July 2023 planning and chat thread!

As far as beaches, I love them all. Each has its own pros and cons.

Hi! I'm adding myself to this thread. I've never been to DL and I'm excited and nervous. I'm planning to go July 14-18. I'm going to be in the area for a conference, so I decided to go early and add on a Disney vacation. I'm a WDW regular and an obsessive planner. I plan my trips from morning to night, ride to ride. And I know NOTHING about DL, so I'm nervous. So, I'm obsessively reading all the posts here!

Hi! I'm adding myself to this thread. I've never been to DL and I'm excited and nervous. I'm planning to go July 14-18. I'm going to be in the area for a conference, so I decided to go early and add on a Disney vacation. I'm a WDW regular and an obsessive planner. I plan my trips from morning to night, ride to ride. And I know NOTHING about DL, so I'm nervous. So, I'm obsessively reading all the posts here!

Welcome!

We've done both DL and WDW a number of times so please ask any questions! You will likely find DL so much easier to explore, with only 2 parks that are so close together it is really easy to park hop.

For the vets who are familiar with G+ at both DLR and WDW, what are all the differences between them aside from the following:
  • Instead of a 7am start, DLR's start is based on when you first enter the park that day.
  • Instead of selecting an ILL for a later return time than the earliest available, you can only select the earliest available return time just like a regular LL
  • DLR has two ILLs, DCA now has one
  • If you don't have a MB+, you have to use your phone to tap into LLs, old MBs won't work and there are no plastic keycards you can use as a backup.

Adding to the thread. Arriving late on 7/3 and back home late afternoon on 7/5. Main goal of the trip is to see Roger's the Musical lol. Staying at PP

For the vets who are familiar with G+ at both DLR and WDW, what are all the differences between them aside from the following:
  • Instead of a 7am start, DLR's start is based on when you first enter the park that day.
  • Instead of selecting an ILL for a later return time than the earliest available, you can only select the earliest available return time just like a regular LL
  • DLR has two ILLs, DCA now has one
  • If you don't have a MB+, you have to use your phone to tap into LLs, old MBs won't work and there are no plastic keycards you can use as a backup.

We've used G+ at DLR and WDW once each. One thing I can add is that LL times seem to last longer at DLR than at WDW. Also, you are correct that only MB+ will work at DLR but I read on the Disneyland website that you can still ask for a paper ticket at the turnstile when you first enter the park.

Adding to the thread. Arriving late on 7/3 and back home late afternoon on 7/5. Main goal of the trip is to see Roger's the Musical lol. Staying at PP

I am SO excited for RtM!

Will likely book tomorrow Just booked for 7/7 - 7/9 w/ park hoppers. And like you, one of our main objectives is to see RtM. Still trying to decide between PP and DLH, and which parks to choose as our starting parks for each of the 3 days Booked DLH. Thinking of starting in DCA twice and DL once since DCA has the better EE rides IMO.

Last edited:

Staying at DLR from 7/15 to 7/19 before heading to Comic Con in San Diego! It will be our 2nd DL visit but everything has changed. Since we'll be arriving on a Saturday, which park would you suggest we start in. I'm concerned about the crowds. Flight gets in around 10 so I'm hoping to be a park by 1pm.

Staying at DLR from 7/15 to 7/19 before heading to Comic Con in San Diego! It will be our 2nd DL visit but everything has changed. Since we'll be arriving on a Saturday, which park would you suggest we start in. I'm concerned about the crowds. Flight gets in around 10 so I'm hoping to be a park by 1pm.
I'm a little concerned about crowds as well since I've never been at Disneyland. I did do Magic Kingdom on Easter Sunday before so I'm hoping it won't be worse than that.

Haven't done it with genie+ though

I'm not sure which park would be busier but we always start in DL. No real reason other than it is the classic! :)

Just a reminder that ADR booking dates for July are almost here!

ADRs for July 1st open up next Tuesday, May 2nd and if you want to book the Napa Rose chef's counter for any date in July, you can start calling to book on Monday, May 1st!
Thanks for the reminder…I am getting nervous…:scared:

But there is only one reservation I can’t change dates and that is important for us to get …(goofys kitchen dinner on day one (non park day) as birthday dinner for my dad) So it should work out because we are flexible with the rest…

I wanna do Ogas (first time for my parents) and WoC dessert party…

I actually start wondering about trader sams…
We’ve never been to and it does sound interesting…but I don’t know if it will be worth it…
Though thinking about it… :scratchin it might be a nice add on birthday present for my dad…:idea:
I guess trying for a reservation can’t hurt :rolleyes1:rotfl:

Thanks for the reminder…I am getting nervous…:scared:

But there is only one reservation I can’t change dates and that is important for us to get …(goofys kitchen dinner on day one (non park day) as birthday dinner for my dad) So it should work out because we are flexible with the rest…

I wanna do Ogas (first time for my parents) and WoC dessert party…

I actually start wondering about trader sams…
We’ve never been to and it does sound interesting…but I don’t know if it will be worth it…
Though thinking about it… :scratchin it might be a nice add on birthday present for my dad…:idea:
I guess trying for a reservation can’t hurt :rolleyes1:rotfl:
Oh, yes!! Do give it a try. This would be the perfect occasion :)

Just a reminder that ADR booking dates for July are almost here!

ADRs for July 1st open up next Tuesday, May 2nd and if you want to book the Napa Rose chef's counter for any date in July, you can start calling to book on Monday, May 1st!

Does the ADR booking work like at Disney world that if I have a hotel reservation linked, then I can book for all the days I will be staying? Or do I have to book day by day? If I don’t have park tickets yet, can I still book for dining?

Does the ADR booking work like at Disney world that if I have a hotel reservation linked, then I can book for all the days I will be staying? Or do I have to book day by day? If I don’t have park tickets yet, can I still book for dining?
You can only book day by day. We have 5 days and I have 5 reminders in my calendar to book each day starting next Sunday.

I am not 100% sure about booking of you don’t have park reservations, I think you might need them to book.

You can only book day by day. We have 5 days and I have 5 reminders in my calendar to book each day starting next Sunday.

I am not 100% sure about booking of you don’t have park reservations, I think you might need them to book.
I was really hoping this wasn't the case. Well then, I guess that's going to be a long week of early mornings for me. At least it's for a fun cause.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter