• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 22, 2015 * 12-night Northern European Cruise!

Vote for a nickname for our cruise! (Voting closes 5-21-14)

• Nuts for Northern Europe

• Mickey to Russia with Love

• The Mouse Who Loved Me

• Baltic Buccaneers

• Wishing Upon a Northern European Star: 12 Nights of Magic

• To Russia with Mickey Bars

• Creme de la Kremlin

• Tea, Goulash & Mickey Bars

• From Russia with (Mickey) Gloves...

• Don't Russia Back to Finnish in Dover

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hey from Germany !

We are also Geocacher and we want to earn more "Country-Points" on this tour.
But we don't need any recommendations for UK, we are frequently in Canterbury.

It will be our thrid cruise with DCL.

Greets

Michaela
Family of four (M, 46, M,47, our girls L, 15, M, 12)

Welcome geocachers! We're also keen to add countries on this trip and some ancient caches for the Jasmer challenge.

DS2 has been doing work experience in Lacock this week so after dropping him off this morning I took some photos of the Abbey and village.

The abbey was used in Harry Potter filming and the village is used in lots of period dramas.
Thank you for posting the photos Dave! Brings back great memories!

We have booked this cruise. I see many are staying in London prior. Can you stay in Paris (time at DLP), then catch a Eurostar train to Dover via the Channel Tunnel?

We have booked this cruise. I see many are staying in London prior. Can you stay in Paris (time at DLP), then catch a Eurostar train to Dover via the Channel Tunnel?

Hi Scubadiver! We are flying into London (love those non-stops flights!), but we're planning on going to Paris via Eurostar for a couple of days then heading back to London to take our mobile meet and greet (the bus transfer arranged by Paul :) ) to Dover.

Hi scubadiver, Eurostar trains from Paris (Central Paris, Gare du Nord) often stop at Ashford which is a 30minute drive to Dover (private hire car)? If you take this option then you'll need to travel from DLP on the outskirts of Paris to Gare du Nord.

As krisinparis suggested, your alternative is a Eurostar direct from DLP to Central London if you might want any time in London.

Hi Scubadiver! We are flying into London (love those non-stops flights!), but we're planning on going to Paris via Eurostar for a couple of days then heading back to London to take our mobile meet and greet (the bus transfer arranged by Paul :) ) to Dover.

Krisinparis has the right idea...I would fly into London then Eurostar return to Disney Paris (but there again I haven't been to Disney Paris and have no intention on going) Eurostar stops at Ashford on route and not Dover, the Eurotunnel (take your own vehicle train) goes from Folkestone to Calais.

To add having been to DLP a few times by Eurostar.

There is a direct train service from London to DLP, it sells out fast its normally one a day, leaving London in mid morning getting to DLP at noon, and one back about 6pm French time to UK.

You can go indirect via Lille and change there.

Now not all Eurostars stop at Ashford its not a *given* many stop at the alternative Ebbsfleet, my daughter on a guises trip, ( three times to DLP beats me) her train stopped at Ebbesfleet only. I know I had to drive her there and back from Ebbsfleet which isnt too far for me.

To add having been to DLP a few times by Eurostar.

There is a direct train service from London to DLP, it sells out fast its normally one a day, leaving London in mid morning getting to DLP at noon, and one back about 6pm French time to UK.

You can go indirect via Lille and change there.

Now not all Eurostars stop at Ashford its not a *given* many stop at the alternative Ebbsfleet, my daughter on a guises trip, ( three times to DLP beats me) her train stopped at Ebbesfleet only. I know I had to drive her there and back from Ebbsfleet which isnt too far for me.

My point was that the train doesn't go to Dover....:confused3

My point was that the train doesn't go to Dover....:confused3

thank you that is what I wanted to know, could I spend a week in Paris, then catch the train to the port in Dover. It appears I can not.

Thanks for the information have a good cruise.

Well, my husband's sister and brother-in-law have cancelled this cruise. :( We're sorry to see them go, but DH and I are still looking forward to cruising the Baltics again. The hard part is waiting these next 14 months! Been keeping busy trying to decide what to do for FE gifts. I have too many ideas! :)

Hi all!

I have been enjoying looking at the various ports and am curious about DCL shore excursions. I know we will see what they are actually offering next spring but that is So. Far. Away!! So I took a look at other cruise lines and similar itineraries. Here are some links:

Copenhagen: http://www.shoreexcursionsgroup.com/Copenhagen-Shore-Excursions-s/168.htm?Click=39394

Stockholm: http://www.shoreexcursionsgroup.com/Stockholm-Shore-Excursions-s/158.htm?Click=39394

Helsinki: http://www.shoreexcursionsgroup.com/Helsinki-Shore-Excursions-s/174.htm?Click=39394

St. Petersburg: http://www.shoreexcursionsgroup.com/St-Petersburg-Shore-Excursions-s/159.htm?Click=39394

Talinn: http://www.shoreexcursionsgroup.com/Tallinn-Shore-Excursions-s/167.htm?Click=39394

And if you want more ideas in London:
http://www.shoreexcursionsgroup.com/London-Shore-Excursions-s/166.htm?Click=39394

-- Adrienne : )

Sent from my SCH-I535 using DISBoards

While the shore excursions page can certainly be a starting place for ideas in visiting London, I would encourage my fellow Baltic 2015 Disney Cruisers to take advantage of just how truly accessible this world class city is. A few guided tours aren't going to give you the proper taste for London.

I have found Rick Steves' books to be a wonderful way to dig deeper into the European cities I visit. I have the Northern European Cruise Ports book for this cruise; but I've also found an immense wealth of information in his books on Germany, Paris, Great Britain and London. The walking tours in his books are fabulous and have introduced my family to parts of these European citiies we might not have otherwise found. One of my colleagues, a very accomplished world traveller in his own right, joined us on one of the Rick Steves walking tours of London & we took him places he didn't even know existed in London.

You can find out more information at www.ricksteves.com

Neil

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks for the additional idea, Neil! :thumbsup2 It's great that we have so many great options for touring! This definitely gives each family plenty of resources for designing a sightseeing plan that fits their touring personality. :goodvibes

Neil, I agree, but I find these sites helpful for price comparisons and budgeting. We've found that DCL excursions are generally much more expensive than booking on our own or just putting it together ourselves. The Rick Steeves books are great.

I'd love better online resources for London planning, though. Any suggestions?

Neil, I agree, but I find these sites helpful for price comparisons and budgeting. We've found that DCL excursions are generally much more expensive than booking on our own or just putting it together ourselves. The Rick Steeves books are great.

I'd love better online resources for London planning, though. Any suggestions?

Just ask here or on Facebook I live and work in London, and there are quite a few from the UK here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter