July 24-Magic . . . .

MamaQuack

DIS Veteran
Who is back home safe and sound? Please report in to your . . .

MamaQuack
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

(loved meeting each one of you!)

We are stopping in Richmond, VA for the night. Drove 13 hours today. About 6 more to go tomorrow.
Hope all make it home safe and sound.
It was great meeting all of you,
Angie

Arrived home in NY by 3:30. We were able to get an earlier flight out of MCO. The trip was awesome!

We just arrived a few hours ago.... I have already unpacked. Back to reality. Talk with you soon.
Shawna

We are back!! Got in about 8:30 dallas time and I am still swaying! Had a great time, some of you I saw more than others!
Started the laundry, went through the mail, all that junk...

Couldnt believe how easy it was to check out of the boat! We were on the road so quickly!

Fabulous cruise, great hospitality, a little more rocky than I like, but that was only for about 1 1/2 days. Glorious sunshine!

Lets share some funny or interesting or favorite things on the July 24 board after everyone gets settled!

Spa Mama

We are back!! Got in about 8:30 dallas time and I am still swaying! Had a great time, some of you I saw more than others!
Started the laundry, went through the mail, all that junk...

Couldnt believe how easy it was to check out of the boat! We were on the road so quickly!

Fabulous cruise, great hospitality, a little more rocky than I like, but that was only for about 1 1/2 days. Glorious sunshine!

Lets share some funny or interesting or favorite things on the July 24 board after everyone gets settled!

Spa Mama

we got home last night around 10:30 after delaying the return to reality as long as possible. The cats were extremely mad at us, but not to mad to sleep all over us. Stopped at Margaritaville on the way home and they did the RUDEST thing....their menus had PRICES on them! AND when I went into the shop, my KTTW card wouldn't work! Imagine! The same thing happened when we got closer to home...we stopped at a local bbq restaurant (Woody's on HWY 78 MamaQuack) and they had prices, and we had to PAY! UGH..back to reality. Have to go pick up the kids today, go to the grocery store, and go get my son a new pair of sneakers for camp next week. Unfortunately, all of us teachers have to go back to work tomorrow...YUK! Gonna be a full day...reality stinks!
On the upside, I only gained 3 pounds on the cruise!!!!!
Poor Khakismum...riding back yesterday her stomach got pinker and pinker and pinker...she is lobster woman! Oh well, off to resume the duties of daily life. Thanks for a fun cruise all...it was JUST what we all needed. I will have to content myself with going out on our own boat on Lake Lanier this weekend. And although it is definitely NOT the magic (no Antonio, Pema, Jeevan, or Wannee to take care of us) at least it will make the transition easier.

Back into the Phoenix airport at about 10:30 last night. Delta needs to learn a little from DCL as we were late out of Atlanta by over 5 hours. Reality came back to us in a hurry!!!

Have already unloaded the digital camera images onto the computer...first things first!

Woke up on cruise time this morning, despite not being on the cruise anymore. Could not sleep in. Had to go unload the car and informed the family that the "porter" had brought the luggage to the door, but was not responsible for bringing them to the room.

Immediately found that the Richie Buffet was lacking in one very important item...FOOD! And there was no there was not a DCL crew memeber to go get me what I was wanting. Had to go to the store with my wife! So off we went.

Well got to get some laundry started and pictures scanned, mow the lawn, clean tha pool and take a nap!!!

Pictures, report and information to follow as time allows.

We just got home. We drove to Richmond last night (12 1/2 hours of driving). Glad to be home. Don't want to unpack and do laundry though.
Glad to hear everyone else is home safe and sound.
Angie

Picked my kids and parents up yesterday afternoon at Reagan National. They seemed to really enjoy themselves. I've picked up some tidbits here and there and I'll try to post their highlights tomorrow!

Got home late last night. Laundry all day and then some. Its a bit depressing to be back home, but I think it was the best trip ever!!

St. Martin and St. Thomas/John were the most beautiful Islands we have ever been to. Have that post vacation afterglow. Now only 183 days to go until the next time.

Got home late last night after slowly easing our way back into reality. Having to PAY for our lunch and dinner were just wrong! Not to mention no Antonio, Pema or Jeevan to serve us and entertain us at dinner.

The trip was great! Just what a bunch of stressed out parents needed, 7 days, sans children to be pampered and spoiled by DCL. We found out a few good things to know:

* St. Martin is no longer a DCL port, it will be San Juan.
* Tropicali-fragilistic-expialidocious night will now be Pirates of the Caribbean night. The tropical deck party will be Pirate themed.
* The Magic started a new menu this week with the Magic's Western cruise 7/31-8/7
* A post Golden Mickey's back stage party was started on our cruise and it may or may not live to see another ...

Fun stuff that happened:
* We got in tight with Sisi, one of the activities directors, and we wound up in a lot of shows and doing a lot of extra stuff! We became know as "Sisi's Friends"
* We celebrated something every night! Sunday night, formal night, we celebrated DH's 40th birthday. I brought decorations for the table and the cake. Friends we were travelling with (krhardy) got the bag of stuff to the dining room before we got to dinner and the servers took care of everything. Our table was decorated to the Nth degree! They even added my decorations to their cake.
* Met lots of new folks and Dis Board folks! (hey MamaQuack & Tayler! :wave2: )
* Had great servers at dinner, Antonio, Pema, and Jeevan
* We WON the horn war with the Royal Caribbean liner as we were leaving St. Thomas!! RC's horn sounds like a sick cow! :crazy:
* We were mistaken as crew members at Port Canaveral sail away! We had planned and read so many great tips from all of ya'll that we had all kinds of goodies for sail away. Streamers, bubbles, silly string, confetti, leis, etc. As we were having a grand time on Deck 10 we would give our stuff to little kids and some not so little kids. The grins on thise faces were worth it! One mom asked if we were cast memebers...nope just well prepared. :smooth:
* On 80's night in rockin' Bar D we brought 100 glow necklaces and 100 glow bracelets. We activated them all and started handing them out to folks there having a good time participating and dancing. (We gave some to Sisi too.) Well the band came out and they had some on. As we left the bar we saw folks all over the ship wearing them! The "pay-it-forward creep" went a loooong way. We were stopped by some teenage girls in the hall asking where we got the glow stuff, we said we brought it and asked if they'd like some, "Oh Yeah!!" We gave them a bunch with the caveat that they had to share them with friends...they promised they would.
* The Village was shown at 12:01 a.m. Friday morning...very cool movie! It was in the Walt Disney Theater and it was PACKED!

Thing to think about:
* We asked our servers what they missed the most? What could they not get on board that they might find in a port? Well the answers were so simple. Antonio loves gummy bears and can't get them easily, and Pema loves Cosmo magazine and apparently can't get it on the crew's store and must not be allowed to shop the guest store... So we bought Antonio 4 bags of gummy bears and Pema a Cosmo from the Treasure Ketch. We presented these items to them on Friday with their gratuity envelopes...You should have seen their eyes light up! They genuinely loved their gifts. Saturday morning, when asked, Antonio admitted to eating 2 of the bags already and he said the other 2 won't last through the day! :hyper: Talk to your servers and see if there is something that *they* miss and see if you can't pick it up for them in port. Apparently the phone card aren't all they are cracked up to be and they have internet access onboard so they don't need internet cafe stuff.
* Air freshener for the potty is a good idea. There are no ventilation fans in there...'nuff said.
* A night light for interior cabins is another good idea. Ours saved us stubbing a toe several nights in a row!
* The free soda bar is a great addition and I found that I drank less soda than if I had the mug since I didn't feel obligated to "drink my money's worth" We contented ourselves with nice cups of ice water many visits there.

I think that is all for now to report. We are home, laundry detail has commenced and we are back into the whole grind again tomorrow. School starts in 1.5 weeks...ugh. Cheer camp is this week....DCL!!! Take me away!!!

Diane

P.S. MamaQuack. Our DD is very unhappy she didn't get to go...I'm afraid to show her our picture of you and Tayler...she'll be doubly upset at missing being onboard with such a cutie! ;)

My family is home as well...got back to Maryland by 2 pm on Saturday afternoon...and glad to be home...

We had an awesome time...mom and dad were blown away with what they saw and did (and ate)!!! If you remember, my parents were the one's who had not ever left the state of Maryland in the last 40 years...

On the second night there, mom insisted that we rebook again, and so we did!!!! Not till 2006, though...

We shot 40 rolls of film, plus 300 digital prints and now I'm working to get them scrapbooked...

For the person last month who posted how boring the 7 day cruise was, I really cannot imagine what they did that they found so boring...!!! I'd like to smack them silly!!!

Anyway, it was really nice meeting you all and I know my DD15 Nicki has made so many friends that I know she will be keeping in touch with...

And now, back to reality...

Anne

MamaQuack is so glad to know so many of her people are now safe at home. Taylor and I want to thank each of you for making our 1st DCL so special. Thank you for all of your support, answers to my stupid questions and for the warm welcome at the meet on Saturday. TO those of you who were kind enough to take our pics on your high tech digitals we look forward to seeing them in our email: bwq213@bellsouth.net. To those of you who took our pics using our camera - 100 thank you's. To those of you who gave us big smiles and kind comments, you are in our prayers of thanks. Taylor is back to school on Thursday. Today its laundry catch up and getting our 20 rolls of film processed!!

We'd love to stay in touch and hear from you all.

MamaQuack(Becky) & Taylor
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter