• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 2013 car rentals

no just don't what spot to enter it on there are 3 different options to enter a code!

Also thinking once April is over more codes will come out as most codes expire end of June

Do you need to show specific I.D with code 66777d as it is for a specific association?
I would be nervous that Alamo would not honor the rate if I could not produce the proper I.D required to use this code. The insurance coverage would also be void if you did not belong to the association that the code was for.

It's a travel agent code. I have used a German travel agent code for Alamo this past Christmas. I checked in online and bypassed the counter so no one asked for id. I used it again at the Dolphin with counter service and again no one asked for id. So it's a yours may vary situation. I have a great National code for Honeywell that I am tempted to use. However, I have never rented with National and don't know if they would ask for id. Anyone know?

It's a travel agent code. I have used a German travel agent code for Alamo this past Christmas. I checked in online and bypassed the counter so no one asked for id. I used it again at the Dolphin with counter service and again no one asked for id. So it's a yours may vary situation. I have a great National code for Honeywell that I am tempted to use. However, I have never rented with National and don't know if they would ask for id. Anyone know?

National is who I normally rent with and that is why I asked about being asked for I.D with Alamo. All the times I have checked in at the counter with National I have been asked for proof that I can use certain codes. If I can check in at a kiosk it is normally not a problem. I have had instances where the kiosk has told me I need to check in at the counter. Which is why I stick to codes that I know are valid for me to use.:thumbsup2

National is who I normally rent with and that is why I asked about being asked for I.D with Alamo. All the times I have checked in at the counter with National I have been asked for proof that I can use certain codes. If I can check in at a kiosk it is normally not a problem. I have had instances where the kiosk has told me I need to check in at the counter. Which is why I stick to codes that I know are valid for me to use.:thumbsup2

Thank you. As for Alamo, if you don't use a coupon on top of the corporate code, you can check in online and bypass the counter completely at MCO and go directly to pick up your car. No one will ask for an id that way. You just have to make sure you print out your confirmation and take it with you to hand to the attendant when you drive out of the rental lot. It was a very easy process for us and they even wound up taking another $50 off as well as the car seat charges. This was because our car had a crack in the windshield and we told them about it before we pulled out of the lot so they would know we weren't responsible. They had to bring us a new car so they took off the extra $50 and car seat charges for the inconvenience! She even told us what a great rate we had and never asked for any id!

Just booked Alamo for $169 a week. Full size car. July 12-19.
Picking up Mco dropping off at the Dolphin.
Alamo insider rate and costco ID.

Isn't there the Alamo car care center there where they can drop you off at your hotel?
We were thinking of that one and taking ME back to the airport

thanks!

If you are staying at a Disney resort, the easiest option is to rent a car from the Walt Disney World Car Care Center, which is operated by Alamo (location ORLR72) and National (location ORLR02). The Car Care Center offers a shuttle that will pick you up from any Disney hotel and take you to the Center to pick up your car. The shuttle will also drop you off at your Disney hotel after you return your car. If you wish, call the Car Care Center up to 24 hours in advance and arrange for them to send a shuttle for you. Alternatively, go to the front desk of your Disney resort about 30 minutes before your pickup time and ask them to call the Car Care Center shuttle. The phone number of the Car Care Center is (407) 824-3470.

I copied this from the mousesavers web site. Hope this helps.

Well I am definitely seeing a difference in prices lately. I have a ressie @ Thrifty for full size from 7/17 9am to 7/27 8am for $337.50 and that includes all taxes and fees. Not the best deal, but its better than the $600 and $700 I was getting last month. Time for us really to be on the alert now and watch. My deal is a link thru my employer that gives us travel discounts. I am sure I will eventually beat this deal with an Alamo rental using a BJs or Costco code, but I wanted to have something reserved. I prefer Alamo over Thrifty any day. But I am ready for the deals to really start rolling in. I am still hopeful for the deal I got last year with Alamo..full size, 10days $139.10. Wishful thinking, but...you never know!!! :)

Ok, I have started to check pretty religiously on these - I am looking for a minivan. I cannot deal with trying to put the lughgae in a trunk. haha.

Anyway for those who have Emerald isle and whose employer has a code, I have been checking and finally got a rate of $340 including all taxes, etc for a 1 week minivan rental July 20-27.

I will keep plugging but worst case, I can live with this.

It's good to see prices slowly coming down....I am hopeful that within the next week or so we will see prices in the $200 range and under :)

Is that one of those KLM contract ID #

299851 is the 'vroom vroom limited' code. Appears it comes from the vroom vroom website and whether or not everyone should be using it, I don't know. :confused3 Many here have used it for years with no problems.

Certainly prices are coming down. I had priced a crown victoria for 10 days a while back, and it was well over $500. I just checked car rentals.com and it is now:
1 Week @ $162.56/week
3 Extra Days @ $22.94/day$231.38
Estimated taxes & fees FACILITY CHARGE$12.50CONCESSION FEE REC$24.21ENERGY RECOVERY FEE$4.50FLORIDA SURCHARGE$20.20STATE TAX$19.43VEHICLE LICENSE FEE$6.20Estimated taxes & fees:$87.04
Estimated total for car rental*:$318.42
Prices are in USD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter