July 22, 2015 * 12-night Northern European Cruise!

Vote for a nickname for our cruise! (Voting closes 5-21-14)

• Nuts for Northern Europe

• Mickey to Russia with Love

• The Mouse Who Loved Me

• Baltic Buccaneers

• Wishing Upon a Northern European Star: 12 Nights of Magic

• To Russia with Mickey Bars

• Creme de la Kremlin

• Tea, Goulash & Mickey Bars

• From Russia with (Mickey) Gloves...

• Don't Russia Back to Finnish in Dover

Results are only viewable after voting.
We'll be there this summer-- I'm happy to give you the "tourist perspective" while we're there! I've actually done most of my London planning using TripAdvisor. There are some very helpful posters on their forums!

We spent two jet-lagged days in London before our 2010 Baltic cruise. At the time, we didn't know if we'd ever make it back there, so our goal was to see as much as humanly possible! We sort of did our planning backwards. I made a list of every location the Hop-On-Hop-Off buses stopped, and then we researched each site and compiled a list of everything we wanted to try to see. We also had a few restaurant recommendations from our cruise meets thread.

We spent the first day on the HOHO bus, jumping off frequently to sight-see. We found that riding around on the bus (with a good London map in hand) was a great way to get a good overview of the city. From the bus, we also spotted two of the three restaurants we planned to visit! We saved the locations that were closest to our hotel for the next day. The second day, we walked to all the places we'd missed the day before.

What we didn't have time for, but plan to do this time, is visit all of the wonderful museums. :thumbsup2

Don't need a HOHO use a Boris Bike to get around! Keep fit and see more.

Have you seen how many people get killed on bikes around London !! I see those dodgy cycle tours everyday, no helmets and wobbly tourists riding on the road. Go careful out there fellow Dissers...London is small enough to walk, treat it as pre cruise exercise imagine all the extra Mickey bars you can have

Forgot to mention earlier that the Dissers private guided trip to British Museum is in the planning stage, with the right people agreeing to organise this. It will probably limited numbers on a first come first served basis. I will keep you posted.

A great event in London for us was Lunch at Jamie Oliver's "Fifteen".
www.fifteen.net

I like him so much and it was so yummy.

But don't forget to make a reservation.

Greets

Michaela

Have you seen how many people get killed on bikes around London !! I see those dodgy cycle tours everyday, no helmets and wobbly tourists riding on the road. Go careful out there fellow Dissers...London is small enough to walk, treat it as pre cruise exercise imagine all the extra Mickey bars you can have��

Proportionately speaking there are far far far more car road deaths in London than the Bike ones but each one bike issue against thousands of trips by bike are reported and car road deaths are not.

And there more deaths ( not subside) on the Tube on average per year than by Boris bikes. Average 26 deaths a year on the tube over last ten years!

Fair point...but most travellers will not be driving a car or a tube train so both of them are out of their own control. However, if you choose to ride a bike with no helmet, in a city you do not know whilst sightseeing, recipe for disaster in my book. Just saying....

Hi all!

I found this site: http://www.walks.com/. I'm having fun reading it and thinking/dreaming about which ones we might do. Reasonably priced, too, if you go as part of a group. If anyone has experience with them, great. Otherwise, I will post more when I have read some reviews.

Hope you all have a magical weekend! I'll be scrapbooking our Eastbound Transatlantic. It was a long time ago - I did some and then stopped, but booking this has inspired me to finish it!

-- Adrienne : )

Hi all! Booked this cruise last night on board the 2 night cruise to nowhere out of San Diego. It will be Stacy and Dennis and our two sons Dylan (16 at time of cruise) and Gavin (10 at time of cruise). I'm on page 10 of this thread, and enjoy reading all the posts and getting to know you. We have done 3 cruises on Disney, all on the Wonder, to Mexico, Alaska, and San Diego. I can't tell you how excited we are for this cruise. We have never traveled to Europe, and look at this as a trip of a lifetime!

Hi all! Booked this cruise last night on board the 2 night cruise to nowhere out of San Diego. It will be Stacy and Dennis and our two sons Dylan (16 at time of cruise) and Gavin (10 at time of cruise). I'm on page 10 of this thread, and enjoy reading all the posts and getting to know you. We have done 3 cruises on Disney, all on the Wonder, to Mexico, Alaska, and San Diego. I can't tell you how excited we are for this cruise. We have never traveled to Europe, and look at this as a trip of a lifetime!

Welcome. This is our first cruise ever, and can't wait. Our son will be 11 when we cruise, so I'm sure he will be happy to know there is another boy his age.

Also don't forget to join the FB group, we have a great group already. :)

And I finally voted for the contest name. :)

AAAh After this post I still need 7 posts until I can send a PM for joining the FE.
But I don't have any questions or anything to post...:confused3

AAAh After this post I still need 7 posts until I can send a PM for joining the FE.
But I don't have any questions or anything to post...:confused3

You only need 10 posts total on the DIS to be able to send a PM, and you're over 20, so you should be able to PM me with your email address to join the FB group.

Hi all, we just signed up for this cruise while on Disney Fantasy last week!! So excited!! Looks like this will be a very active group!! I will need to get caught up on the board!!

We would like to participate on the FE. My DD4 loved getting the "presents" and passing them out last week!! It was like Christmas everyday for the whole 7 days that we were on board! :rotfl:

Ooooh, I taught that I needed to post 10 posts in this thread.

Feeling stupid. :blush:

Hi all, we just signed up for this cruise while on Disney Fantasy last week!! So excited!! Looks like this will be a very active group!! I will need to get caught up on the board!!

We would like to participate on the FE. My DD4 loved getting the "presents" and passing them out last week!! It was like Christmas everyday for the whole 7 days that we were on board! :rotfl:

Hi! Glad you found us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter