing great. He was waiting on the tables next to ours.

The character breakfast was not as much fun as it used to be because the characters didn't come to each table. There was a family next to us who were there on a Make a Wish trip with their 4 kids. The little boy was disabled. IT was so nice to see the characters each go over to him and make a fuss also the servers and head servers were very attentive. They had a great time.

Well, that's the highlights. IT's been tough getting back to work and school. Daniel and I have been sick and as I mentioned we still don't have all of our luggage so that has been stressful. I wasn't too organized when I packed to come home so we don't know what is in which suitcase it's a surprise each time one shows up.:confused3

Well now I have to pay the bills and figure out how we can afford to go on another cruise. I'm addicted.

I forgot to mention.

Harole Ann, Please give our congratulations to Jan and Howie. Also, how is Garry? I haven't had a chance to catch up on the posts I'll go back and see if there is an update.

MaryAnn, How was the WDW trip? Has anyone heard from her?

Helen, your trip sounds great. I'd love to go away with my Mom for a week. we might be able to finish a sentance without an interruption.

Our daughter Amy is due in 3 weeks and is on bedrest. She is diabetic and they are concerned for her health. She has to go to the hospital 4-5 times per week to monitor her condition and they aren't expecting her to go full term so we could be grandparents any day.

Hi, We got back late Saturday. Our luggage is supposed to arrive tonight. We'll believe it when we see it. There were lots of delays because of a snow storm in the NE on Friday. The airports were a nightmare.

The cruise was incredible. The best yet. Only better than the Med because we had the kids with us and weren't worried about how they were doing. We had Roberto and Gerry for servers and they were the best. Corinna in Palo was wonderful as always. We are sorry to hear that she is leaving in a few months to spend time with her husband and maybe have a child. Great for them but sorry to see her go. Also, Paul the Pubmaster is leaving the cruise industry. We really got to be friends with him on the Med cruise and picked up again on this last cruise. We will miss him.

We had side by side rooms on the 6th floor just above the "secret deck" on 7. We ordered room service and ate out there a few times it's like having a private verandah for a fraction of the price.

Daniel loved the Stack. He connected with a group of friends right away and we hardly saw him for the rest of the cruise. Lilly had a harder time. THe stack is more for the older teens 15-17 and the Oceaneer lab and club are for kids up to 12 so there really isn't much for the 13 and 14 year olds and Lilly isn't too outgoing anyway. They do have the Ocean Quest but it is only open for her age group 2- 3 hours per day. She spent a lot of time with us.

We did the Butterfly farm excursion in St. Maarten and did the skyride on our own in St. Thomas. both were excellent. When we were in St. Thomas, Lilly, who is a budding artist, started a conversation with a local artist who had a booth selling her artwork. She was great and gave Lilly a watercolor painting lesson and spent quite a bit of time with her. It made for a special memory for all of us.

Having the rooms next to each other but not connected turned out to be fine. The kids were great. All of my worrying was for nothing. As usual!

We had Brunch, Tea and dinner at Palo. And enjoyed every minute of each meal. The food and service is incredible. Ciao Romano and Corinna both were so excited to see us. It's like seeing old friends.

Harole Ann, we saw Mariano, who has been promoted to server. He's doing great. He was waiting on the tables next to ours.

The character breakfast was not as much fun as it used to be because the characters didn't come to each table. There was a family next to us who were there on a Make a Wish trip with their 4 kids. The little boy was disabled. IT was so nice to see the characters each go over to him and make a fuss also the servers and head servers were very attentive. They had a great time.

Well, that's the highlights. IT's been tough getting back to work and school. Daniel and I have been sick and as I mentioned we still don't have all of our luggage so that has been stressful. I wasn't too organized when I packed to come home so we don't know what is in which suitcase it's a surprise each time one shows up.:confused3

Well now I have to pay the bills and figure out how we can afford to go on another cruise. I'm addicted.
Wow, great report......I feel like I went (except that the weather was freezing around here last week!)......yes there was a snowstorm last Friday, worse in your area........hope the luggage comes soon..........at least you lost it on the way home not on the way there!

Loved hearing about the Eastern ports.......we haven't been back since about 2004 to St. Thomas! We're going next summer to the Tortola cruise in July (sign on!).......glad your family had fun.........welcome home!:banana:

I forgot to mention.

Harole Ann, Please give our congratulations to Jan and Howie. Also, how is Garry? I haven't had a chance to catch up on the posts I'll go back and see if there is an update.

Helen, your trip sounds great. I'd love to go away with my Mom for a week. we might be able to finish a sentance without an interruption.

Our daughter Amy is due in 3 weeks and is on bedrest. She is diabetic and they are concerned for her health. She has to go to the hospital 4-5 times per week to monitor her condition and they aren't expecting her to go full term so we could be grandparents any day.
Best wishes on your new grandchild!:grouphug:

I forgot to mention.

Glad you had such a wonderful cruise! Let us know when you become a grandmother!:lovestruc

Hi everyone,
found you. I was wondering what happened to the thread. Update on me:
Spent January in Missoula for work, it was cold and snowy.
End of January, beginning of February, my 12 year old dog has been really sick. Spent a few days in the hospital several times. They can't figure out whats wrong with her. She keeps vomiting. I just got her back last nite again. Crossing my fingers that she doesn't vomit anymore.
I finally got my Med cruise pictures printed. How bad is that. I had over 600 pictures! Going to a scrapbooking retreat this weekend, so I can work on the Med cruise but I'm so disorganized.
Went to the agility competition this last weekend, my boy aussie did fantastic. Several 1st places, he was just a good boy.
Someone here at work wants to do a Disney Cruise and asked me yesterday about it. Well, I had to give them the links to the disboards and got me to thinking about you all. So here I am.:laughing:
Well, I have a meeting to go to. See ya

Hi everyone,
End of January, beginning of February, my 12 year old dog has been really sick. Spent a few days in the hospital several times. They can't figure out whats wrong with her. She keeps vomiting. I just got her back last nite again. Crossing my fingers that she doesn't vomit anymore.
I finally got my Med cruise pictures printed. How bad is that. I had over 600 pictures! Going to a scrapbooking retreat this weekend, so I can work on the Med cruise but I'm so disorganized.
Went to the agility competition this last weekend, my boy aussie did fantastic. Several 1st places, he was just a good boy.
Someone here at work wants to do a Disney Cruise and asked me yesterday about it. Well, I had to give them the links to the disboards and got me to thinking about you all. So here I am.:laughing:

Hope your dog gets better, Jeanne!:flower3:

Hi everyone,
They closed the longer threads because they were slowing down the boards too much.......so we had to start a reunion thread! Glad to hear from you.........hope your dog feels better soon...............you were very organized when you were planning the lanyards! Thx again for that!:dance3:

Our daughter is in the hospital tonight and they will induce her labor starting tomorrow morning. So if all goes well, we will be grandparents by the end of the weekend.:cool1:

Our daughter is in the hospital tonight and they will induce her labor starting tomorrow morning. So if all goes well, we will be grandparents by the end of the weekend.:cool1:
:hug: How exciting, keep us posted!!:cloud9:

Congrats in advance!!!! Let us know when you are a grandparent!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter