July 20th, 2011 – 10 Night Mediterranean "Mickey's European Explorers"

Some may cancel because of money....airfare, excursions, etc might be more than they are willing to spend. My sister-in-law is on the fence since her kids will be 3 and 6, so it may be much for the youngins.

So I went back and checked the Renaissance for the suite and it was 450 EUR!!!!:scared1::scared1:

I didn't see it before because I was searching under the rewards availability. A standard room is averaging 20,000 points per night. The suite is not an option for Marriott Reward Points, so will just get two rooms.

Like you, we are still on the fence on whether we stay in Europe longer. I'd like to go to Germany, it's been 10 years since I lived there. Lisa would also like to go back to Paris (we honeymooned there). She doesn't have a strong desire for DLP. I've been to the park in 1999, it's a small park compared to Magic Kindom or DL. On the plus side, it wasn't very crowded back then. Their Space Mountain was much better than any of the others (I think it may even go upside down).

You'll have a blast!

Holy Bat Cave!! :faint: 450 Euros!!:eek: I shudder!! In comparison to how DVC works is the 20,000 points in Marriott speak a lot for them??

SIL might be right about the 3 & 6 yo. That would be a long flight...she might do better leaving them on the ship? And the 3 yo might not be potty trained by then?! Eewwww. I would have to REEEALLY want to go to bring a 3 yo I think. Hummm. :idea: I know! See if any of them want to switch to a 7 nighter!! Tell 'em you could hook 'em up with this crazzzzy laaady to go with!!:rotfl: I definitely feel their pain. WE will be in so much trouble too if I can't find good airfare...I have been saving miles on a credit card for almost 10 years to cover a trip like this!! But we will need some pixiedust: to do it or else I will be :sad:

I have heard that Space Mtn. at DLP is really cool. I've looked at it online and I think it is a must do for us. We are on a mission to stay at all of the DVC resorts so why not to visit as many Disney parks too?! PLUS now that we've booked Hilton Head for this summer I think DS is concerned about when we will visit again. Visiting DLP would help make this whole vaca more acceptable to him too as far as the way HE thinks. I honestly cannot tell him when we will be going back to FL right now. It will likely be a quickie long weekend short notice (3-4 mo.) type thing. We usually go to Hawaii every 5 years...so we'd be "due" again in 2011...but we figured we may as well wait on Ko'Olina to be ready so we decided to flip things & do the cruise in 2011 & Ko'Olina in 2012 (since they haven't said WHEN it should be done). So 2 yrs. in a row with "BIG" vacations... Someone needs to just shoot me & put me out of my obsessive planning misery!!!:upsidedow

OK, so where's Keever these days!!?? Hey there!! Whatcha up to??

The points are just the regular Marriott rewards point that you earn just like frequent flyer miles. I think it is 10 points for every dollar. 20k is actaully a good deal since most hotels run in the 30-40k range and hotels in manhattan run upwards of 60k points. I've been able to save points with work since I'm staying at a Marriott three nights a week.

I think their vacation club operates more like a traditional timeshare where you buy a week and not points.

We are scheduled to go to WDW is mid August but my wife would rather go back to HHI. It's low key and relaxed and the beach is nice. They have a beach cookout twice a week at the beach house... It's an all you can eat buffet and the price was reasonable. The also do a camp fire with singing ans Smores twice a week too. We also did a day trip to Savannah which is 35 mins away.

Stay tuned out plans for summer are not solidified yet.

We are scheduled to go to WDW is mid August but my wife would rather go back to HHI. It's low key and relaxed and the beach is nice. They have a beach cookout twice a week at the beach house... It's an all you can eat buffet and the price was reasonable. The also do a camp fire with singing ans Smores twice a week too. We also did a day trip to Savannah which is 35 mins away.

Stay tuned out plans for summer are not solidified yet

We are booked at HHI for Sat 8/14 - Sat 8/21 so maybe we'll get to have a 'lil DIS meet before the cruise if you go!!:rolleyes:

:scared1:Page 4 peeps!! Wha's up with that?

Well, every day that passes seems to bring more crappy news to us. DH's car broke down last Friday & he had to get towed in. The initial diagnosis was the timing belt:scared1::scared1: We got the final call today that it also busted the valves in the engine when it broke!!:sad2: The estimate is a week to fix for a nice chunk totaling about $5,000!!!!!!:eek: This really sucks 'cuz it's basically putting in a new engine I think. The belt was DUE for replacement & we knew that - but DH was only 127 miles over the recommended mileage!! :headache: Something else we were hoping to do from our taxes. But so this news is pushing us further to changing over to the 7 nighter. $5,000 is just devasting for a car repair at this time. Looks like I will be out picking up a job at the first place that has a help wanted sign in the window.

I have not emailed our TA yet but it's looking more & more likely that's what we will have to do.:sad: I will keep ya'll posted of any changes we make when it happens.

:sad: Well folks....it is official. We have bailed on the July 20 cruise and have booked our SPH cabin on the Aug. 13th 7 night. :guilty: DH's car is still in the shop and they called this morning to tell us that they discovered the ROOT and cause of the whole problem was actually his oil pump!! So they had already replaced the head & valves & cylinders & it still wouldn't start so they had to tear it apart AGAIN.:headache: MORE LABOR to tear the engine apart AGAIN...then they found the oil pump had stopped pumping which broke a timing CHAIN, not the timing belt after all & the CHAIN is what destroyed everything when it flew apart inside. Well, so this discovery added ANOTHER $2,000 to the bill for a grand total of OVER $7,000!!! :scared1: So that was it - that was the last straw for me. I hadn't slept in a week AS IT WAS so I knew it was a sign we had to change something. We've been working on our taxes and are getting a decent refund and would've stayed with the 10 night if it wasn't for this car repair bill. But let's face it - that is more than what we were paying for the 10 night!! (Heavy sigh) I hope this is his last Audi!!!

I may still pop in to say hi from time to time!:hug: There still is no meet thread started for the Aug. 13 one so I am all alone.:sad1: I might have to go start myself a meet thread soon.:rolleyes1 There is only 1 more SPH room left on that cruise now so I am not entirely alone! I just gotta find the others!! I certainly wish all of you the best!! Thanks for letting me ramble!!

OK, so I went ahead & chose a name & started a meet thread for this Aug. 13 cruise that we switched to... I know it will be lonely for awhile but so come visit sometimes!! :hug:

I chose "Mickey's Marauding Mates" because I truely have been a wanderer!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2387326

Awwwwwwww! So sorry to hear of your car troubles, and even sadder to hear that you've jumped ship (so to speak) to the August cruise. What a difficult decision, but you have certainly thought it out. We are sticking with the July cruise but haven't had a second to think about it during hockey season.

Keep checking in Annie - you can still be part of our disboard.

Awwwwwwww! So sorry to hear of your car troubles, and even sadder to hear that you've jumped ship (so to speak) to the August cruise. What a difficult decision, but you have certainly thought it out. We are sticking with the July cruise but haven't had a second to think about it during hockey season.

Keep checking in Annie - you can still be part of our disboard.

Thanks, Keever! It really was one of those decisions that took a lot of soul searching to reach. I think we'd have stuck with the 10 night if it hadn't been for DH's car.:headache: That just sent me into a financial overload!:guilty: BUT in the meantime, I am trying to be positive about the 7 night one and sandwiching it inbetween Paris & Barcelona. It should still be an awesome vacation.

I do not follow Hockey. Probably because I didn't grow up with it where I grew up. I take it your boys play?

We just booked while on board the 7 day eastern. Very exciting to research the ports of call. Id like to make it an educational experience for my kids as well. We are game for the fish extender and a meet and greet.

plenty of time to plan!

Currently we have

Mom Dad and Grammy

DD - age 11 (will be 13 on cruise)
DD - age 9 (will turn 11 on cruise)
DS - age 7 (will be 9)
DD - age 5 (will be 7)

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Hey ya'll...boy you have been QUIET since I jumped ship!! I found you all the way back on page 5!!! :eek:

I have jumped in feet first for my Aug. 13 cruise and have decided to start a website for it. I was just collecting WAY too much info. in my notebook and decided it would be a lot easier to keep everything organized if I connected links to all the sites & hotels & tours etc. SOO much neater and more eco-friendly!! I will be glad to ditch all the paper! It is coming along pretty good...but is a LONG way from done.

Well, just popping in to say hi!! TTYL

After much soul searching and discussion we have decide to not do this cruise this year. For us t was mainly the ages of the children and the itinerary, but we will just blame Annie for being the trend setter ;). So instead we are doing a seven day over thanksgiving.

I will keep this thread open best of luck to all of you.

After much soul searching and discussion we have decide to not do this cruise this year. For us t was mainly the ages of the children and the itinerary, but we will just blame Annie for being the trend setter ;). So instead we are doing a seven day over thanksgiving.

I will keep this thread open best of luck to all of you.

Oh SURE...blame ME!!:sad2: Sorry to hear you bailed too. We'd have stuck with it if it wasn't for that darned car repair... So are you going THIS Thanksgiving or next?? I'm sure at least the flights will be easier for you. I'm still in sticker shock over the price of the international flights. Somebody had told me I could probably eventually get them for under $800 but I haven't seen that kind of price pop up yet... I keep watching the fares for this summer so I can budget...but it's looking more & more like $1,000-$1,200 pp. So the word of the day is 'BUDGET'!

Good luck to you too!:goodvibes

Hey there Keever!! :wave: You need to go out there & drum yourself up a little business girl!! You need some more peeps to sail with!! Just givin' ya a bump back up to the surface!! :goodvibes

We are booked for July 20, 2011. New to posting on the Disboards, LOL. Hello everyone!!

We are also on this cruise. Thought I'd just drop in to let you folks know that the prices for this sailing have gone down considerably. A CAT 5A with 2 adults & 2 kids has been lowered by 3400.00. BIG Savings!!
Just want everyone to check their prices. More money for excursions!!:cool1:

Wendy

Hello fellow cruisers! It's so great to discover that more families have signed on.

So far it seems we are a group of seven. I count the following:

Keever - DW, DH, DS 15, DS 13, from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, Cabin 5022
jtw999 - DS 13, DS, 11, DS 8, from British Columbia, Canada
nikitta29 -DD 13, DD 11, DS 9, DD 7 from Buffalo, New York ,USA
wendyk - from Alberta, Canada
liemge
thetriplegang
clarasunnyside -from Sunnyside, New York, USA

Any ideas for naming this thread?

Anyone want to participate in fish-extender?

Only 388 days to create stateroom door magnets!

Keever

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter