July 2015 Car Rental Code Watch...hoping there is not already one!

dvcfamily41801

Future Walt Disney World Cast Member
Hi
I have not seen a July thread, but if I missed it, please feel free to delete this (but direct me to it first ;)).

Our dates are July 1-11. Pick up and drop off at MCO would be ideal, but we would be open to pick up on July 2 at Dolphin and returning July 6 at Dolphin would be just fine for us. We are staying at GFV until July 5th and then move to BWV so I would like to go to a food store or two and then move our stuff to BWV. We could also pick up at Car Care Center, but not sure how we would get there to pick up!

Used Alamo last year and (for Car Care) you simply call them with a minimum of 1 hour of lead time and they will send a shuttle to pick you up at your resort. Rented a full size and was given a Dodge Charger (was awesome).. Then we dropped off at the Airport (super easy, just pull up, disembark and a staff member scans, prints a receipt on the spot and you're on your way).

We plan to use Alamo again (best price I could find out of AvisFirst, Hertz... suppose to be a premier member but was more expensive) and pick/drop off at MCO, skipping MDE this year. Here is what I found and booked with the least cost, ;)

Coupon Code AU4224FDC
Contract ID 7015360

10 day Rental
Midsize w/ Upgrade to Full Size
(Total: $328.01)

Coupon Code AD2338FDF ($30 off)
Contract ID 860292 (Passholder)
10 day Rental
Full Size
(Total: $306.61)

Contract ID: 7015000
Coupon Code: AU5059ODT
10 day Rental
Midsize w/ Upgrade to Full Size
(Total: $328.01)

Logg'd in as an Insider didn't provide any additional savings

Thanks so much! I have been pricing as well using the $30.00 Visa coupon and Costco card. So far I can get pick up on 7/2 at noon at Care Care Center and drop off 7/7 at Dolphin - Full Size - $185.30 with all taxes. I will keep watching. It is cheaper to pickup at CCC than pick up and return at Dolphin.

Following this thread. Headed to Orlando July 13-21 and am looking for a rental car. I've actually never rented a car before so I have no idea what's a good price! Thanks for posting suggestions and deals!

I'm following this one as well! We are traveling 7/21-8/1 and staying at Bonnet Creek. We are flying into St. Petersburg/Clearwater and the rates I am seeing right now are ridiculous.

I need a mini-van, which makes it more costly for sure!

I'm in for a mini-van for 7/10 thru 7/17 or 7/19. I was thankful I was subscribed to the Dec 2014 thread -- saved us at least $30. Right now, the mini-van prices are crazy, even with the discounts currently available. I would ideally like to pick-up and drop-off at Dolphin (Alamo), but am willing to do a round trip to MCO.

Thanks to those contributing their rental car expertise!

We are flying in on 7/13 to spend a day or two at the parks before we do DCL on 7/15. Looking to rent the car at MCO and return in Port Canaveral.

Not sure what I am doing wrong but when I plugged in my dates for July pick up at Dolphin 7/26 and return MCO 8/1 with free upgrade costco ID was over $600.00 fullsize WOW!!:crazy2: If I pick up and Drop off at MCO it was $378. If I pick up at Dolphin and return at Dolphin it was $328. We will be at the Wilderness lodge from 7/19 to 7/26 then we head to Vero Beach. thru 8/1. Normally I drive down from Va. But was thinking of flying and renting a car this time. Would love to pick up on property and drop off at MCO but $600 is way to high....

I just got a great minivan rental rate thru Alamo. Just being an Alamo insider got me $29.32/day for 13 days. July 8-21. $446!! Hurry!

Hi
I have not seen a July thread, but if I missed it, please feel free to delete this (but direct me to it first ;)).

Our dates are July 1-11. Pick up and drop off at MCO would be ideal, but we would be open to pick up on July 2 at Dolphin and returning July 6 at Dolphin would be just fine for us. We are staying at GFV until July 5th and then move to BWV so I would like to go to a food store or two and then move our stuff to BWV. We could also pick up at Car Care Center, but not sure how we would get there to pick up!

I just got an SUV from Dollar on the "City Special" from MCO for $220 with taxes and fees for July 14-21. So I plugged in your dates July 1-11 and you can get a midsize for $219 all included, or an SUV for $282.

P.S. Dollar has some other awesome deals for anyone else looking!

Wondering what anyone is finding lately? Looks like everything I find is going up up up since I originally priced out a few (but did not book). Same thing happened with our flights (I watched daily hoping to catch something and ended up paying almost $250 more because the price sky rocketed one day :(!).

Currently booked with Alamo, 7 day rental, $354 for a minivan and $284 for a premium car. Was looking for a Suburban but cheaper to get 2 cars so far. I'm happy with the minivan rate but hoping the premium rate comes down a bit still (last year paid $161 for it).

Hi all! We are heading to WDW 7/15-7/24 but flying into TPA. The cheapest I've found so far is a Premium car on Dollar using their city special for $368. I'm hoping the rates drop in the upcoming months!

I just ran 7/15-7/24 through carrentalsavers and yikes! That $368 is looking like a great price. Not sure if an SUV would work for you but they are showing $348.76 for an SUV during that time period.

ETA: Oops I read this in my email and totally missed the TPA part, sorry!!

Just checking in to see how people are doing with their July rates. I now have booked July 1 pick up at MCO and drop off July 8 at WDW Dolphin a Midsize SUV for $210.39 booked with Alamo.

The best I have found for me is a full size car at Alamo $213.13 from July 3-July 10 (MCO p/u and drop off).

Following this thread. Headed to Orlando July 13-21 and am looking for a rental car. I've actually never rented a car before so I have no idea what's a good price! Thanks for posting suggestions and deals!

I am booking for 8 days in July also. The best I have found for a full size car so far is $224 (including tax). I found that on carrentalsavers.com. I have also found a full size on Costcotravel.com for $247. With Costco you also get a additional driver (same household) included.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter