July 2012 Car Rentals

Well, I've been wrong about a lot of things with car rentals, as usual, but this little statement turned out to be true.

I received an email from Budget last night with a $179/week intermediate SUV. My car deal with Alamo is still significantly better than the SUV, so I'll stick with that, but this might help some of you looking for the SUV.

To use this, specify a BCD of U102800. This is not a coupon and came in an email directly from Budget, so its definitely public and will require no documentation. I imagine you can also apply a coupon. Not sure of the date range on this, but hopefully it'll help some of you with SUVs.
bolding is mine...
Yes this is available to the public, but No, it is Not combinable with a coupon. That is the Final rate... :sad2: Would be nice to get it a little bit lower.

hotwire has minivan for $344.16 for 9 days...it $100 less then i've been able to get on the rental sites with codes....

but i'm still wondering if this a good deal... we leave on july 13th

I have booked a last minute vacation for end of July and OH MY GOSH I hve never seen such high rates! I am in big trouble! I need a minivan and most companys are out of them, or if they have them they want $1000 for a week. Anyone finding any deals that I've missed?

And this evening I plugged in the same data and came up with $177.88 after taxes (which I reserved). So things are looking even better!

And checked again today and took another $7 or so off.
So as others have mentioned before, keep checking those rates, up to the day you leave!

got a great rate with dollar...148.39 for mid size with taxes and fees for July 11-18

I've never rented from them before but that's a smokin' deal :thumbsup2

no code needed...did regular reservation and then clicked on city deals banner that came up to get that rate :thumbsup2

Don't know if extra driver is important to you but Dollar charges $10/day extra. I see a midsize with Enterprise through Costco for $158 inc taxes and free additional driver.
http://www.costcotravel.com/#11_rentalCars

:sad:So Alamo's prices should drop about 1 week prior to your date? Because right now with only 9 days to go after trying everything. Every code, every coupon, moving times around, nothing.

:sad:So Alamo's prices should drop about 1 week prior to your date? Because right now with only 9 days to go after trying everything. Every code, every coupon, moving times around, nothing.

Same here!:sad2:

I've had up to 5 cars booked and only need it for 3 days! Right now the best I can do is a Standard SUV with the Budget code X474200 for $166.

I just hope we all fit! Ford Edge or "similar". Actually we will fit (2 adults, 1 teen...same size as me and 1 tween and teen both about 5' and super skinny. However I'm not so sure about the luggage but the mini van I have booked for 4 days is $200 more and I can't change the dates without losing the van since they appear to be sold out everywhere (7/29 pickup in DTD area to Port 8/1).

Alamo hasn't had anything available for drop off at the port in months.

Try this combo.

Alamo code id 7015309 and coupon AD2359FDF. It has been the cheapest I've found. It's a Costco code and American Airlines coupon for $35 off. I have a mid-size SUV booked for $340 with another code (includes full tank of gas though and the code isn't working anymore so please don't bother asking) and then found this and booked a full size car for $243 including taxes for July 22-August 2nd (early AM drop off). That is $22 a day for a full size. I'm renting from Sanford Airport though.

Don't know if extra driver is important to you but Dollar charges $10/day extra. I see a midsize with Enterprise through Costco for $158 inc taxes and free additional driver.
http://www.costcotravel.com/#11_rentalCars

additional driver not an issue for me but thanks for the heads up :thumbsup2

Still haven't found anything cheaper out there.

I did see a pay now fee of 100 pre tax for compact at budget which isn't too bad but by the time you add all the fees it's about 160. UGGG :sad2:

Try this combo.

Alamo code id 7015309 and coupon AD2359FDF. It has been the cheapest I've found. It's a Costco code and American Airlines coupon for $35 off. I have a mid-size SUV booked for $340 with another code (includes full tank of gas though and the code isn't working anymore so please don't bother asking) and then found this and booked a full size car for $243 including taxes for July 22-August 2nd (early AM drop off). That is $22 a day for a full size. I'm renting from Sanford Airport though.

You're a life saver!! (Disney Souvenir money saver to be exact)

Thank you!! :cool1:

Try this combo.

What do I need to use the Costco code? Just the number o ft he code or will I have to present something later at the counter?

What do I need to use the Costco code? Just the number o ft he code or will I have to present something later at the counter?

You may find it worth it to get a Costco membership if the only deals you find are very pricy. It'll pay for the membership and you'd always have the card then.

Okay, 1 week from today I pickup my car rental from Alamo at Buffalo Intl Airport NY. I have been stalking Alamo website multible times a day for about a month now with no changes. But faithfully reading all posts here on the July Car Rental and even the August in case I missed anything.

Please tell me all my bleary eyed stalking on the computer will pay off this week and my rates will go down. I am so gonna need this vacation on the beach of Ocean City MD just to recoup the many hours of searching the internet for rates.

I need to get my car from Alamo as I joined their Insiders Club. We will get a free additional driver and since we are not flying, no extra fees due to no plane ticket to show at counter. I want to pay what the car rental is not the just in case fees. I joined BJ's hoping for rates. What a bust that was. No Costco near us. The Visa rate is just so,so. Right now I am using the Insiders discount with a Vroom Vroom code I found for free double upgrade so my total for 9 days after additional fees is $354.00. It must go down right???

So tired.:surfweb:

Okay, 1 week from today I pickup my car rental from Alamo at Buffalo Intl Airport NY. I have been stalking Alamo website multible times a day for about a month now with no changes. But faithfully reading all posts here on the July Car Rental and even the August in case I missed anything.

Please tell me all my bleary eyed stalking on the computer will pay off this week and my rates will go down. I am so gonna need this vacation on the beach of Ocean City MD just to recoup the many hours of searching the internet for rates.

I need to get my car from Alamo as I joined their Insiders Club. We will get a free additional driver and since we are not flying, no extra fees due to no plane ticket to show at counter. I want to pay what the car rental is not the just in case fees. I joined BJ's hoping for rates. What a bust that was. No Costco near us. The Visa rate is just so,so. Right now I am using the Insiders discount with a Vroom Vroom code I found for free double upgrade so my total for 9 days after additional fees is $354.00. It must go down right???

So tired.:surfweb:

I would try bidding on Priceline for buffalo airport to save $$$. Hotwire is like $290 for 9 days inc taxes for fullsize.

Just booked 10 days 7/21-7/31 through Budget at MCO - Intermediate sized car, total with all charges $276. Used a Southwest frequent flier code (U072700).

This is much cheaper than what I had booked before, so I thought I'd throw it out there. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter