July 22, 2015 * 12-night Northern European Cruise!

Vote for a nickname for our cruise! (Voting closes 5-21-14)

• Nuts for Northern Europe

• Mickey to Russia with Love

• The Mouse Who Loved Me

• Baltic Buccaneers

• Wishing Upon a Northern European Star: 12 Nights of Magic

• To Russia with Mickey Bars

• Creme de la Kremlin

• Tea, Goulash & Mickey Bars

• From Russia with (Mickey) Gloves...

• Don't Russia Back to Finnish in Dover

Results are only viewable after voting.
New to the board and just booked to Sail on this cruise with the other half, foster child (11) and other halfs mum :) - so excited! Our longest cruise so far, before this was the 8 night NY-Bahamas with a stop at WDW.
6th Disney Cruise now.
Just itching to book my excursions!
Will be lovely to leave from our home country for a change and not have to have the hassle of flying beforehand!
Welcome fellow Brit, and enjoy, sailing from Dover is great, no flights no luggage worries.

Do look into private tours in St Petes you can do far more for less and in a smalłer group.

Thanks Disney Fantasy, this is our first time in Russia so not sure what to book yet - we did think about going independant but not sure if we wanted the hassle of arranging visa's when they are included with the Port Adventures tours. Did you get a visa? Any tips? Also thinking about Tivoli in Copenhagen, anyone been? is it worth the $229.00?
Thanks, Shaun

Thanks Disney Fantasy, this is our first time in Russia so not sure what to book yet - we did think about going independant but not sure if we wanted the hassle of arranging visa's when they are included with the Port Adventures tours. Did you get a visa? Any tips? Also thinking about Tivoli in Copenhagen, anyone been? is it worth the $229.00?
Thanks, Shaun

No need for any visa's that's a common misconception, if you book a tour with say someone like Anastasia there there is no need for any visa, they handle it all for you, I have been before on the Magic in 2010 and did it with them and it worked we were out in a minute quicker than USA immigration.

Cruises can allow passengers up to 72 hours there visa free,

Now true you can't get off and walk about by yourself, not allowed your two options (1) DCL tours or (2) book with a reputable agency in St Petersburg.

I got off visa free in 2010, look at their website details on it,
http://anastasia.travel/
Now they still have an offer of 50% off for pre pay they did that as the Ruble went down in value, DCL priced theirs in $ before the currency fell and is expensive, I for my family are saving a lot of money, we have two days trips and one nights for less than £850, for DCL you will be in crowds of say 55 people and not small groups so meet on ship go out on buses not everyone gets a window seat and then visiting on whisper systems in big groups.

We in 2010 cut lines the TAs can do that they know all the entrances and we didn't gave to go to/ fro the ship for evening tours.

Well worth it to see more do more and pay less, no visa required.

Last edited:
Oh really!!! That's really good to know, thanks for that! We thought we'd have to get a visa the way things are worded online - So Anastasia is worth taking a look at then?

Oh really!!! That's really good to know, thanks for that! We thought we'd have to get a visa the way things are worded online - So Anastasia is worth taking a look at then?

Promise you yes! I have done it, there were maybe thirty groups booking with them on my last cruise. They All said it was the highlight.

Thanks Disney Fantasy, ? Also thinking about Tivoli in Copenhagen, anyone been? is it worth the $229.00?

It's an old fashioned theme park not MK but nice you can go direct by taxi even public transport, you do not need to use DCL but they can get early entrance.

Thanks, Shaun

I would walk or get the bus, I am not sure the $229 is worth it, though you do get as extras for the price early entrance, lunch and a historical tour. Bus 26 goes from the port and stops just by Tivoli and will cost you abut £4 per person each way. Tivoli Entrance is roughly £10 and then you pay for the rides (you can get an multi ride ticket for about £20). You can also get an unlimited refill soft drink cup for about £7.

Thanks so much Disney Fantasy and Florian. Very useful info and I'll check out Anastasia tonight. If there's 50% off im sold! Tivoli we might do independently if its that close/easy.

Thanks so much Disney Fantasy and Florian. Very useful info and I'll check out Anastasia tonight. If there's 50% off im sold! Tivoli we might do independently if its that close/easy.
Great, thats all I suggest review your options, I am passionate everyone should get the max out of this fantastic cruise, if you look into it you can make a judgmental decision and know the options, if you think you need a visa and go DCL and then see many others on the cruise who have gone private and done more seen more and paid less, at least you were aware of the options and the truth.

Go a page or so back and my own itinerary in St Petes is there. You will see we do more than DCL can and its cheaper.

Where in the UK are you?

Hey,
my name is Luca and I´m the daughter of zwerch.
I´m 15 years old and it´s so cool to be at the magic in July.

Will definitely check them out Disney Fantasy, thanks so much for your advice. Im from Norwich so about a 3.5-4 hour drive down. Roll on 22nd July!

Yikes! We have only just decided to do this cruise and have paid today! Have a lot of catching up to do. Have not read all posts yet so apologies if already asked and answered. Also will be keen to join FE and FB but need to do 9 more posts! Here goes...

Fabulous - didn't realise I had posted stuff last year so only 3 more till I can PM!
Disney Fantasy I think we were on the same Med cruise last year. You were such a wealth of knowledge. I am so pleased you are on this one too!

Yikes! We have only just decided to do this cruise and have paid today! Have a lot of catching up to do. Have not read all posts yet so apologies if already asked and answered. Also will be keen to join FE and FB but need to do 9 more posts! Here goes...

Fabulous - didn't realise I had posted stuff last year so only 3 more till I can PM!
Disney Fantasy I think we were on the same Med cruise last year. You were such a wealth of knowledge. I am so pleased you are on this one too!

Welcome and thank you, ask anything pleased to help.

The Med 12 night was fantastic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter