July 22, 2012 5 Night Bahamian Cruise

Hi all,

Just booked our Bahama cruise this morning. Husband and I have been on a prior cruise on Norweigen to the Bahamas, but this is our first official big family vacation. We are travelling with our 5 year old son. He's so pumped! :banana:

Can someone explain how you participate in the fish extenders a friend told me about?

Thanks,
PittieBoo (37), PittieBoo's hubby (42), and son (5)

PittieBoo,

Welcome aboard.

My name is Tami Hong and I am coordinating the Fish Extender (FE) event.

To participate in the FE on this cruise we would need to know today. I know that doesn't give you must time to decide, but we had made the decision some time ago to cut off the participation at 45 days out. Today is day 45, so that is good news for you, in that as long as you tell me today, you can join in on the FE fun. We would like to have you join us.

What we are doing on this cruise is keeping the rules simple so it is fun for all. We are asking that every cabin participating gives at least one FE gift to all the other cabins participating. Some will give each person in the cabin a gift or multiple gifts and others will give one cabin gift. The choice is yours as long as you give something to all the cabins participating.

We would need to know your first names, the family name, and what your cabin # is. In addition I need your email address. You can send that to me at tamihong@sbcglobal.net. I am finalizing the spreadsheet for FE participants today and will send that via email tomorrow. We are asking for this information because, of course, we need to know where to deliver your gifts to :) and someone has asked for names because they are personalizing their gift.

If you need more details in how this actually works, email me and we can chat about the details.

Again welcome aboard.:dance3:

Tami,

I sent you an email for the FE. Our issue is we did the restricted rate and won't get our cabin assignment until 1 week before sailing from what I have read. I hope that won't prevent us from participating! this is our son's first Disney vacation and I want to make it as memorable as possible.

Thanks,
Jennifer aka PittieBoo

Greetings again.

As all of you know at midnight tonight our FE is closing.

I know many of you are anxious to get the finalized list. I would like to wait until the morning to send it out because, if you have been watching this forum lately, things keep changing. Currently, we have 14 cabins that have said "we are in" but I am still waiting to hear from one more family. So it could be 15.

Please make sure that you have sent me your email address. If you haven't, you will not get the final list tomorrow. If you are not sure you sent it to me, just send another email to tamihong@sbcglobal.net.

Tami

Another update. I heard from the family I wasn't sure on and they are a no. So as of now there are 14 families.

Told you things keep changing. :)

AND -->>> Please let me know if any of you are Digital Scrapbookers... I have some cool things I'm making that I would love to share!! party:[/QUOTE]

I love digital scrapbooking!!! Especially when it comes to Disney trips!

Wendy

Hey everyone!!

I'm Liz, and my DH is Val. I'm sure we'll be closing down the clubs each night - gotta take advantage of not having the kiddos with us!!

Liz and Val,

Katie and I (Jay) will see you there! We're in a simiar fortunate situation. No kids! - I know that sounds a little bad but we are very excited to relax and have some fun.

Anyway, a few questions. We've booked Palo for Thursday night, the last dinner night. Is it rude to not dine in the regular rotation the last night to say goodbye to your servers?
Not at all! We're doing Palo earlier in the week. What we've done before is to have a late seating at Palo. Then we go to our regular dining rotation to join our tablemates. While there we only have a drink or two and maybe an appetizer to eat at most. This could be done the other way around if you have an earlier reservation at Palo. Even if you'll be late to your regular dining rotation, just tell your servers ahead of time you'll be there but maybe a little late or leaving early. Works out great and you still get to see your newfound friends.

Liz and Val,

Katie and I (Jay) will see you there! We're in a simiar fortunate situation. No kids! - I know that sounds a little bad but we are very excited to relax and have some fun.

I've had so many friends question why we are spending our 15th anniversary at a kid's place and I just laugh. They have NO clue!

Can't wait to meet up!

Anyway, a few questions. We've booked Palo for Thursday night, the last dinner night. Is it rude to not dine in the regular rotation the last night to say goodbye to your servers?
Not at all! We're doing Palo earlier in the week. What we've done before is to have a late seating at Palo. Then we go to our regular dining rotation to join our tablemates. While there we only have a drink or two and maybe an appetizer to eat at most. This could be done the other way around if you have an earlier reservation at Palo. Even if you'll be late to your regular dining rotation, just tell your servers ahead of time you'll be there but maybe a little late or leaving early. Works out great and you still get to see your newfound friends.

We booked Remy on the last night too! Hopefully, we'll finish by 9pm and if we like our table mates and servers :scared1: we'll most likely pass the dining room and say our goodbyes :scared:

I'll also have to remember to do most of ourpacking earlier that day because we will need to have our luggage out in the hallway by 11pm.

Good Morning,

I have sent the list.:dance3::dance3::dance3:
If you didn't get it, :confused: let me know. Otherwise, enjoy for now. As I mentioned before, we have 2 cabins that have not yet been assigned, so I will be updating the deck plans in the future.

Thanks for eveyone's support.

I'm truly sorry, but I had received the information on one of the cabins, so we actually are waiting one just one families assignment. Sorry, kandekarleen.

It is now 2:00am, my time, and I am going to wait until after I have had some sleep and can look over the information with a clear mind :lmao: before I send you the update.

Sorry.

Got the preliminary email, thanks so much Tami for all your work!! Sorry you have to send it all again...
I forgot you asked earlier for info on "likes", hope this is not too late....

Faith DD12 likes Phineas and Ferb, Ratatouille, anything Pirate!

Elora DD18 likes Villians, Donald Duck and Pirates

I like Jock (Scottie), Snow White, Mickey & Minnie and Pirates!

DH Gary likes SPORTS, and also Pirates!

I guess I could have just said we all like Pirates! pirate:

Good Morning,

I have sent the list.:dance3::dance3::dance3:
If you didn't get it, :confused: let me know. Otherwise, enjoy for now. As I mentioned before, we have 2 cabins that have not yet been assigned, so I will be updating the deck plans in the future.

Thanks for eveyone's support.

Got the list! Thanks Tami!:love: Let the FE planning begin!:grouphug:

Hi everyone! Just found this thread. This has been a busy few months for us so we haven't been able to do much planning, but we are really looking forward to July 22. I am so sad that I found the thread a day too late for the FE exchange. That has been such a highlight of my family's previous cruises. However, I do understand having a cut-off date. I will still follow the thread and hopefully be able to meet some of you. :)

Let the games begin!

Thanks so much for the FE list, Tami. The deck plan is just killer! :thumbsup2 Now the we can kick things into high gear. For those still on GTY status- don't worry about not having your assignment yet. It'll come soon. Worst case we can get that info at the meet-n-greet on embarkation day. I'll post a couple options for a mid week coctail party this weekend for the group to weigh in on.

cades mom- Sorry you missed the first FE list. There has been a steady trickle of new folks lately. If there is enough interest, perhaps you could begin and organize a second list.

Regardless of the FE stuff....We're glad you're here! We have a lot of great stuff planned. Meetings, excursions and tastings..oh my.. (wait a min..was channeling the Tin Man again..) Many of us have similar excursions planned and I'm considering tracking those so we can hook-up for these things if we so choose. Also, a couple mid-cruise get togethers, both family friendly and adult, are in the works to swap stories, share pointer and make friends for future cruises (of course!)

There's a lot of fun to be had. Welcome to the July Double-Dippers. Pull up a chair, grab a Konk cooler, put on your seatbelt and hang on. This is going to be a fun ride! party:

Good Morning all,

I just wanted to update everyone on 2 mistakes I have been made aware of.

On the "list" Charlotte Schuerer is listed as a DS. Charlotte is a DD. Sorry Charlotte. In addition, I mis-spelled Kathryn Hudson's name. (This is the correct spelling)

If everyone wouldn't mind checking their families information and let me know if there are any other mistakes or if I have left something off I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Hi Tami. So sorry, but we made a cabin change :confused: My DD wanted a pull down TOP bunk and found out our room only has a pull out couch. They were able to move us to a cabin that sleeps 4 (with a top bunk) and we're now in 6026. We were originally around midship, now we're almost forward... the things we do for our child(ren) princess:

I had to make sure though that our Verandah was still a clear plexiglass and not a navigator's verandah. DH and I like to sit out there to enjoy some wine and a cheese/fruit platter.

Unless there is an upgrade to a concierge or a bigger family room available during check in, then we will not be changing our cabin any time soon.

xoxo,
Pauline

Pauline,

No problem about the change. If we get the opportunity to change to a room for 5 we will. My kids like the idea of the Murphy bed since neither one is all that thrilled about the pull down bunk.

To everyone:

I will make any changes to the FE list on my originals and will wait and send all of you an updated version at a later date. That way you won't keep getting them daily. With that said, it probably isn't worth printing your copy until your ready to leave for the coast. That way you will have the most current copy.

Please don't anyone worry about giving me updates, now that the deck plan is created, updating it is no big deal.

Tami

Let the games begin!

Many of us have similar excursions planned and I'm considering tracking those so we can hook-up for these things if we so choose. Also, a couple mid-cruise get togethers, both family friendly and adult, are in the works to swap stories, share pointer and make friends for future cruises (of course!)

I would love this information! We didn't do any excursions on our first cruise and now we are looking around at what we want to do (and have a few things booked). I'd love to know if there are any other DISers that are doing what we are, just so that there are options if anyone wants to meet up.

Maybe there is an ongoing list, but could we come up with a list that includes everyone that is going, and their party? I know that we'd love to meet up with other couples, since we are kid-less this trip (not that we don't love hanging with the families, but...:laughing:), and we'd love to have that info at hand. Is that too internet stock-ish? :confused3

I'd be happy to keep an ongoing list of info for our cruisers, if someone else doesn't have that info somewhere yet. Just let me know. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter