July 2014 car rentals *helpful codes in first post*

What is the KLM code? I have looked at some stickys and various threads but can't find out what it means. I've never rented a car before but will need one for part of the time we are at Disney. I'm trying to get the best deal of course, but need help understanding all of the ins and outs.

It's a discount code for national car. It's for members of KLM/flying blue/air France. It includes insurance that usually isn't covered with rentals and I believe is usually for renters who don't live in the US.

It's a discount code for national car. It's for members of KLM/flying blue/air France. It includes insurance that usually isn't covered with rentals and I believe is usually for renters who don't live in the US.

Thank you for the explanation. I definitely don't qualify for that.

Thank you for the explanation. I definitely don't qualify for that.

All you need is a KLM/Flying Blue membership to qualify for the 8572130 code.

If I book with national with no code, I have the option to purchase LDW if I wanted. So I don't think LDW is for non-us residents, I think what I read is that it's usually included for non-us renters?

And if you use this code and have damage to the car you may not be able to use your home car insurance or coverage your credit card may provide.

Hello !:goodvibes
Joining in the search for a decent July rate with National or Alamo !...As of now , with the KLM code and 30.00 off BJ`s coupon I am getting 423.00 for the Emerald Aisle ....Still not as good as we did last year waiting to the bitter end for Alamo...(total with all taxes came to 282.00 for the same time frame, 2weeks, standard size car)
Thing is , we hate to not have a ressie to fall back on, but we aren`t happy making the 423.00 ressie as of yet....so subbing to this thread and hoping we all can snag a good deal for July !!pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Is that 423 for 2 weeks?? If so, what code/company is that? I need 2 weeks...July 12-27 and I;m getting 750!

This thread was all the way back on page 6. Bumping it up.

Anyone lucked out on new lower rates yet?

I need July 30 and things seem so high.

This morning I just got a full size from Alamo for July 25 - August 2 for $247 total. I was pretty pleased with it but will continue to watch the rates.

$247 is a good deal. Did you use any coupon codes? I just got $316 at Alamo for 10 days (7/16 - 7/26).

I got 386 from Alamo if we pay now instead of later from July 22-aug 2. Is Alamo a good place to rent from? We've never rented from them before. Thanks.

My dates are 7/4 - 7/12, 3pm - 3pm (or 4pm).

I made a reservation a while ago with National using the KLM ( 8572130 ) and NDA2324BR coupon code. For 1 week + 1 day (3pm -3pm), that rate is $232.13.

I just checked Alamo rates.

I used the AP CID (although other codes seem just as good) and a $30 off coupon I found in my old notes that I was surprised worked.

The rate for a Standard for 3pm/3pm was $219.58. (! week @ 180 / 1 day @ $25.71 + all the rest.)

Interestingly, changing pick-up/drop-off to 3pm/4pm made it $219.22 (1 week @ 172.84 / 1 day @ 24.69 / 1 hour @ 4.94 + all the rest.) Weird!

The behavior was similar with a Full Size:
3pm/3pm = $231.64 (190/27.14)
3pm/4pm = $231.55 (185.82/26.12/5.22)

Note that the prices on the car selection page don't always match the final numbers exactly.

I could use the extra hour - the 35 (or 9) cent savings is just a bonus!

Can anybody confirm that "Standard" and "Fullsize" pick from the same row at Alamo MCO?

Just chiming in to thank everyone for posting their deals/finds etc.

We will be going to myrtle beach for 10 days in July. Before I found this thread the best I could find was $390. Didn't know about carsavers, just checked them and found a car with enterprise for $330 total.

It's not a huge difference but the $60 is better than nothing. Can any one tell me if I can rebook for cheaper later if I go through carsavers?

Thanks

L

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone. I was only able to find a rental from 388 on up. But I went on car rental savers and was able to get a full size car for 11 days for only $346 total!! Thanks a bunch!

I'm subscribing. I'm looking for a minivan out of Phoenix to go to DL and back. I was pleased to get Dollar at $242, then I proceeded to final checkout it went to $442 for 8 day rental in late July. I'm still looking!!

MMCD
If you are looking for Sky Harbor I am renting there in June. I first used the National KLM code and thought I had a great rate. Then I used the Costco site and found even cheaper through Budget (you do have to have a Costco card to use the travel discount). I am paying $293 for an 11 day rental on a full size car. That is a good rate. In the past I have picked up off-site and this rate beats those this time.

Any ideas, tips, suggestions, codes, coupons, etc., for a rental over two weeks? 18 day car rental needed in MCO, compact to full size for 5 people. No space for luggage needed since I and children will ride DME, while hubby drives car to resort. Does it cost more for 18 day straight rental vs making two separate reservations to save?

Thanks in advance for any information ;)

If you are a state or federal government employee, do an internet search for discounts. I was able to save an additional $50 at Alamo.com through a link for government employee leisure travel. I need a minivan in Anaheim for 8 nights beginning July 24, and the best rate I found so far was around $535. The government employee link brought it down to $480 booking directly through Alamo.

DJMeredith,

Is that round trip for Anaheim and at SNA or outside the airport location? I can rent from Anaheim or Burbank as another option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter