July 2012 Resort and ADR Lists Thread...Countdown to Disney!

Disney tomorrow, the day is finally here.
You're all packed and ready; now it's time to cheer.
Hope your trip is merry and filled with special things.
And that you are surrounded with the magic that Disney brings! pixiedust:

Arriving July 3
Princess Row- July 3-6 @ AKL
rz54k0- July 3- 10 @ Bonnet Creek
Icecubequeen- July 3-July 17 @ ASM
wdvak- July 3-July 17 @ Bonnet Creek

Have a great trip everyone that is leaving tomorrow. Safe travels :drive: and be sure to report back to us when you return. :wave2::wave:

To All arriving July 3rd, HAPPY WDW Vacation to you and your Families.

Question of the day...

Do you always travel to Disney in July?

We usually go during November or December in order to see all the Christmas decorations and festivities. However we have also gone during the flower and garden festival time which I believe was my favorite trip! The flowers were BEAUTIFUL. We went once during the month of June and once in August, which happened to put us there on August 13th the day Hurricane Charley hit! What an experience there!!!!

This will be our first time back during the summer since our Hurricane Charley visit. Let's hope the weather is calm and HOT.

We've been in July twice. It's not been so bad. With a break mid-day and lots of water, we never found the heat to be a huge problem. The constant sun screen usage was my biggest source of frustration (no real need for that here in Denmark) and of course, there were lots of people in the parks. We used Touringplans (and easywdw) to get an idea where to go when and never waited in a line more than 20 minutes. Last year we went in October and while there were less people around, we still had 20 minute waits ;-)

So because of the high wind storm that we had blow threw here on Friday night, most of our area has been without power. My in-laws still have no power, summer camps are cancelled, intersections have been a mess. Trees and power lines are down all over. Anyway, last night they decided to cancel four of the main fireworks displays in our area. The kids are really disappointed. It will be fine of course, but the 4th of July without fireworks will be a little weird. We will have to watch Wishes twice in Disney I guess. Oh Darn! :lmao:

Disney tomorrow, the day is finally here.
You're all packed and ready; now it's time to cheer.
Hope your trip is merry and filled with special things.
And that you are surrounded with the magic that Disney brings!
pixiedust:

Arriving July 4
bakenatj- July 4- July 11 @ OKW
helenreed- July 4- July 18 @ BWV

Have a great trip everyone that is leaving tomorrow. Safe travels :drive: and be sure to report back to us when you return. :wave2::wave:

So because of the high wind storm that we had blow threw here on Friday night, most of our area has been without power. My in-laws still have no power, summer camps are cancelled, intersections have been a mess. Trees and power lines are down all over. Anyway, last night they decided to cancel four of the main fireworks displays in our area. The kids are really disappointed. It will be fine of course, but the 4th of July without fireworks will be a little weird. We will have to watch Wishes twice in Disney I guess. Oh Darn! :lmao:

Same here! I can not believe the mass destruction it caused here. Our state is still around 60% without power. It is slowly coming back up. And they are saying it may be a week until some places are back up. We are experiences a pretty big gas shortage too. So many gas stations are without power, so they can't pump. They sent in emergency tankers yesterday. You seen convoys of just fuel trucks coming down the interstate.

We don't get weather like that often. It was always said if we did, it would be horrific because the wind would get stuck between the mountains. And they were right. It bounced of the mountains. You can see just how strong it was when you go around a curve and every.single.tree is gone. Never seen anything like it. We were at the mall when it came through. Went in to sunshine and came out to mass chaos and destruction.

We just got back from our quickie trip to MD!!!! The storm came about an hour after we landed on Friday night! It was quite a mess for sure. My mom never lost power, but we didn't have water for the first whole day we were there! :sad2:

12 days until Disney!!!:dance3:

Question of the day....

How many days until Disney?

We leave the house in 16 days for the road trip
We arrive at Disney World in 20 days!! :banana:

I have missed the DIS. I haven't been on here in over 2 months. Just was very busy the last couple of months of the school year, which ended here last week. Plus lots of family celebrations in May and June as always, and unfortunately, we lost my great grand aunt at the end of May. She was the youngest sister of my great grandmother, and the last of her generation. Up until she passed away, we had 5 living generations in our family, for the past 11 years since my niece was born. We all miss her dearly.

Hi! I changed a couple of our ADRs around. Here are the changes:

1. Instead of the Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner on July 24, we are going to Yachtsman Steakhouse at 5:55pm.

2. Instead of Yachtsman Steakhouse for dinner on July 28, we are going to The Wave at 6:20pm.

We decided on The Wave on the 28th since we are surprising the boys with the Pirates & Pals Fireworks Cruise that night, which leaves from the Contemporary. That way dinner won't feel rushed. And, the dinner menu for The Wave looked more appealing to us than the Grand Floridian Cafe menu. So, we switched Yachtsman for a different night (the night we originally had GF Cafe).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter