July 2023 planning and chat thread!

Currently planning our annual mother daughter Disneyland trip for July 30th and 31st. Quick visit this time before we take the train to San Diego to relax on Coronado Island for the rest of the week.

Edited to add that we're at our usual... Sheraton Park Hotel

I have no idea where the time went because I am just under 3 weeks! My travel buddy is there right now with her family and has shared with me that the stores are full of fun new merchandise! This is seemingly great news to me as someone that travels with an empty suitcase for purchases, and my last 4 trips it has returned home empty.
We have Dinner under the Stars at the Skyline on our arrival night, and my granddaughter will be performing in parades the next day! I am officially excited for this trip!

We’re headed back to Disneyland for the second year in a row July 27-31 with our now 3-year-old son, after having a great trip last July with him. Disappointed Fantasmic won’t be running this summer, but excited to have Goofy’s Kitchen dinner, Plaza Inn character breakfast, Blue Bayou dinner, and World of Color dessert package reservations. Our son is 38-inches, so a few more attractions will open up this year! Last year we splurged and got a room at VGC, but this year we’re saving a little money and staying at the Tropicana since we want to buy into VDH. Always fun to see what everyone is doing at Disneyland on these threads!

I have no idea where the time went because I am just under 3 weeks! My travel buddy is there right now with her family and has shared with me that the stores are full of fun new merchandise! This is seemingly great news to me as someone that travels with an empty suitcase for purchases, and my last 4 trips it has returned home empty.
We have Dinner under the Stars at the Skyline on our arrival night, and my granddaughter will be performing in parades the next day! I am officially excited for this trip!
Sounds great!

I also hope for some (useful) merch…
and a nice popcorn bucket…(though I don’t even know which ones are on sale right now besides the Cinderella one)
I definitely need a nice travel mug (maybe one from Starbucks)

I guess I need to start fine tuning our trip… I need to check out some menus, learn the in’ and out of genie, loosely plan our days and drop the backup reservations… :scratchin

Sounds great!

I also hope for some (useful) merch…
and a nice popcorn bucket…(though I don’t even know which ones are on sale right now besides the Cinderella one)
I definitely need a nice travel mug (maybe one from Starbucks)

I guess I need to start fine tuning our trip… I need to check out some menus, learn the in’ and out of genie, loosely plan our days and drop the backup reservations… :scratchin

We always get a few things on our Disney trips so I am going to be looking for:
Disney mugs to add to our collection
2023 Christmas ornament
Mickey ears for our son, hoping for a set of Graduation ears if available!

I got the reservations for the WOC dessert party! I can't wait to surprise my girls. I think I'll wait until we're there to make it more fun. Bummed Fantasmic! won't be running for our trip.

I also got reservations at Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans at DL. I have Lamplight Lounge Brunch and Wine Country lunch, which one should we keep, I don't think we need both right?

I got the reservations for the WOC dessert party! I can't wait to surprise my girls. I think I'll wait until we're there to make it more fun. Bummed Fantasmic! won't be running for our trip.

I also got reservations at Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans at DL. I have Lamplight Lounge Brunch and Wine Country lunch, which one should we keep, I don't think we need both right?
I would keep Lamplight brunch. Are they the same day?

Because I use a no for-ex credit card when we travel and it only has a $10k limit on it, I called Disney this morning to pay off the rest of our hotel. Good thing I did because the hotel charge, when converted to Canadian, was an eye-watering $8k! And that was AFTER I paid a deposit of 1 night when I booked the hotel! I really miss the days when our $ was at par or even better than the US $.

:faint:

It's looking less and less likely that I'll make it for DL's birthday this year. I still have my park reservations but there is just too much going on for me to think I'll be able to go. I'm not out for sure, but I have 2 (non-Disney) trips coming up starting tomorrow and another in August, plus moving DD3 to San Francisco and taking DD2 to the airport for her study abroad term in Australia. But I have my pass, I can stay with DD1 for free, and the flight cost is negligible so if I have enough stamina, I will go.

It's looking less and less likely that I'll make it for DL's birthday this year. I still have my park reservations but there is just too much going on for me to think I'll be able to go. I'm not out for sure, but I have 2 (non-Disney) trips coming up starting tomorrow and another in August, plus moving DD3 to San Francisco and taking DD2 to the airport for her study abroad term in Australia. But I have my pass, I can stay with DD1 for free, and the flight cost is negligible so if I have enough stamina, I will go.
I hope you can make it :)

My family ... we may be nuts! But we have put together a spontaneous 2.5-day DL trip over the 4th specifically to see Rogers! The Musical ... what the heck is wrong with us? 😜 This is less planning than we've ever done before -- I might not even try for a single ADR -- but I guess we're going! Arriving Monday 7/3, in the parks 7/4 & 7/5, and half of the day on the 6th before flying home. We have always thought being there on the 4th would be a nightmare, a fool's errand, but A) it's literally our only chance to see this dumb show (that we're all excited about), and B) can't be more crowded than Halloween time, which is when we usually go. Let's do this!

My family ... we may be nuts! But we have put together a spontaneous 2.5-day DL trip over the 4th specifically to see Rogers! The Musical ... what the heck is wrong with us? 😜 This is less planning than we've ever done before -- I might not even try for a single ADR -- but I guess we're going! Arriving Monday 7/3, in the parks 7/4 & 7/5, and half of the day on the 6th before flying home. We have always thought being there on the 4th would be a nightmare, a fool's errand, but A) it's literally our only chance to see this dumb show (that we're all excited about), and B) can't be more crowded than Halloween time, which is when we usually go. Let's do this!
Same. I've had tickets I bought last year that I need to use before the end of the year. I start a new job on the 10th and am off all next week. When I checked out the hotel prices I was like heck yeah let's go. No conventions equals low prices. We'll be there on the exact same days as you. I can't decide between the JW Marriott with points or the Hyatt Regency with cash. The Hyatt is only 152.00 a night.

What is the Rogers show?

Same. I've had tickets I bought last year that I need to use before the end of the year. I start a new job on the 10th and am off all next week. When I checked out the hotel prices I was like heck yeah let's go. No conventions equals low prices. We'll be there on the exact same days as you. I can't decide between the JW Marriott with points or the Hyatt Regency with cash. The Hyatt is only 152.00 a night.

What is the Rogers show?
The Rogers show is a musical based on the Marvel character Steve Rogers/ Captain America.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter