July 2013 car rentals

For the 5th-13th have you tried National with contract id 8572130 and the National $25 coupon of ND3265FFC? I got $244 for Emerald Aisle with those dates, not a huge difference, but a savings all the same

For the 5th-13th have you tried National with contract id 8572130 and the National $25 coupon of ND3265FFC? I got $244 for Emerald Aisle with those dates, not a huge difference, but a savings all the same

I got $298. Still cheaper on Hertz :0(

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I have been playing the car waiting game for months and could not get a low enough price. Finally, I gave in to Hotwire and got a full size car July 3 to July 19 [2 and 1/2 weeks] for 340 total incl tax. I had tired every code etc & I have never has to break down and use Hotwire before. The prices just didn't move. Hertz is the company they gave me.

Spontaneously booked a 4 day trip after getting flights from Southwest under $200 pp. Not staying over a weekend or for 5 days is killing my rate. :(

Last August I was able to rent a fullsize from Alamo for $120. I'm looking at $189 for a compact through Undercover Tourist.

I will be stalking the car rental agencies for the next month on a daily basis. I love a good bargain!

Reading about the xz53043 code here for National and the KLM frequent flyer code. I have a membership number for KLM...the xz code is a better deal for me but not sure of booking it yet. I'm a chicken!

I have been playing the car waiting game for months and could not get a low enough price. Finally, I gave in to Hotwire and got a full size car July 3 to July 19 [2 and 1/2 weeks] for 340 total incl tax. I had tired every code etc & I have never has to break down and use Hotwire before. The prices just didn't move. Hertz is the company they gave me.
I think $340 is a good rate for 17 days and includes the holiday. My rate is $331 total and I am only there for 10 days. I am going to run rates thru Hotwire/Priceline when I am closer to my dates too. I want to be at $200 or under for my 10 days. I am still holding on to hope. I think you did well with your rate. Have a FABULOUS time !!!!

I found a Car & Driver contract ID XVC1092 for National Car today.

Thanks Kim for the code. That knocked almost $40 off my rental. :cool1:

I'm so glad I went ahead and booked a minivan when I bought our park tickets with Undercover Tourist ($360/week). I have been looking today to see if the rate came down at all since it's closer to our arrival date and I can't find a single available minivan through Budget, Alamo or National! Is it wrong to hope all those minivans are going to Universal???

The car and driver code was a better deal for me over KLM by ~$8. My rental is only for 4 days, Tues-Sat.
The xz53043 code is still the best rate.

No code 280.31
KLM 211.44
C&D 203.75
xz53043 191.27

Did it save you over the KLM contract ID of 8572130? It was still higher for me

I think $340 is a good rate for 17 days and includes the holiday. My rate is $331 total and I am only there for 10 days. I am going to run rates thru Hotwire/Priceline when I am closer to my dates too. I want to be at $200 or under for my 10 days. I am still holding on to hope. I think you did well with your rate. Have a FABULOUS time !!!!

Thank you so much TamaraQT!!!! I appreciate your input so much! I wasn't quite sure since I have never used Hotwire before, but I think I got a good deal. Good luck to you as well. BTW, everyone who is traveling with us ended up using Hotwire too and Hertz is what they have given everyone so far. Sending you super low rate vibes on getting an awesome rate. Please post whatever you find!!! Thank you so much again!!!!! :thumbsup2

Did it save you over the KLM contract ID of 8572130? It was still higher for me

I am not really comfortable with the KLM code so I don't use it. This was just better than any other code I have used.

Do you mind my asking why? We have used it three times now without problem (I did sign up for the KLM loyalty program)

Do you mind my asking why? We have used it three times now without problem (I did sign up for the KLM loyalty program)

For me, it's because of the included LDW. Any other code I've seen that included LDW was intended for foreign visitors with an international driver's license. And if I can't decline the LDW (because it's already included), my credit card coverage won't kick in. If I knew of somebody who successfully used the included LDW coverage, I'd be more comfortable with it.

DATES: 7/17 (9am) to 7/27 (6am)
Company: Alamo
Vehicle: Full-size
Coupon Codes: 7014627(Costco) AD2492ACX ($30 off)
Price: $331.79

Hoping to find prices in the $200 range very soon!!!

Just got a drop to $281 using these codes for July 5-13.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Just booked thru Priceline Name Your Own Price:
7/29 to 8/2
Mid-size
Bid $17 a day, total was $132.93, accepted by Hertz

No coupon codes. I think I may have found a better soon, later on, but since I booked less than a week, without a Saturday stay $17 a day seems like a decent deal to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter