• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 22, 2015 * 12-night Northern European Cruise!

Vote for a nickname for our cruise! (Voting closes 5-21-14)

• Nuts for Northern Europe

• Mickey to Russia with Love

• The Mouse Who Loved Me

• Baltic Buccaneers

• Wishing Upon a Northern European Star: 12 Nights of Magic

• To Russia with Mickey Bars

• Creme de la Kremlin

• Tea, Goulash & Mickey Bars

• From Russia with (Mickey) Gloves...

• Don't Russia Back to Finnish in Dover

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hello all:

I'm a bit overwhelmed - I just found this discussion board about 30 min ago and I'm amazed at the community developing around this cruise! The Fish Extender thing (which I googled and eventually found you) seems a bit too much at this late stage - but I'll be observing from the sidelines. This will be our 2nd DCL, last was Mediterranean in 2013. There's 4 of us: me, DH, DD (12) and DD (9). My mother-in-law and niece are coming too as well as another SoCal family. We'll be in London 4-5 days ahead as well - and scooting right back to Heathrow upon disembarkation. Is there a planned time to actually meet face to face? Thanks much and nice to "meet" all of you and thank you for this great source of practical information!

Hello all:

I'm a bit overwhelmed - I just found this discussion board about 30 min ago and I'm amazed at the community developing around this cruise! The Fish Extender thing (which I googled and eventually found you) seems a bit too much at this late stage - but I'll be observing from the sidelines. This will be our 2nd DCL, last was Mediterranean in 2013. There's 4 of us: me, DH, DD (12) and DD (9). My mother-in-law and niece are coming too as well as another SoCal family. We'll be in London 4-5 days ahead as well - and scooting right back to Heathrow upon disembarkation. Is there a planned time to actually meet face to face? Thanks much and nice to "meet" all of you and thank you for this great source of practical information!

Well welcome welcome!!!

We are going to have a fantastic cruise.

FREEZING THE NIGHT AWAY MENU

Bread Selection
  • Knäckebröd – Dark Rye Bread
    with Liver Pâté Dip
Appetizers
  • Duke of Weselton’s Favorites
    Assorted Meats and Cheese with Knackerbrot, Pumpernickel and Pickles
  • Arendelle Gravlax
    with Apple Chips, Lingonberries and Crème Fraiche
  • Elsa’s Coronation Scallops
    Princess Scallops backed in a Shrimp Conac Tarragon Cream Sause, topped with Flaky Pastry
  • Jarlsbert Tart
    with Onion and Thyme
Soups & Salads
  • Oaken’s Red and Yellow Beetroot Saladwith Asparagus, Pickled Radishes, Cornichons, and Mustard Dressing
  • Andersen Baby Field Greens
    with Vanilla, Apricots, Brioches Croutons, Candied Walnuts, and Lingonberry Dressing
  • Sven’s Carrot Soup
    with Caraway and Cream
  • Portobello Mushroom Consommé
    with Vegetables and fresh Herbs

Main Course

• Herb Roasted Chicken
    with roasted Fennel Seed Potatoes, Seasonal Baby Vegetables and Port Wind Sauce
    A generous, mild, slight toffee flavor of a Icelandic Pale Ale
  • Anna’s Honey-Mustard Marinated Salmon
    with Sautéed Spinach, New Potatoes and an Aquavit-Sour Cream Sauce
    Linie Aquavit, light and crisp with her and spice flavors.
  • Hans’s Juniper Wild Boar Filet
    with Sparrle, Kale, Baby Roasted Turnips and Wild Mushroom Cream Sauce
    A robust and full bodied Barolo with violet and truffle notes
  • Veal “King Agda”
    Veal Lion topped with Pulled White Crab Meat and Béarnaise Glaze, served with Buttered Spinach, Creamy Polenta and a Red Wine Reduction
    A refreshing elegant and crisp Red with a kiss of spice on the finish.
  • Kristoff’s Rosemary Marinated Striploin
    with Crushed Red Bliss Potatoes, Butter Green Beans and Cabernet Jus
    Cabernet Sauvignon with wonder surprises.
Vegetarian
  • Pabbi’s Stuffed Babbage RouladesSavory Cabbage stuffed with Brown Rice, Asparagus, Leeks, Carrots, and Lingonberry served with a Dill Cream Sauce
  • Bulda’s Vegetable Lattice
    Celeriac, Carrots, Spinach and Shallots, Baked in a Puff Pastry served with a White Wine-Thyme Cream Sauce
Lighter Note Offerings
  • Alesund Smoked Trout SaladFlaked Smoked Trout with Roasted Carrots and Parsnips, Sour Cream, Beetroot, and Walnut Vinagrette
  • Grilled Grain-Fed Sirloin Steak*
  • Slow Rasted Chicken Breast*
  • Oven Baked Filet of Salmon*
*Served with Garden Vegetables and choice of White Rice or Baked Potatoe

Freezing the Night Away with Anna, Elsa and Friends Dessert Menu

Frozen Desserts

• Sweet Temptation
    A trio of Olaf’s White Chocolate Floro Dome, Almond Berry Crumble Cake, and Norwegian Pancake
  • Oaken Warm Apple Pudding Cake
    served with Butterscotch Cinnamon Sauce and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
  • Olaf’s White Chocolat Floro Dome
    Centered with Carrot Cake, Norwegian Cardamon Cookie, and Marshmallow Whipped Cream
  • Pannekaken – Norwegian Pancake
    Pancakes rolled in with a Sweetened Lingonberry with Cream Cheese
  • Frozen Yogur Romanoff Sundae
    Fresh Strawberries marinated in Cointreau, Vanilla Frozen Yogurt and Chopped Pistachio Nuts
No Sugar Added Frozen Desserts
  • Sitron Mousse
    Light Creamy Lemon Mousse Served with Rhubarb Pure
  • Almond Berry Crumble Cake
    Served with fresh Berry Compote

Hello all:

:welcome: SoCal DCL Newbie! :flower: I've added you to the Roll Call on Page 1.

:flower1: FISH EXTENDER EXCHANGE UPDATE! :flower1:

I just finished attempting to send all the final FE groups to participants. However, I hit a few roadblocks along the way.

I was not able to "start a conversation" with the people listed below. I'm guessing it's because of the settings since the new DIS format was changed a couple of months ago. Please send me a "conversation" (private message) as soon as possible so that I can "reply" to it with your group details. I would hate for you to miss out on all the fun!

esther1403
val102uk
Hallfamily2011
Eliza Beringhause
HesterJ
Klomp
mfams

Everyone else should have received a PM or email from me, depending on how you originally contacted me with your family's details. Please be sure to let me know if you signed up but did not hear from me.

Thanks a bunch! :flower3:

I just finished attempting to send all the final FE groups to participants. However, I hit a few roadblocks along the way.

I was not able to "start a conversation" with the people listed below. I'm guessing it's because of the settings since the new DIS format was changed a couple of months ago. Please send me a "conversation" (private message) as soon as possible so that I can "reply" to it with your group details. I would hate for you to miss out on all the fun!

esther1403
val102uk
Hallfamily2011
Eliza Beringhause
HesterJ
Klomp
mfams

Everyone else should have received a PM or email from me, depending on how you originally contacted me with your family's details. Please be sure to let me know if you signed up but did not hear from me.

Hi Deb - Just attempted to send you a "conversation" about this - not sure whether I did it correctly. Thanks again for organizing the FE groups!

Carey (Hallfamily2011)

esther1403
val102uk
Hallfamily2011
Eliza Beringhause
HesterJ
Klomp
mfams

Hi Deb.

I just send you a PM

Thanks again!

Hello all:

Welcome! We are, also, in London several days ahead and looking forward to the Hop-on/Hop-Off Bus as well as catching a ride on the London Eye - fast track tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter