• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 22, 2015 * 12-night Northern European Cruise!

Vote for a nickname for our cruise! (Voting closes 5-21-14)

• Nuts for Northern Europe

• Mickey to Russia with Love

• The Mouse Who Loved Me

• Baltic Buccaneers

• Wishing Upon a Northern European Star: 12 Nights of Magic

• To Russia with Mickey Bars

• Creme de la Kremlin

• Tea, Goulash & Mickey Bars

• From Russia with (Mickey) Gloves...

• Don't Russia Back to Finnish in Dover

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi Tracey and Adrienne!

Our son Zach (who will be turning 14 this month) likes all kinds of computer games and MineCraft especially. He also likes sports, including tennis and baseball. He spent some time in the Edge on the last cruise and is excited that he'll be old enough (although I think he's still young!) for the Vibe next year. He will be the only kid in our group of adults and I'm sure he would like to make some friends in advance! He's a little busy now with sports and getting ready for his first year of high school, but maybe we can get them in touch closer to the cruise.

Carey

Hi Tracey and Adrienne!

Our son Zach (who will be turning 14 this month) likes all kinds of computer games and MineCraft especially. He also likes sports, including tennis and baseball. He spent some time in the Edge on the last cruise and is excited that he'll be old enough (although I think he's still young!) for the Vibe next year. He will be the only kid in our group of adults and I'm sure he would like to make some friends in advance! He's a little busy now with sports and getting ready for his first year of high school, but maybe we can get them in touch closer to the cruise.

Carey

Hello Carey and Adrienne!
Yes our son Luke is into lots of things but I have to say as an only child ( sort of) long story, he keeps ti himslef although he is a sociable person just very mature for his age. The last cruise he didn't go to the club at all but bext one he does plan to go as he figures it will be a lot colder so the Aqua dunk won't be as appealing!
He loves Musicals, films and drama as well!
Tracey we are from UK

Anyone want to consider any tour shares? We are a family of three two adults and our teenage son who will be 14 later this year!

About what is going on with Russia that we may never get there.
If things get worse and US stops Russia banks from processing US credit cards we may not get there.
One of main reasons I picked this cruise was to go to Russia
My mother was born there::sad2:
8/99 4day Magic
4/02 7 day Magic
8/03 7 day Magic
11/05 4 day wonder pin cruise
8/06 7 day Magic
8/08 15 night Panama Canal
8/09 7 day Magic
8/11 Alaska
12/12 Christmas on the Fantasy
2/14 5 day out of Miami on Wonder
12/14 New Years on the 7 day Magic
4/15 7 Day Magic

7/15 12 night Baltic Norther Europe

My wife & I were talking about this this morning.

On the plus side, we're talking about a cruise that is still about a year away, so plenty of time for things to improve ... but also time for things to either stay as they are or deteriorate :-(.

On the minus side, if Disney don't call that that port, I suspect that their options might be somewhat limited ... more days at sea, call at another port (how far in advance do they need to schedule these things?) ... dunno.

I think it is too early to be certain as to what will happen to the cruise but I do have faith in Disney to do their best for us. I agree, though, that it would be a shame if we couldn't get to Russia - that is one of the highlights of this cruise.

Positive thoughts!

If things get worse and US stops Russia banks from processing US credit cards we may not get there.
One of main reasons I picked this cruise was to go to Russia
My mother was born there::sad2:
8/99 4day Magic
4/02 7 day Magic
8/03 7 day Magic
11/05 4 day wonder pin cruise
8/06 7 day Magic
8/08 15 night Panama Canal
8/09 7 day Magic
8/11 Alaska
12/12 Christmas on the Fantasy
2/14 5 day out of Miami on Wonder
12/14 New Years on the 7 day Magic
4/15 7 Day Magic

7/15 12 night Baltic Norther Europe

After my last post an hour ago
Was looking at may Twitter and Scott Sanders from Disney Cruise Line Blog Posted this
http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Artic...gers-stopped-from-disembarking-in-russia.html
:(

My wife & I were talking about this this morning.

On the plus side, we're talking about a cruise that is still about a year away, so plenty of time for things to improve ... but also time for things to either stay as they are or deteriorate :-(.

On the minus side, if Disney don't call that that port, I suspect that their options might be somewhat limited ... more days at sea, call at another port (how far in advance do they need to schedule these things?) ... dunno.

I think it is too early to be certain as to what will happen to the cruise but I do have faith in Disney to do their best for us. I agree, though, that it would be a shame if we couldn't get to Russia - that is one of the highlights of this cruise.

Positive thoughts!

I am still on holiday in Barcelona, I had a discussion with Karl Holz who was in the room next to me and we met about six times in the cruise, this was one of the many conversations.

Can I first say he is a very very nice guy down to earth you can ask him anything and he will do his best to reply.

NOW hopefully I am quoting him direct.

They are watching the position closely in Russia.
A year is a very long time.
St Petersburg is considered the jewel in the crown on that cruise and hard to replace.
DCL will never put anyone at risk, so yes they are monitoring.
If the position of cruising there was unsafe or impossible they would replace the ports of call, they do have a plan B Now.

Again he made it very clear a year is a very long time snd No decision will be made until closer the time.

Currently they are working on dome signature and unique port adventures for St Petersburg, one is going into the vaults of the Hermitage.

Best to trust DCL and not look at it dsy to dsy or sny reports there as if cruise ships have cruisers denied disembarkation it can be for msny other reasons one of which thst cruisline didn't follow the correct process for compliance and border control.

Well I agree with Andrew that a year is a long time so let's not panic, however the cruise line in the article about passengers being denied disembarkation is Silversea, they are very high end and well established, I find it very hard to believe that they didn't know and adhere to the correct protocols...

Mel
x

Well I agree with Andrew that a year is a long time so let's not panic, however the cruise line in the article about passengers being denied disembarkation is Silversea, they are very high end and well established, I find it very hard to believe that they didn't know and adhere to the correct protocols...

Mel
x

Agree but down to their compliance officer.

ReadingFC said:
The coach is £20 per person from London to Dover single. We are doing back to back cruises, so we will be flying back from Barcelona.

Nobody has yet requested travel back from the port, I am willing to organise if there enough interest. The main complication with the return is that most people want to go straight to an airport. Last time I organised a coach and several private transfers for the return. The coach went from Dover Port - London Heathrow - Central London.

We are away on vacation to the USA for three weeks in August, once we return I will up the input on planning for this trip. It is difficult to even try and plan pick ups yet, as you cruisers don't know where you are staying so what chance do i have of finding you LOL. Willing to help answer any questions about transport etc...just not pick up points yet.:thumbsup2

I am open to a transpot back to LHR from the cruise.

Thanks,

Geri

Rentals through TripAdvisor - I am planning to rent a place through TripAdvisor. For our Eastern Med Cruise 2013, we rented an apt. Through TripAdvisor and we were very happy.

Has anyone had any issues with renting a place in London through this site?

Also, I am looking into the Marriott chain. For those in the UK and visit often, is there a particular Marriott which is recommended?

I don't want spend an arm and a leg.

We just got off of the Magic today-- she is looking good!!!! My daughter was so sad we were getting off (it was a short, 5d/ 4n cruise), but we're already counting down to our next trip!

We just got off of the Magic today-- she is looking good!!!! My daughter was so sad we were getting off (it was a short, 5d/ 4n cruise), but we're already counting down to our next trip!

I got off last week from the 12 night cruise, overall she is looking good but has some plumbing issues on various decks, with leaks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter