July 22, 2012 5 Night Bahamian Cruise

[QUOTE="courtI've got to go pick up our rental, we've got a few errands to run, abd then we are headed to Downtown Disney for a few hours. We will end the day at Epcot. ![/QUOTE]

We were at. Downtown Disney yesterday too. Loading the car now. Be at PC in a couple hours.

""See ya real soon! "

Well, it has been a LONG day. 10:30 cruise time right now, but I'm on the west coast and it's 7:30 PM. Gonna go get dinner and perhaps pick up a movie. My daughter and I had the best time EVER on vacation, and now she's with her mom and I'm alone for a week.

Thanks to everyone for the FE gifts, and I hope you liked ours too. And I hope we'll see some of you someday on our next Disney cruise!

Patrick and Athena

:banana::cool1::woohoo:

Aaaaww I'm so sorry we didn't get to meet everyone. (but we got to see the Hong Family at least)
We thought the meet n greet was at 3pm. And I didn't get any info on the drinking sessions.
We had a great time though and booked onboard for 2014. Atlantis was so so. We booked comfort suites and walked across the street to get our wristbands for Atlantis.
DD and DH thoroughly enjoyed Parasailing at CC.
But she was mostly delighted by all the FE gifts, giving and receiving them. DD rode the Aquaduck 4 time and me, 2 times :thumbsup2

Post pictures here if you guys can!

We're still in Orlando for a few days then head to DC at the end of the month for 5 days there.

Okay, so the last day, I saw the Animator's Palate butter knives (the ones that looked like paint brushes) on sale at one of the shops. As we weren't checking bags thru, I couldn't buy one and take it on the plane. Now I can't find anywhere to order them. Does anyone know? Anyone have any contact on a shop who could help? Did anyone buy one too many and would like to sell one?

Disney-Fantasy-5828.JPG

Okay, so the last day, I saw the Animator's Palate butter knives (the ones that looked like paint brushes) on sale at one of the shops. As we weren't checking bags thru, I couldn't buy one and take it on the plane. Now I can't find anywhere to order them. Does anyone know? Anyone have any contact on a shop who could help? Did anyone buy one too many and would like to sell one?

Disney-Fantasy-5828.JPG

I am going Aug 5-so if you still need one PM me with your info. I was just on your thread looking for Navigators.

Quick question-did you guys have a formal night?

Five pin, we had a semi-formal night on day 2. I personally didn't see anyone dressed up more than church type clothes. We did dress up more for Palo dinner though.

Everyone, we had a WONDERFUL time! Hope everyone else did too. So sorry we weren't able to meet up but we were with extended family and were constantly on the move. Although, I think my husband and his brother met some of you at the martini tasting? I was supervising napping children at the time. Thank you, thank you for all the FE gifts! There was so much thought put into each one. It was a joy watching our 4 year old get so excited when she saw something waiting for her in her Rapunzel bag! We had so much stuff, we were able to share with her cousin down the hall who didn't know about the FE and thought her gifts were part of the Disney "magic". :)
We are hoping to repeat this trip as much as possible. Stay in touch and maybe we will all "meet" again soon!

Thank you all so much for your generosity. I wasn't expecting to need an additional suitcase for all of our goodies. I'm sorry we did not meet up but traveling with my MIL at the last minute proved to be a huge challenge. I hope our tiny little homemade gift wasn't disappointing either- it was our first Disney trip and our first attempt at FE.

Thanks again,
The Lees in room 9608

Hellloooooo Double Dippers!

It's so bittersweet being home again. Bitter being away from the fantastic Dream and all our new friends; but sweet with memories and determination to go again soon!

Thank you all for your generosity and the wonderful FE gifts. Some were astounding how much creativity went into them! Katie and I have been making a "will do again" list and the FE group is right at the top.

I do wish we had the chance, and time, to meet with more of you. It was fantastic, however, to walk on to the ship with friends waiting to meet. To those that we did get a chance to spend some time with; Tami & Bob, Lin & Gary and of course our martini partners in crime Liz & Val pirate:. I know there were at least half-dozen more that I got to speak to fromt he 5Ks or other activities whos names excape me right now. You all made a great cruise beyond magical!

BTW thank you to the sneaky ones who put the birthday decorations on our door...did you have to keep reminding me I'm 40 now?...:rotfl::sad:

I've got tons and tons of pics, half of which are of food and drinks I think. As soon as I can get them uploaded to an album I'll start posting them here. Keep and eye out. You may be in them!

What a wonderful cruise! Thank you so much to all of your wonderful FE gifts. We were absolutely amazed that almost each and every time we came back to our stateroom, our pockets were literally overflowing! I think some of you must have made deliveries twice a day! Thank you for your thoughtfulness and your generosity. I feel badly that we made it home with two gifts that went undelivered. Apologies to Christian and her brother...we were just unable to find your room. We must have written it down incorrectly, but I hope all the other treats from everyone else made up for it. Someone gave us a wipe-off board the first day, and it came in very handy for leaving notes. We hung it on our kids' door, and the second day we were surprised to find a note from the big man himself: "Have a great cruise! From your pal, Mickey Mouse." What a treat that was! We even had enough candy to keep all 6 of us happy during all the shows and movies. Thank you again! I'll be posting pics soon, so watch for them, and my daughter is making a short movie of all the pics and video footage we got, so I'll post that as well. I hope you all had a great time, and I can't wait to read lots of trip reports on your voyage. Mine will have to wait a little bit, as I am still absolutely exhausted! What a great trip!

I wanted to thank you all for your wonderful, VERY thoughtful (and very creative) gifts. This was very impressive. Being that this was our first cruise and I truly think this FE made it ALL the more special. Our kids (not to mention us, too) were SO, SO excited to find all of their daily treasures. Unfortunately we did not get to meet many of you but we hope you all enjoyed the cruise as much as we did and we look forward to hopefully crusing with you again soon
Thanks so much again :)

Well, I think I am finally settling back into real life after our incredible cruise. It was our first Disney cruise and we have already booked again for next June. Thank you to everyone who participated in our FE group! It definitely added to the magic of our trip. Maybe I'll see some of you again next summer. :)

Wendy

I just wanted to thank everyone for the FE gifts, they were all amazing! :banana: We had such a wonderful time on the Dream and can't wait until we sail again next year!

Well good morning Double-Dippers! For those that are still subscribed to this thread I have some promised pics to share. These are by no means all and I will try to upload more soon. I apologize for file size. No timie to shrink them right now.

First glimpse of the beautiful Dream.
IMG_0653.jpg

The mosaic in Cabanas.
IMG_0669.jpg

Cabin 8576 - it never looked this neat again.
IMG_0685.jpg

Feeling bad for all those poor saps on RCL--- Yeah, I said it!
IMG_0689.jpg

Minnie holding court in the Atrium. I like the oversaturation of colors.
IMG_0718.jpg

Same setting for the fountain in EG.
IMG_0833.jpg

Breakfast on the verandah....Aaaahhhh...
IMG_0818.jpg

I figured the previous post was big enough. I'm going to break the pics up into a few posts to keep it reasonable.

The Dream docked in Nassau next to lesser ships.
IMG_0837.jpg

What a view.
IMG_0852.jpg

Hey, look - I'm a Hidden Mickey!
IMG_0869.jpg

Palo Brunch...O M G...
IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

The desserts = loosening the belt a notch.
IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

I'm officially whipped. I need a nap.
IMG_0901.jpg

The view from Currents bar.
IMG_0949.jpg

Alex, Meridian bartender extraordinaire and martini pusher.
IMG_0988.jpg

Tequila tasting! Never knew there was a difference.
IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

Cheers Liz!
IMG_1001.jpg

The most beautiful Pirate onboard.
IMG_1031.jpg

The most muppet-like Pirate onboard.
IMG_1020.jpg

Ludovic, the French Pirate.
IMG_1042.jpg

Vladimir, the Head server Pirate. Takes his job very seriously.
IMG_1065.jpg

Hook and Smee!
IMG_1068.jpg

Where else ya gonna see fireworks at sea, Matey?
IMG_1078.jpg

Got to eat yer fruit...Haaaaaarrr!
IMG_1089.jpg

Backing into dock at Castaway Cay.
IMG_1124.jpg

In all her glory.
IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

Yes, Virginia, there really is a Santa Clause...

The rumors are true! Lobster does sometimes appear at lunch at Serenity Bay. I really don't know how many of these bad boys I inhaled...but it was a lot.
IMG_1131.jpg

Katie was so thrilled she snapped this of the grill team.. Thanks amigos!
IMG_1134.jpg

Turns out those Dicapac camera cases really are waterproof.
IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

Palo chocolate souffle...na-na na-na na-naaaaaaaaaa
IMG_1307.jpg

Cheers to all my FE peeps.
IMG_1318.jpg

I still have a ton more to upload. I hope to find some of the first Martini tasting when others of our group were there. I'll post them when I can.
If you have some good pics please post yours as well!

We'll be aboard the Fantasy next November. Hope to see some of you there!

Jay

Great pictures, thanks for posting! It's helping me relive the magic now that I'm back to the real world. :). And you have convinced me to do Palo brunch & lunch at Serenity Bay next time!!!

Hello everyone,

It is hard to believe that it has been a month. We still talk about it everyday.

I am sorry it has taken soooo long to tell everyone thank you. The FE gifts were amazing. My teenage kids were not sure of the whole FE thing, but I knew they would love it. Every time they returned to our cabin something was waiting for them. They were excited about every item. Thanks a bunch. A special thanks to all those who gave candy. I know that sounds funny but my daugther loves, loves, loves candy (which she doesn't get at home, lol) so for her to actually have someone give her candy and me approve of it - well enough said. :)

I would like to apologize if you all felt I was distant or pre occupied at the Meet-N-Greet. My grandfather, who raised me, passed away the day we left on our trip and his funeral was Saturday the 21st. So I was still a bit down emotionally on Sunday. So again, sorry if the Meet-N-Greet seemed disappointing.

We had a wonderful cruise and it was good to put faces with names. My husband has been a diehard WDW fan. But this cruise convinced him that cruising can be better than theme parks. :thumbsup2

Jay, your pictures are amazing. Perhaps I should use them for my scrapbook album. :rotfl2: I never felt seasick or an over abundance of rocking on the ship but to look at my pictures, one would think so!

I would really be interested in what everyone's favorite part of the trip was.

Mine (Tami) - my family of four together without phone calls, internet, texting and so on. And the verandah late at night or early morning was wonderful.

Bob - Not having to pay a dinner bill after our kids ordered two entrees or two deserts :rotfl2:

Kaitlyn - Unlimited soda, feeling safe to roam the ship

Kaleb - EDGE - if we hadn't had dinner or seen the shows together, we would never have seen him.

How about you all, anything stand out as a favorite???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter